BVEStation

Author Topic: My official Intro that should have been done a long time ago. LOL (Revised)  (Read 6144 times)

Offline CTAredlineNYCTace

• New Recruit
  • Future New York City Transit Authority Employee
    • View Profile
Hello out there BVEstation. My name is Brian. All my friends call me Breezy (bc of my laid back and super social attitude), known to the BVE community as CTAredlineNYCTace / aka-The homeboy railfanner. Lol, kinda funny huh? Anywhoo( ::) ), I hail from the city of the GO-aka- Chicago,where I have been a rail enthusiast,and a public-transit student since the age of 4.

I began railfanning on my own at the age of 6. If that sounds a little crazy,believe me it was and I was severely punished for it. Although grounded for a very long time ,like any public-transit enthusiast as soon as I was free(lol) I got right back to it. I just figured out how to lie better.(lol)

So with that being said before I reached the age of 7, I had completely learned the entire Chicago Transit Authority's rapid transit and mass transit system. Which also helped me learn the city and city streets. This would prove very helpful in my future career choice in public transit.

At the age of 11,In grammar school I used to draw and paint from memory trains and buses. I did it so much that I was often caught in class, not doing my school work but drawing.(lol). So my art teacher decided to debut some of my really extensive work on the wall outside of our class door and an art gallery owner and developer also decided to take it a step further and debut my work in his gallery. The name of the exhibit was CTA past and present @ The Intuit Art Center here in Chicago on north Halsted Ave.

This only fueled my passion for public transit more. So I hit the library and started studying. The first book I read was Destination Loop by Brian J. Curdy(you guys should pick that up. Its a good read),which lead to his second book, Under The Sidewalks Of New York. That is the book that really got me interested in the MTA.

I saw how our system was designed to replicate the MTA's system. Then I realized that CTA copies everything the MTA does. I-E; The Metro Card System. (CTA's is the Transit Card System. Same Cards machines and turn-styles. NYCTA had it 1st.) So I figured why not go directly to the source and see it first hand.

I then thought if I am to have a career in public-transit then I will need some experience. So I began to obtain jobs dealing directly with the public as to learn how to deal in public relations. Cashier,sales,telemarketing,tour guide,Taxi Cab Dispatcher, Limo-Livery driver and finally a Taxi Driver. I've been a licensed chauffeur in the city of Chicago for almost ten years and I like the job but not as a career.

Also with a lot of things screwed up here in the city of chicago and the state of Illinois's polotics not to many chauffeurs are making too much money now. The skills that I've acquired being a chauffeur are golden to me. They are and will be a great asset to any company corporation or organization I bring them to.

With all of the financial problems and polotics involved with the CTA, I just don't feel comfortable being placed into that environment, especially seeing that this is a major transit corporation that has not or tried to expand and step up the progress of the system since the opening of the orangeline to Midway Airport in 1993.

It has taken the CTA almost 20 years to begin replacing the rest of our rapid transit "L" cars since the retiring of our St.louis Car co. 6000/1-50 series and the Pullman-Standard 2000 series cars at the closure and rehab of our west-south routes(formerly the Lake street "L",Engelwood "L",and Jackson park "L") also known today as the greenline.

My avatar is a pic of our long awaited 5000 series Smart-Cars still on lease from Bombardier on an order that is not even finished.Chicago is just now getting our Smart-Cars, where as New York has had them since 1999.

CTA moves too slow for me and has Way too many infrastucture problems. The MTA moves faster on projects,does many more expansions on an already vast system, has better equipment,better technology and most importantly,more jobs. So you guys can really see why I'm so into this.

This is my career choice and I will accept any aspect of it. I-E; Motorman,conductor,rail car mechanic,track maintenance,and I'm even willing to start in lower postions until I obtain all the education I need to be apart of New York City Transit Authority's team. I feel that pubic transit is what I'm put on this earth to do.  I am adament that I will achieve my goals and I just figured that BVEstation was great place to start.

So there you go guys,like Jay-Z said on reasonable doubt-It's me,it's me,it's me,it's me,it's me,it's me,it's me again. Rotflmbo! ;D. Much love to all railfanners and BVEstation members and a special big ups to all BVEstation board members. See y'all on the forums. Peace ;)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:10:13 am by CTAredlineNYCTace »
R.I.P. ST.LOUIS CAR CO. 6000/1-50 (CTA) > PULLMAN STANDARD 2000(CTA) > R36 ST.LOUIS CAR CO GSI,8570-9769(MTA). They all are dearly missed :"(

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
Re: My official Intro that should have been done a long time ago. LOL
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 08:02:48 pm »
Welcome!

One pointer, use paragraph's please.  That was such an eye-sore to read.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 09:20:21 pm »
Welcome to BVEStation.

Yes please separate your paragraph for the sake of us to be able to read! ;)
BVEStation.

Offline CTAredlineNYCTace

• New Recruit
  • Future New York City Transit Authority Employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:45:06 am »
Welcome!

One pointer, use paragraph's please.  That was such an eye-sore to read.
Welcome to BVEStation.

Yes please separate your paragraph for the sake of us to be able to read! ;)
yea I thought about that when i woke up this morning. Don't worry guys I'll fix it. Thanks for the advice and the modify optn.lol
That should be a little better guys and thanks again. I know I may seem a little long winded but  I felt that everyone in the BVE community should really know who I am, what kind of person I am, and what I stand for. That way ppl can understand me better. Also remember that's why they call this the windy city, says the history books.lol  ;)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:33:18 am by CTAredlineNYCTace »
R.I.P. ST.LOUIS CAR CO. 6000/1-50 (CTA) > PULLMAN STANDARD 2000(CTA) > R36 ST.LOUIS CAR CO GSI,8570-9769(MTA). They all are dearly missed :"(