BVEStation

Author Topic: R142A and R143 for OpenBVE has been released  (Read 16573 times)

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: R142A and R143 for OpenBVE has been released
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 02:07:08 pm »
Hey Rayvon is there a dead motor or 2 on the R-143? It seems every other stations when I take off it seems slower like it's struggling to accelerate.Sometimes when I takeoff Max Power it takes a while to kick in struggling so I brake to get it started again and it accelerates normal.I like the fact that it's a challenging train.

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 03:40:47 pm »
Hey Rayvon is there a dead motor or 2 on the R-143? It seems every other stations when I take off it seems slower like it's struggling to accelerate.Sometimes when I takeoff Max Power it takes a while to kick in struggling so I brake to get it started again and it accelerates normal.I like the fact that it's a challenging train.
It could be because of the brakes. In reality the NTTs only use propulsion braking until they slow to 5mph, then they switch to air braking. I added a higher control speed to the R143 to sort of simulate this, so the slow accel may be because the brakes are somehow sticking when you take off. I'll look into it later

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 11:05:44 pm »
It could be because of the brakes. In reality the NTTs only use propulsion braking until they slow to 5mph, then they switch to air braking. I added a higher control speed to the R143 to sort of simulate this, so the slow accel may be because the brakes are somehow sticking when you take off. I'll look into it later
Ok thanks b\c if you check this out at 1:40 the train is struggling but most of the stations it accelerated fine
Openbve NYCT-L(Canarsie to Myrtle Av)
but dang that R-143 is challenging and I love it!