BVEStation

Author Topic: Route development status widget  (Read 4738 times)

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Route development status widget
« on: November 07, 2011, 04:38:25 pm »
In light of the recent bombardment of questions about route progress or development, I would suggest that some sort of link to the "Status of Routes" thread on the Official NYCTA Development Center Subforum be added to the main page (The link should be a noticeable feature of the front page so people wont miss it).

All these recent questions have really cluttered up the forum, and since people seem unwilling to search for the answer to their questions themselves, a big in your face link to the thread would really improve the quality of the forums in my opinion.

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Route development status widget
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 06:00:28 pm »
That's a great idea. If that gets implemented, we should also have one for trains (ones being worked on)

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 08:12:37 pm »
I don't see this working, people will still bombard the forum with status questions regardless.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 09:48:06 pm »
I think that if it is made noticable enough (such as a big icon with a lot of contrast to the rest of the page), it would reduce the posts by about 80%.

The other 20% of the posts are made by people who are simply too ignorant to read anything on the site except the "New Topic" button.

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 10:33:27 pm »
Or, instead of constantly updating the Status of NYCTA routes topic with useless comments, it should just be a single post for the update of routes. We, as route developers, can update it whenever we make progress.

And whenever someone makes a topic asking about it, instead of making any comments on why they didn't search the forum(which no one does nowadays) we can just post the link, thus avoiding the conflict altogether. Regardless, there will be a bit of manual labor to make something "automatic" per se.

BStyles

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 01:02:42 pm »
There is a sticky thread already made. If people fail to read. Just ignore them.

I have 234 PM's because of the 6, B, D, F, and 2 via the 1. Im not even bothered.