BVEStation

Author Topic: OpenBVE Multiplayer Extension Newtown v0.32 Released  (Read 16478 times)

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: OpenBVE Multiplayer Extension Newtown v0.32 Released
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 12:40:38 am »
Same here it dropped my framerates from 30/35 to about 10/15.
Hey Kevin,

Is it just me, or is ME laggy. I ran it with the (F) and I'm getting 8-10 fps, when usually I'm getting 35-55. It's not my computer either, and I'm also getting a .NET framework error when I'm connecting.
You guys gotta remember this is not compatible with the F yet...
Doesn't matter does it? We use "Custom" anyways.But clearly it dropped our framerates by more than half.And we both got errors when using the Newtown it wouldn't connect.Also the ME things is very laggy compared to the regular Openbve.

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 12:44:37 am »
Hey Kevin,

Is it just me, or is ME laggy. I ran it with the (F) and I'm getting 8-10 fps, when usually I'm getting 35-55. It's not my computer either, and I'm also getting a .NET framework error when I'm connecting.
Doesn't matter does it? We use "Custom" anyways.But clearly it dropped our framerates by more than half.And we both got errors when using the Newtown it wouldn't connect.Also the ME things is very laggy compared to the regular Openbve.
because like he said the F wasn't added in. We use all of the other routes and experience no drops in frame rates.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 12:47:31 am »
Hey Kevin,

because like he said the F wasn't added in. We use all of the other routes and experience no drops in frame rates.
I understand what you're saying but even with other routes that are not added I never had this problem b\c me and my partner or whatever always use "Custom" for the routes whether its there or not.

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 11:11:00 am »
You guys are right, for some reason whenever you're running a custom route, the frames drop severely. However, if you're using the routes on the list, they run smoothly. Is there a reason why this happens, this severe frame drop?
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 03:29:09 pm »
Hey Kevin,

I understand what you're saying but even with other routes that are not added I never had this problem b\c me and my partner or whatever always use "Custom" for the routes whether its there or not.
Yes, the Custom tab is there... That doesn't mean, however it will work... The LUL happens to have quite a few flaws on it
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 04:01:43 pm »
Thats not a compatibility issue, thats an issue with OpenBVE.  From what I've heard the newer versions of OpenBVE have a better tweaked rendering system, which improves framerates.  Multiplayer Extension will not be updated to the latest version of OpenBVE anytime soon however, so you guys will have to live with that issue for a bit.  I'll add F support to the current system however, within the next few days or weeks...
BVEStation.