BVEStation

Author Topic: how do you progam a motor?  (Read 5300 times)

Offline 1crazyman23

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
how do you progam a motor?
« on: November 10, 2013, 05:25:11 pm »
How do you program or make another motor that will work in a train?
Move forward.

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: how do you progam a motor?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 08:05:47 pm »
You mean, for example, change the GE motors of the R46 into Westinghouse motors as on the R32, sound wise? To do that, simply transfer motor sound files between the two trains (plus the Sound CFG file), and replace them all.
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline 1crazyman23

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 09:05:51 pm »
no i mean like, for example there can only be two motors in the train and only two, then some how you add something to the train that can
make you put another motor in it that will work with it.
Move forward.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:32:14 pm »
You can't. OpenBVE does not currently support such complex train building, unfortunately. You can only have one type of motive power for any train. Also, as you said (at least I think you're talking about this), OpenBVE only supports two motor sounds at any given time. You cannot add another one without first removing one.

That is the extent to which I understand your question. You need to be clearer with your wording if you want a better response.

Offline 1crazyman23

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 11:29:16 pm »
          like there can only be that many motors that you will hear right? then somehow you add another motor to the train and when you drive the train you can hear that motor you added to the train.
Move forward.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 10:54:07 pm »
I suppose a video tutorial is called for, since explaining the process is in words is complex and cumbersome, but i'll give it a shot.
You cannot simply add a motor sound byte into the train folder and expect to hear it, obviously. You need to go into the train.dat file and manipulate the code found at the "end" of the file (motor sound codes take up the majority of the Train.dat file). In addition, you need to enter the sound.cfg file and make sure the motor sound you just added is coded for.

When I edit motor sounds for my trains, I use the train editor application, since it allows you to manipulate the motor sound code without going into the train.dat file and playing with the actual numbers. You will see in the tutorial video. Give me a few hours ok?

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Programming Motor Sounds (Tutorial Video)
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 11:55:23 am »
Here it is. Shoot me a PM if you have further questions. Basically, once you learn how to do it, the process is just a lot of trail and error.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFKF4vZXdtI#