BVEStation

Author Topic: The State Of The Art Car (SOAC) for OpenBVE is finally available!  (Read 6475 times)

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
  • 1970s Routes developper
    • View Profile
This site is dead as f***, but I promised I will still post my released stuff here.

Please read before downloading!

Description:
The State of the Art Car (SOAC) Program was initiated by the United States Department of Transportation in 1971 and completed in 1977. The Program was designed to demonstrate the newest rail car technology, such as Director Current Chopper Control, to the older rapid transit systems (New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston and Cleveland). The "new technology" San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit system (BART) was under construction in 1971 (it opened in 1972) when the SOAC project was initiated.

Boeing Vertol was retained as a Systems Manager for the SOAC and related work. Boeing contracted with St. Louis Car Company to build two rapid transit cars based on "BART or better" technology. St. Louis was building R-44 series cars for New York at that time, so an R-44 frame was used for the frame. The cars were extensively tested at the Department of Transportation's High Speed Ground Test Center, Pueblo, Colorado in 1973. The cars were then sent on a national tour in 1974-1975, and visited New York City during 1974 and operated on various lines as follows:

May 17-18, June 14, June 16-20 on the D
June 21, June 23-28 on the N
June 30 - July 5 on the A
July 8-14 on the E
July 15-19 on the D

Key assignments:
7: Side roll signs.

Credits:
The R44 Project Team, since their R44 was used for the SOAC project.

1960s-1970s Lover:
-Interior, exterior (front and underbody), cab and texture modifications.
-Trucks.
-3D Cab (Animated codes, some textures and models taken from the R46 Pre-GOH's cab. Credit to its respective owner Manuel Mejias).

Conversion to HMMSIM is authorized AS LONG AS YOU GIVE CREDITS TO THE RESPONSIBLE DEVELOPER of the SOAC (Me).

Might be updated in the future!

Any questions, or issues to report, feel free to message me on Messenger (Ilia Cnk).

Thanks for downloading and enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1c33jexpp83gjh8/State_Of_The_Art_Car_%2528SOAC%2529_%255BNYCTA%255D.rar/file
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 02:56:11 pm by BadriveR142A »

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline shark

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: The State Of The Art Car (SOAC) for OpenBVE is finally available!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:52:28 pm »
F**k and I was just about to re download it since my hdd got corrupted.

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
  • 1970s Routes developper
    • View Profile
Re: The State Of The Art Car (SOAC) for OpenBVE is finally available!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 11:00:26 am »
F**k and I was just about to re download it since my hdd got corrupted.
Give me your mail adress I'll send it to you. I'm sorry but I had to take down the links due to some problems going on.

1960 - 1970s Lover