BVEStation

Author Topic: making a route compatible with all versions of BVE  (Read 5369 times)

Offline Andres

• Conductor
  • 3rd Avenue El Is the stuff.
    • View Profile
making a route compatible with all versions of BVE
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:16:29 pm »
is there anyone with experience in route building that could help me and teach me how to make my own copies of IRT, BMT and IND routes that are compatible with all versions of BVE for those few members who don't have openBVE. i would appreciate the hep cuz the tutorials that where on the old forums are not specific enough. if anyone could help m id really appreciate it cuz i think its time i did my part for the community. so yeah if anyone can help me or teach me id really appreciate it. i will also give all of my tokens to the person who is willing to help me i know its not a lot of tokens but its all i got. im asking this so i can make my own versions of all routes that work with BVE4 and BVE also i would like to start making routes for openBVE routes that are a little more complicated for you guys that i here ya talking on teamspeak about routes that should be interesting. im telling you if ya decide to hep me illl devote myself to making a route.

your friend railroadtycoon

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: making a route compatible with all versions of BVE
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 03:39:28 pm »
Making a route compatible with all versions of bve is not as simple as you think. BVE2 requires only RW format. Some routes have animations that won't work in BVE4 (Ex Birmingham Cross City South V3 or w/e). Some routes won't work properly in openBVE. Same concept with trains
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:41:01 pm by bve »
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 05:35:31 pm »
Making a route compatible with all versions of bve is not as simple as you think. BVE2 requires only RW format. Some routes have animations that won't work in BVE4 (Ex Birmingham Cross City South V3 or w/e). Some routes won't work properly in openBVE. Same concept with trains

BVE supports both RW and CSV formats. What it doesn't support, is animated files such as signals, station displays, etc which our newer routes are adapting to.

Its nothing that the original author of the route cannot do. He can make the route compatible with all versions of BVE, which the newer routes are achieving. What you will need to do if you plan to do all of this, is contact the original authors of the routes(do not ask me; their names are in the downloads section). Then you will need to know the basics of coding a BVE route before you go diving into a route file and end up destroying the coding.

BStyles

Offline Andres

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 07:24:08 pm »
Then you will need to know the basics of coding a BVE route before you go diving into a route file and end up destroying the coding.

BStyles

do you think id be so stupid as to just dive into a route folder and attempt to change the code ending up destroying it?

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 09:12:11 pm »
if the route works in BVE1, then it'll work in all versions of BVE.

think way way back, to the old generic routes with no 3rd rail...those work with all versions of BVE lol

Offline Andres

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 09:25:33 pm »
if the route works in BVE1, then it'll work in all versions of BVE.

think way way back, to the old generic routes with no 3rd rail...those work with all versions of BVE lol

but i mean making openBVE routes editing them so they work with all BVE

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:11 pm »
If you want to make a route specifically designed for OpenBVE to work in BVE, you'd pretty much have to re-write the whole route from scratch as there are many methods that work only in OpenBVE which is not supported by BVE.