BVEStation

Author Topic: NYC Subway Westinghouse Electric 1447J DC Traction Motor Sound Pack Released  (Read 9261 times)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
OpenBVE HD EXCLUSIVE: New York City Subway Westinghouse 1447J DC Traction Motor Sound Pack Release
This is the OpenBVE New York City Subway Westinghouse Electric DC Traction Motor Model 1447J Sound Pack.

I took the time to review some real life video and pitch match the motor sound with regard to speed. Also made some volume adjustments. Exterior station stop clips first, followed by a cab ride clip.

Good for use in the following:
R32
R42
R44
R62A
R68
R68A

If you are an OpenBVE developer, you'll know what to do with this lol.

Have fun and enjoy =)

Reference videos:
New York City Subway HD: Bombardier R62A Westinghouse 1447J DC Traction Motor Dynamic Brake Sound
- R62A interior
New York City Subway HD EXCLUSIVE: R68A B Train Railfan Via Brighton Express w/ SAAHC (RFW)
- R68A interior
[HD] R68a - B Express train Entering Newkirk Plaza (Manhattan Bound)
- R68A flying into Newkirk Plaza

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ewkn41c1pom1928/OpenBVE+New+York+City+Subway+Westinghouse+Electric+DC+Traction+Motor+Model+1447J+Sound+Pack.7z

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
One more reference video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvfyLak4Lzg#
- R42 Braking with Speed Monitoring.

Offline JayJay85

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
we should do a GE version.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
we should do a GE version.
I have something in the works for the GE propulsion, but I'm not satisfied with the progress so far to showcase it. Maybe in a week or so.

Offline B3 via Av U

• New Recruit
  • Fire Alarm Guy
    • View Profile
Nice work! That screaming sound is my childhood, I grew up with the screaming WH 1447J on the Q in the dinosaur age when R68/A Q trains were a thing.

I'm trying to install this pack, I dropped the motor sounds into the directory (and told Windows to replace files when prompted) and deleted the old motor code in TRAIN.DAT and threw in the old one (of course, after wisely making a backup). It still sounds the same, are we supposed to add the MOTOR_P(x)/MOTOR_B(x) code or replace it?
Aah! God damn this 15 year old desktop PC!

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Nice work! That screaming sound is my childhood, I grew up with the screaming WH 1447J on the Q in the dinosaur age when R68/A Q trains were a thing.

I'm trying to install this pack, I dropped the motor sounds into the directory (and told Windows to replace files when prompted) and deleted the old motor code in TRAIN.DAT and threw in the old one (of course, after wisely making a backup). It still sounds the same, are we supposed to add the MOTOR_P(x)/MOTOR_B(x) code or replace it?
You mean you threw in the new code after you deleted the old code?

You're supposed to entirely delete the old motor sound code from the existing train.dat and replace it with the new code that's in the download pack.

Offline B3 via Av U

• New Recruit
  • Fire Alarm Guy
    • View Profile
You mean you threw in the new code after you deleted the old code?

You're supposed to entirely delete the old motor sound code from the existing train.dat and replace it with the new code that's in the download pack.

Oh ok.  :o

I added on the new code to the old code, it seemed to work fine so I left it like that, but I'll heed your advice and see how it goes.
Aah! God damn this 15 year old desktop PC!