BVEStation

Author Topic: (WIP) JFK Express Development thread  (Read 11507 times)

Offline trainbrain

• Conductor
  • Freelance Route Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
(WIP) JFK Express Development thread
« on: May 24, 2013, 06:42:39 pm »
I am announcing another of my projects starting now:

While I test ATO plugin systems and build the train for my (T) line, I will be starting

the JFK Express
(a.k.a Train to the Plane)

I thought this route would be a welcome addition to the BVE routes we have.

Anybody willing to assist is welcome, simply drop me a PM or email trainbrain@outlook.com.

My estimated release date is mid- to late-summer, however it may be released before or after that date depending on how long it takes and how much time I have.

Station textures for the 8th Ave Line south of West 4th Street and the Fulton Street line between High Street and Rockaway Blvd would be appreciated.

Screenshots will be posted here as work progresses.

-trainbrain
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:29:23 pm by Dj Hammers »

Working on the Northbound 2nd Ave Subway and the eastbound JFK express.
Upcoming projects are the R11, R15 and R12 trains.
(All credit to goes to Lance522 for the signature)

Offline Failsafe

• Operator
  • Community Advisor
    • View Profile
Re: JFK Express: Official development thread
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 11:06:11 pm »
Yes, yes , yes! Im sorry to sound like a foamer right now, but thank god your doing this route!, Ive been looking foward to this route for a long time.

(BTW The JFK Express skips many stops, the biggest is From Jay street to Howard Beach) Heres a map to help you out: http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/system_1987.gif

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:11:23 pm by Failsafe »
Bvestation Police Department-To protect and serve

Offline Failsafe

• Operator
  • Community Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 11:13:28 pm »
You Can Also Use This Page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JFK_Express
Bvestation Police Department-To protect and serve

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 02:19:15 pm »
For you to make this, you're going to need a hell of a lot of experience coding and a lot of time. Now i'm not doubting you, but i can't even create a route like this (i would have made one if i could).  You would basically have to merge the new Q via 6 av Scenario(will be released with Q v8), run it local after W4 (on the F) , code all the way to jay street from w4 (knowing the correct distances and signaling), and then merge it with the A line file to Howard beach.

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 08:05:08 pm »
Good luck but like Mr. Railfan said, it gonna take alot of your time, Especially the junction between west 4 and spring street. Although these track maps are not official, you can use to help you complete the area:  http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/trackmap/detail-w4.png

Offline Threxx1

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 10:05:40 am »
I am announcing another of my projects starting now:

While I test ATO plugin systems and build the train for my (T) line, I will be starting

the JFK Express
(a.k.a Train to the Plane)

I thought this route would be a welcome addition to the BVE routes we have.

Anybody willing to assist is welcome, simply drop me a PM or email trainbrain@outlook.com.

My estimated release date is mid- to late-summer, however it may be released before or after that date depending on how long it takes and how much time I have.

Station textures for the 8th Ave Line south of West 4th Street and the Fulton Street line between High Street and Rockaway Blvd would be appreciated.

Screenshots will be posted here as work progresses.

-trainbrain

The updated (A) and (C) lines are in development, it may help to wait for those to get the textures.

Offline trainbrain

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 12:39:29 pm »
For you to make this, you're going to need a hell of a lot of experience coding and a lot of time. Now i'm not doubting you, but i can't even create a route like this (i would have made one if i could).  You would basically have to merge the new Q via 6 av Scenario(will be released with Q v8), run it local after W4 (on the F) , code all the way to jay street from w4 (knowing the correct distances and signaling), and then merge it with the A line file to Howard beach.

Yea I know, that was my plan. (here goes nothing) lol

Offline trainbrain

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 04:41:49 pm »

I have to merge the (Q) with the (C) at West 4, which involves coding AB1 track, the connection between 6th and 8th. Then I switch to the (A) at Jay and use that track to Howard Beach-JFK.

The updated (A) and (C) lines are in development, it may help to wait for those to get the textures.

Who is developing those routes? Maybe they have textures and I will PM them. I got the Bway Junction textures last weekend, as I was forced to go there because the (L) was shut down.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, since the JFK Express used R46s before GOH, perhaps we can update the R46 to make it a pre-GOH model and give it THIS look. I know error46146 said something about this in early Spring when the Bicentennial R46 was released.

Just a thought.

Offline Threxx1

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 05:27:19 pm »
Who is developing those routes? Maybe they have textures and I will PM them. I got the Bway Junction textures last weekend, as I was forced to go there because the (L) was shut down.

Blue18 was one of the developers on that project.

Offline trainbrain

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 07:38:40 pm »
The first screenshots are out...I will, as you can see, be updating the route with brand new HQ objects.
All these shots are of Broadway Junction East NY station and contain new track, photoreal stations and new station platform forms.

More eye candy on the way soon.
--Trainbrain

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 10:34:28 pm »
Nice, but you should try and make the wall textures nearly equivalent on both sides, so they blend into each other like this:

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 07:02:11 am »
to make them blend, they would have to be straight shots. Your shots @trainbrain were taken at an angle without you realizing.

Offline trainbrain

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 03:24:09 pm »
to make them blend, they would have to be straight shots. Your shots @trainbrain were taken at an angle without you realizing.

Well actually bigbellymon4 I do, and did realize that those shots were at an angle. They are simply BETA placeholders. Soon they will be replaced with HQ shots, with no angle.