BVEStation

Author Topic: Some Questions  (Read 3174 times)

Offline NYCSUBWAYFAN

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Some Questions
« on: November 26, 2012, 08:34:54 pm »
Hello everyone a new member here even though ive been on here surfing awhile. I first want to say the developers here are amazing to say the least. The new trains and routes are really outstanding it blows my mind what you guys can do. As a huge fan of the NYCTA its a joy to have such content so thank you. I just had some questions as far as the limitations of OpenBve.

As far as moving AI trains is there a limit to how many you can implement ( if too many would it become a lag problem) I remember playing MSTS NYCTA routes and they had moving AI trains all ova made for a fun go :)
Last would OpenBve ever have the capabilty of say like a PS3 or Xbox online game with a server so multiple ppl can drive on the same route at the same time and see others go bye you on a local or express or in the other direction like a moving AI train??

Appreciate any input guys and as mentioned this work you guys have done is amazing keep up the good work :)

Offline Threxx1

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Some Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 07:57:32 am »
There's no limit for how many AI you can have, but the lag increases as you add more train intervals.

Consoles, probably never. There is a multiplayer version of OpenBVE, but it is currently unsupported. Multiple lines on one file is what is being worked towards, but it can be done by having animated objects.

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
Re: Some Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:44:22 pm »
The closest thing to a console train game would be a game called "A Train" I believe the last one out was for the PS2.