BVEStation

Author Topic: (Y) Line Update Thread  (Read 43004 times)

Offline shiwund

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: (Y) Line Update Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 06:55:28 am »
i went to the page but, i cant see the download for the Y line... That's the only one im having trouble with, it only shows me the picture(the stairwell and concourse) but nothing else....

Offline Blue18

• Regular Developer
  • New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • OpenBVE Connection
(T) Line Version 5.0 Release Information
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2011, 11:29:59 pm »
The New York City (T) Line (the former Y Version 1.0, W Version 2.0, <W> Version 3.0, and (Y) Crosstown Version 4.0) has been released to the public. This version has some significant changes with the line:

-Station Structures: The stations from 125th Street to 72nd Street have been updated to a 2 track configuration. 79th Street has been constructed and opened.

-Curves and Tracks: The curves and tracks have been updated to look more realistic. There are still some curves/tracks that need to be updated and placed into the route.

-Signalling: The signals have been placed into various portions of the route. The signals are not completely placed into the route yet.

-Trains: The trains have been updated including the R40 Slant, R46 (R55), R160 and R184 trainsets. The final version will have more varieties of the sets.

-Route Letter: The (W)/<W> have been replaced with the (T) Line. The (W) via the (Y) and (Y) lines have been replaced with the (V) Line (in which will be released in January with the 4th Year Anniversary Party).

You need the NYCT Object Pack and NYCT Signals Pack from BVEStation in order to run the routes.

The final version is scheduled for January 2012 as part of the Anniversary Day Party in which more information will be provided.

Enjoy your (T) Line and comment for ratings, reviews and suggestions.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:57:27 pm by ipac »

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2011, 12:46:38 am »
Amazing route! The 3rd avenue line never fails to set a benchmark for fictional routes. Very few flaws with the route, and the few that exist are very minor and you're probably going to fix by the January release. Loved the new visuals you've added to the route and the 50th street effect for your 72nd street. Also liking the removal of the nasty curves that were featured in previous releases, generally making the route more fast.

Bugs that I've found for the route.
- Some stations are incomplete. (180th street and some others are either missing car markers, station exits, or both.)
- More Timers lol. I've overrun 149th on multiple occasions coming down the steep hill. Would be nice to put some just before entering the station to help some people out who overspeed.
- The curve coming into 125th isn't very smooth. The walls are really jagged and the mouth of the station seems to be missing the barriers for the tunnels
- At 96th, part of the station wall overextends onto the track.
- The M track right before it converges back to the local tracks at 79th seems to abruptly end. Don't know if you intended this or not.
- Part of the station wall for 72nd street's lower level is obstructing the (T) line's track

Kawasaki_Plant

Offline 4 Brooklyn to the bronx

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member and FDNY EMT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2011, 03:26:33 am »
Awesome route bro!!
Don't you dare call me an ambulance driver.

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2011, 03:24:15 pm »
I don't see the Y crosstown version? I only see (Y)-original and the (w) via the Y. Please post me the link for the Y crosstown version

Offline Slants4Lyfe

• Operator
  • 3 Years And Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2011, 08:46:00 pm »
Amazing route! The 3rd avenue line never fails to set a benchmark for fictional routes. Very few flaws with the route, and the few that exist are very minor and you're probably going to fix by the January release. Loved the new visuals you've added to the route and the 50th street effect for your 72nd street. Also liking the removal of the nasty curves that were featured in previous releases, generally making the route more fast.

Bugs that I've found for the route.
- Some stations are incomplete. (180th street and some others are either missing car markers, station exits, or both.)
- More Timers lol. I've overrun 149th on multiple occasions coming down the steep hill. Would be nice to put some just before entering the station to help some people out who overspeed.
- The curve coming into 125th isn't very smooth. The walls are really jagged and the mouth of the station seems to be missing the barriers for the tunnels
- At 96th, part of the station wall overextends onto the track.
- The M track right before it converges back to the local tracks at 79th seems to abruptly end. Don't know if you intended this or not.
- Part of the station wall for 72nd street's lower level is obstructing the (T) line's track

As stated, its not Final, the final version will be released in January 2012, (For the Incompleted stations)
Formally Known as tvega961

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2011, 10:06:15 pm »
Great route, since it's not final I guess that's why I don't here the sounds and only the motor sounds.

Offline Blue18

• Regular Developer
  • New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • OpenBVE Connection
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2011, 08:55:09 pm »
Thank you Simon for pointing out the issues with the route. This is what I want to see, people actually taking the time to report the issues they have with the route and not asking for BETA versions just for fun. Here's some replies to your thread:

Some stations are incomplete. (180th street and some others are either missing car markers, station exits, or both.)
Stations, Curves, Switches and Tunnels will be fully detailed with car markers, station exits, etc. when the final release comes out.

More Timers
In the final version, there will be some form of a safety system that will limit the train's speed in the route. There will also be a special R55 trainset designed for the (T) as well that will work with this safety system. Other than that there will also be a lot more timers on this route.

The M track right before it converges back to the local tracks at 79th seems to abruptly end. Don't know if you intended this or not
That's basically because that's a layup track from s/o 96th Street to n/o 79th Street.

Great route, since it's not final I guess that's why I don't here the sounds and only the motor sounds.
The run/motor sounds are depending on the actual trainset itself. The R55 will have the correct motor/sounds (using the NYCT Standard by error46146)

Once again thanks to all who commented so far and look for future updates on the final version of the (T) Line.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:57:47 pm by Blue18 »

Offline ErrorMacro11

• Operator
  • FreeLance Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2012, 03:09:08 pm »
how can i change the departure time for the W express. im always waiting for that W to depart from 205th street. making me wait fof 7 hours

Offline ARome

• Operator
  • One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2012, 03:28:33 pm »
how can i change the departure time for the W express. im always waiting for that W to depart from 205th street. making me wait fof 7 hours
look at trainsimframework.org and please stop spamming

Offline ErrorMacro11

• Operator
  • FreeLance Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012, 05:37:47 pm »
be more specific and im not a spammer

Offline bve

• Dispatcher
  • OMSI anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2012, 05:58:09 pm »
Favorite LFS Powertrain: Cummins ISL 9 EPA10
                                        Allison WB-400R Gen IV
Favorite CNG/Diesel Engine: Detroit Diesel Series 50

Favorite Transmission Make: Allison Transmission

Offline ErrorMacro11

• Operator
  • FreeLance Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2012, 10:30:38 am »
i still dont understand, its too complicated

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2012, 02:08:43 pm »
You'll understand eventually; most if not all route developers said virtually the same thing when they started learning how to code.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2012, 04:49:10 pm »
i still dont understand, its too complicated
http://transferpoint.bravepages.com/bve/make/rw.html
Go to the "Stations*" and read the entry there.

Then open up the CSV route file for the W express in microsoft excel. Go to cell B-673. you will see the following:

.sta 205th Street;14.3123;14.3130;0;1;0;0;;10;247;\NYCT-W3\205_dep.wav;

It will follow the same format as the BVE2 command box in the website I linked to you. In order to change the times, change the following values: 14.3123;14.3130

The first one is arrival time, the second is departure time. Format is as follows: Hour.minutes seconds. so 7.1330 is equivalent to 7:13:30 (7 o clock, 13 min, 30 seconds).

You should now be able to manipulate the schedule as you please. If you have any trouble, just ask for help.

NOTE the excel cell information I provided pertains to the 205th street station. In order to find the other three stations that have the messed up time, use the Ctrl+F feature and search the first part of the station name that needs to have its timetable changed. So for your particular case, you will need to type in 209th, Bedford, and 197th into the search feature to find the cells with the pertinent coding information. After you chance the timetables with for all four stations, you should be able to run the route without being hindered by the scheduling.

To the community in general: If someone asks for coding help, especially if it's something as simple as changing a schedule in a route, it is only courteous to actually help them instead of throw them a link and hope they can figure it out. Doing that just discourages potential developers from exploring the concept more.   
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:04:25 pm by Fan Railer »