BVEStation

Author Topic: SEPTA Accident!!  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
SEPTA Accident!!
« on: May 12, 2011, 05:38:48 pm »
Dude got hit by a Market Frankford line earlier. He was bleeding like crazy and paramedics came and cleaned him up and put him in the Ambulance and rode off. The train was terminated at Spring Garden and trains were diverted to the Frankford track until they moved the train.

I was there but i dont exactly know what happened to the guy. All i know is that he was hit and dragged by the train and was bleeding.
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline pitor160

• Operator
  • BVEStation Contibutor
    • View Profile
Re: SEPTA Accident!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 02:55:11 pm »
WTF!!!! damn 2 many accidents goin on

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 03:06:11 pm »
i believe the market-frankford line is a light-rail?

Offline Andres

• Conductor
  • 3rd Avenue El Is the stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 08:44:13 pm »
i believe the market-frankford line is a light-rail?

no its a high speed subway line. an attempt of making a subway line like acela. 2 tracks the entire way. the 3rd rail is in the middle of the track. so its lucky this guy survived. the cars used is like the M8. plus. its not standard U.S gauge. meaning nyc subway trains or any other kind of trains can run on it. anyway back on topic. guy is lucky he survived.

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 10:53:54 pm »
its not standard U.S gauge. meaning nyc subway trains or any other kind of trains can run on it.
Before we get back on topic, I just want to point out to you an error in that statement.

A different gauge means that the distance between the two main rails that the train runs on are different. It's impossible for every other car to run on that gauge if those cars are not built to run on that specific gauge. The Market-Frankfort line uses a broad gauge, meaning that its two rails are 5 feet and 2.5 inches apart. Standard gauge means that the two rails are set 4 feet 8.5 inches apart. Because the distance between the wheels of a train cannot change sizes, trains cannot run on broad gauge if they were specifically made to run on standard gauge.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:45:41 pm by Gong Gahou »
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 01:54:44 am »
no its a high speed subway line. an attempt of making a subway line like acela. 2 tracks the entire way. the 3rd rail is in the middle of the track. so its lucky this guy survived. the cars used is like the M8. plus. its not standard U.S gauge. meaning nyc subway trains or any other kind of trains can run on it. anyway back on topic. guy is lucky he survived.
  • The MFL is not a "high speed subway line". BART is an example of a system that could be called a high speed subway line.
  • The MFL doesn't utilize a 3rd rail system in which the conductor rail is placed in the middle of the track. The MFL actually utilizes an under-running 3rd rail system (Used by Metro North and the Bangkok Skytrain)
  • The cars the operate on the MFL are not at all similar to the M8s. In fact, cars similar to the R32s called M3s (not to be confused with the LIRR and MNRR M3/As) used to run on the line not long ago.

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 07:41:13 pm »
  • The MFL is not a "high speed subway line". BART is an example of a system that could be called a high speed subway line.
  • The MFL doesn't utilize a 3rd rail system in which the conductor rail is placed in the middle of the track. The MFL actually utilizes an under-running 3rd rail system (Used by Metro North and the Bangkok Skytrain)
  • The cars the operate on the MFL are not at all similar to the M8s. In fact, cars similar to the R32s called M3s (not to be confused with the LIRR and MNRR M3/As) used to run on the line not long ago.
actually it is a Rapid Trans Line

anyway, dude was lucky he survived after how much blood he lost
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel