BVEStation

Author Topic: BVEStation: Let's make 2017 Great Again!!  (Read 25150 times)

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
BVEStation: Let's make 2017 Great Again!!
« on: April 04, 2017, 09:25:20 am »
Some old members may remember me, others may not. But I am trying to find new ways to help spice up the site or add any features that members would like to see in the future for BVEStation. The staff, pac & myself would like to know how we can make the user experience for all, much more enjoyable. Use this thread to submit any ideas. We (the staff) will try our best to implement these ideas.

Please keep your ideas clean and try not to downplay someone else suggestions.

Offline bvefan

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: BVEStation: Let's make 2017 Great Again!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 12:42:20 pm »
Well not really much of a new idea but being on this site for about 5 years one of the liveliest threads here on BVEStation was the "The ONLY Official OpenBVE Screenshots/Videos Thread" (https://forums.bvestation.com/index.php?topic=134.msg442#msg442). A thread where people would freely share pictures or videos that were either train operating videos, music videos, or personal modifications they have done or are doing. Most people would usually go and showcase their work on Facebook now,including me ::), because it's easier and more convenient to post pictures, video, and/or share content from other websites to Facebook. A lot of people visit bvestation but only the same handful of people post on the thread. Not only that but when people do create a personal mod and post it here, on bvestation, they tend to think of themselves as developers and make their own thread about their work and only talk about it once or twice when they should just post it on "The ONLY Official OpenBVE Screenshots/Videos Thread."

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 08:03:09 pm »
Well not really much of a new idea but being on this site for about 5 years one of the liveliest threads here on BVEStation was the "The ONLY Official OpenBVE Screenshots/Videos Thread" (https://forums.bvestation.com/index.php?topic=134.msg442#msg442). A thread where people would freely share pictures or videos that were either train operating videos, music videos, or personal modifications they have done or are doing. Most people would usually go and showcase their work on Facebook now,including me ::), because it's easier and more convenient to post pictures, video, and/or share content from other websites to Facebook. A lot of people visit bvestation but only the same handful of people post on the thread. Not only that but when people do create a personal mod and post it here, on bvestation, they tend to think of themselves as developers and make their own thread about their work and only talk about it once or twice when they should just post it on "The ONLY Official OpenBVE Screenshots/Videos Thread."
The administration will try to enforce that as much as possible. Also we cannot take into account that certain users don't read. But overposting or spam posting won't be tolerated. We will try our best to also enforce that. If you have any ideas to make the link you submitted in your post more lively, drop me an inbox I can definitely converse and take some of your ideas and put it into fruition.

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 01:58:02 pm »
Well, I stopped posting here because I always felt like I was being ignored or no one really around. Sometime's I'd try to spark things up with a holiday post or something along those lines to get folks chatting and it didn't get anywhere. I've been a member since I was in HS and I am 26 now- One thing is for sure, BVEstation peeps have even stopped making holiday announcements (not even generic ones) so it made me feel it was like...dead (lack of word atm) as far up as site-admin level.

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 09:37:13 pm »
The forums died and got overran with these super extra threads and kids posting all over the place so I was just like, fuck it lol
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline yankees8318

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 06:35:16 pm »
You see this is the problem, do you know how long it takes to make routes? People have lives, but you know I guess y'all don't understand the meaning of a life because y'all complaining about a train simulator... a train simulator, if y'all can't wait for routes, make them yourself, but I guess y'all trying so I applaud y'all but still y'all should try to develop some before talking smack, just being real. Instead of playing bve, stack up and get something called a girl? Does that ring a bell?

Offline R160Railfan

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 11:29:57 am »
._.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 01:52:45 pm »
You see this is the problem, do you know how long it takes to make routes? People have lives, but you know I guess y'all don't understand the meaning of a life because y'all complaining about a train simulator... a train simulator, if y'all can't wait for routes, make them yourself, but I guess y'all trying so I applaud y'all but still y'all should try to develop some before talking smack, just being real. Instead of playing bve, stack up and get something called a girl? Does that ring a bell?

No need for that type of talk. Regardless if it's truthful or not, there are better ways to address others. Let's keep that in mind for the future.

This thread isn't for restating the obvious. You guys are part of this community. If you have something to contribute and it could help liven back up the site, then feel free to give some input.

Offline R160Railfan

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 12:50:53 pm »
The forums should start getting filled by the summer probably lol