BVEStation > Introduction

New "old wrinkly" user

<< < (2/3) > >>

YankeesPwnMets:
I can help you out with the joystick issue here
http://forums.bvestation.com/index.php?board=24.0

I don't want to have to throw your introduction topic off

Anyways, welcome. Nice to see a senior member around... I'm still 41 years younger then you lol

ivatt:
Hi, thanks for the replies.

Some of the info posted I have already found.

I am familiar with the basic keyboard controls but as Simon says the UK safety systems are quite complex and I'm sure that I am not disabling them properly when I try to get the train moving.

Have printed the CL323 drivers guide but first attempt wasn't successful so will have to have another go. Same old AWS problem I suspect.

From first attempts OPENBVE implements the UK safety features far more than MSTS used to as I never had a problem with that. Pity there isn't a general command under options to ignore them!!

YankeesPwnMets thanks for reminding me of my age (only kidding).

Tried the link you posted but all I can see are two topics

Read here first
Graphics card

nothing about joysticks.

Dr. Subway18:

--- Quote from: ivatt on February 10, 2012, 09:38:16 am ---Hi, thanks for the replies.

Some of the info posted I have already found.

I am familiar with the basic keyboard controls but as Simon says the UK safety systems are quite complex and I'm sure that I am not disabling them properly when I try to get the train moving.

Have printed the CL323 drivers guide but first attempt wasn't successful so will have to have another go. Same old AWS problem I suspect.

From first attempts OPENBVE implements the UK safety features far more than MSTS used to as I never had a problem with that. Pity there isn't a general command under options to ignore them!!

YankeesPwnMets thanks for reminding me of my age (only kidding).

Tried the link you posted but all I can see are two topics

Read here first
Graphics card

nothing about joysticks.

--- End quote ---
hey ivatt
  I used a joystick in openbve once, but i manually put the control inputs in, maby you should try the same if you want, when i did it it was easier because i knew where everything was and how to run the train without guessing which button did what or posting sticky pads on my joystick lol. you can also go in the train editor of UK trains and disable some of the safety features i pretty sure but I'm not promising.  just download the train editor and then when you have that program go into the train file of your choosing and select the train. DAT file to open. if not that then customize the security key commands in the menus of bve. try that and let me know whatcha get ;)

YankeesPwnMets:
I meant to start a new topic about it :P

ivatt:
Thanks for the replies.

Will have another go at the joystick but more pressing is the need to crack the ats issue.

Dr. Subway18

I have seen the Security commands in the customise commands menu but as I don't know what they all mean a bit loathe to start messing around too much.

Been suggested I rename the ats.cfg file to disable the ats security so that I can just concentrate on the driving. Seems a simple thing to do although it was pointed out this might disabled things such as the wipers but I can live with that.

Feel a bit of an idiot that I can't get the hang of things.

YankeesPwnMets

If you start a topic about the joysticks can you let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version