BVEStation

Author Topic: Status of Routes as of November 2016  (Read 116154 times)

Offline bnjypov

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • elektronika
Re: Status of Routes as of April 2011
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 06:17:32 pm »
What about m7/a-m8 trains is anybody working on  these trains

I believe there is an M-7 out there.  Somewhere.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 06:49:39 pm »
The M-7 is no longer available but some people in the community have it along with the M-3(no longer available also) . 8) but there is several Railroad equipment(trains) if someone does create a railroad route whether its fictional,semi or real.

Offline bnjypov

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • elektronika
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 08:39:02 pm »
Were they even good trains?  (we digress)

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2011, 01:09:27 am »
The M-7 is no longer available but some people in the community have it along with the M-3(no longer available also) . 8) but there is several Railroad equipment(trains) if someone does create a railroad route whether its fictional,semi or real.
The M3 is (or was) available, I think it was being updated by someone

Offline JayJay85

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2011, 03:37:06 pm »
Good news the D line is now 98% done I just need to add some houses and speed signs on Elevated part

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 08:07:58 pm »
Good news the D line is now 98% done I just need to add some houses and speed signs on Elevated part
Just a suggestion, it probably wont happen because of the difficulty of route making. There should be some variety of the houses and not the same one every block. I know it's hard but it gives the route a nice quality and it pleases many other people not just me. By the way, will this route feature those OB NYCT signals?

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2011, 05:45:18 pm »
Just a suggestion, it probably wont happen because of the difficulty of route making. There should be some variety of the houses and not the same one every block. I know it's hard but it gives the route a nice quality and it pleases many other people not just me. By the way, will this route feature those OB NYCT signals?

I would like to see repeating houses as well. Gives off a more authentic driving experience. However, Jay likes to do things in parts, so that'll probably come in a later release (along with the signals).
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 08:46:31 pm »

I would like to see repeating houses as well. Gives off a more authentic driving experience. However, Jay likes to do things in parts, so that'll probably come in a later release (along with the signals).
I think you misunderstood what I said. I said variety for example a burger king on one block then a starbucks on the next etc. and not just a burger king everywhere

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Status of Routes as of July 2011
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 03:17:19 am »
Nelson3001 is right...it SHOULD have variety in the buildings, since there is always a lot of different buildings on the side of the elevated track in real life.

Can't wait for the release of that (D) Line BTW  ;D
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline Simon

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 02:35:21 pm »
I think you misunderstood what I said. I said variety for example a burger king on one block then a starbucks on the next etc. and not just a burger king everywhere

Yeah my fault. And the buildings should reflect on its real life counterparts too. If there's a series of projects (ie. Bay50th), then I would expect to see projects and not brownhouses. If there's a gas station, then there should be some sort of gas station there. Same goes with McDonalds ect. I'm not expecting you to go out and literally take unique textures for every block along the el (or Google Maps Street View), but it should resemble what goes on in surrounding areas. Also, it would also be nice to see some very small things too, such as tombstones in cemeteries (so it doesn't look like one big park), and maybe highway signs (like what is featured on the (7) ext). It's those little things that make a difference.

Another thing is backdrops. Along the Bronx Els, you can clearly see that there are hills surrounding the els. It would be nice to see those hills. Plus, it wouldn't be very hard to do because all it would require is an internet connection and Google Maps Street View (after you get permission of course).

Major major infrastructures as well, such as the Ferris Wheel (as was included on the (F)) in Coney Island and the Queensboro Bridge, Yankee Stadium on the (4), and subway yards as well (I already know E180 is going to be a b to do) along with other things.

I understand that this may require some extra work, but it really does make that big of a difference.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2011, 04:09:21 pm »
not to sound like a douche, but gas stations and mc donalds are just taking it a bit too far, I'm all for the visual experience of the route and stuff but I can't spend like 3 weeks on a single gas station object that I'll only use like once. If anybody else wants to take the leap and try then go for it, you'll do all of us developers a huge favor.

And I've already started implementing random houses. My hand is back to normal so I'll get back to pushing out a 8 BETA so you can see how it's done.

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2011, 07:28:03 pm »
not to sound like a douche, but gas stations and mc donalds are just taking it a bit too far, I'm all for the visual experience of the route and stuff but I can't spend like 3 weeks on a single gas station object that I'll only use like once. If anybody else wants to take the leap and try then go for it, you'll do all of us developers a huge favor.

And I've already started implementing random houses. My hand is back to normal so I'll get back to pushing out a 8 BETA so you can see how it's done.
I didn't mean things that complicated but a gas station is a good idea and someone should make it. It can be reskinable to the different brands of gas.
By the way, i just had this great idea, one or maybe two developers should concentrate on making TJay quality objects (lol what else can i call them) and TJay should concentrate 100% on object making if he wants to(i'm not forcing anyone to do anything, i'm just speaking hypothethically).
Last thing I have to say, I have a great picture of a track. It's two rails(including third) in gravel. Inbox me anybody who knows how to convert it into in-game rails
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:31:08 pm by nelson3001 »

Offline Simon

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2011, 10:03:23 pm »
I'm not saying that you should make a unique object for every single McDonalds or gas station you see, use one and recycle it. The same McDonalds featured on the (Y) could be used on the (7) and on the (N) as well as every other route that features a McDonalds somewhere along its run.

You should have maybe one or two default project blocks, brownhouse blocks, business store blocks, ect., but alternate and recycle them. Their placement should be prototypical too. In an area where predominantly tall apartment buildings remain, there shouldn't be small brownhouses. That kind of thing. Plus, they should utilize HD textures.

Plus, instead of stretching the blocks one block from the east and west side of the el, it should be two, or there should be some sort of more realistic backdrop. Don't know if this hurts frames, but it would definitely make a difference.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2011, 12:00:58 am »

I highly recommended that you obtain these files with caution. I think some of this content is owned by Trevor Logan and he doesn't lime when his work is shared (don't ask me why) so be cautious.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2011, 07:46:28 am »
I highly recommended that you obtain these files with caution. I think some of this content is owned by Trevor Logan and he doesn't lime when his work is shared (don't ask me why) so be cautious.
I have a lot more stored on another hard drive.(R-29 and his R-160)