BVEStation

Author Topic: After Much Experimenting, I Present My Personal F40PH-4ACe V1.0 Test Bed....  (Read 16972 times)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel

I probably know the answer to this question, but where did you get the object file for this?

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
Just wondering, what program are you using to edit the audio files?
if you mean the way openBVE plays the audio files while the train runs, there was program for editing openBVE trains on trainsimframework's website for download, but that site is now unavailable. If anyone wants it, I may be able to get it on this site if the mods deem it appropriate.

Keep in mind however, that you can't just use that one program to perform modifications such as this one. It involves knowing which files to transplant, which ones to delete, how to handle a sound.cfg file, and which values are needed, and also how to manually change the motor/electric brake sound commands directly from the train.dat file.

EDIT: Although the main site has closed, the archived version is still up and easily navigatible, despite the fact that none of the downloads have been archived:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090626235359/http://openbve.trainsimcentral.co.uk/develop/index.html
I'm just talking about the audio files not the configuration
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Just wondering, what program are you using to edit the audio files?
if you mean the way openBVE plays the audio files while the train runs, there was program for editing openBVE trains on trainsimframework's website for download, but that site is now unavailable. If anyone wants it, I may be able to get it on this site if the mods deem it appropriate.

Keep in mind however, that you can't just use that one program to perform modifications such as this one. It involves knowing which files to transplant, which ones to delete, how to handle a sound.cfg file, and which values are needed, and also how to manually change the motor/electric brake sound commands directly from the train.dat file.

EDIT: Although the main site has closed, the archived version is still up and easily navigatible, despite the fact that none of the downloads have been archived:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090626235359/http://openbve.trainsimcentral.co.uk/develop/index.html
I'm just talking about the audio files not the configuration
Well, if you're just talking about capturing and modifying the files themselves, then I tend to use Audacity. It isn't the top tier program, but it works for my purposes.

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
I agree  ;) :D

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Here's another clip, but this time, with bi-level cars I found in my Holland objects folder:
OpenBVE Exclusive: F40PH-4ACe With 7 Bi-Level Cars

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Nice. Those are some pretty good sounds. It reminds me a little bit of Railworks
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Here's version 1.5 (panel swap). There are two panels here, so you tell me which one you think is better: first one? or second one?
OpenBVE Exclusive: F40PH-4ACe V1.5 (Panel Update Survey)

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
The second one
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
So on my long Amtrak ride across country, I was able to do a decent amount of train developing, including updating the F40PH-4ACe. It is now in version 2.0, and basically complete with an EMD 710G3B repower and AC traction from the PL42AC, and including new features as seen in nyctrman's screenshots earlier in this thread: animated trucks and wheels (don't pivot though), working headlights, a roof mounted airchime, and couplers. Anyone who wishes to use this train will have to PM me and I will see if I can send them the files after I draft up a new credits section in the readme file. All materials used are open sourced, and non-copyrighted. Enjoy =)
OpenBVE Exclusive: Amtrak F40PH-4ACe V2.0 with 12 Vintage Amtrak Cars (Read Description)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile

Offline r160bve

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: After Much Experimenting, I Present My Personal F40PH-4ACe V1.0 Test Bed....
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 03:03:13 pm »
Nice train fanrailer, btw, do u plan on getting the new run 8 train simulator? I was wondering if I should get it myself...
Check out my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/csx8851

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
Re: After Much Experimenting, I Present My Personal F40PH-4ACe V1.0 Test Bed....
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 10:36:57 pm »
Nice train fanrailer, btw, do u plan on getting the new run 8 train simulator? I was wondering if I should get it myself...
I'm thinking of getting MSTS first and start off with that. Now that I have some cash to burn, it's about time to upgrade a little lol.