BVEStation

Author Topic: The D Line has been released!  (Read 37430 times)

Offline Kriston Lewis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: The D Line has been released!
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2011, 09:30:22 pm »
Stations
I noticed that at stations where the platform is on the train's left, the doors on the train's right side opened. I'm sure a conductor would get written up for opening the doors on the wrong side once, but doing it ten times (at 205, BPB, KB, Fordham, Tremont, 145th, RockCenter, 9th Av, 62nd St, Bay Pkwy)… well, if it happened on a real D train and it didn't make the news, I would be surprised. There is a fix for this, which I will explain below.

I also noticed that at places where the signal at the departing end of the station is an automatic or other single-headed signal, the signal shows red as the train approaches, but turns green as the train approaches the stopping point. I've seen this bug on many of the other BVE routes depicting the subway system, and there is a fix, which I will also explain.

The fix for these two issues. It all has to do with the Track.sta command.

Signalling
Finally, I start with a bit of a story. After crossing the Manhattan Bridge and passing DeKalb, I approach Pacific Street, and to my surprise, I see the train in front of me, with two signals behind it: the one immediately behind showing red, and the one behind that showing yellow. I hit the brakes, waited for the train to go well ahead of me, then proceeded into the station.

This leads me to pose a question: Is there anyone working on the Track.Section + Track.SigF method of placing signals? Because that would be really nice, especially when you consider repeater signals. What's cool about Track.Section is that you can make it so that there can be two blocks of red behind a train.
Code: [Select]
with track
1435,.section 0;0;2;4,.sigF 3;0;-3;-1

SIGNED. I understand the older routes were coded for BVE 2, so block spacing and opening doors on the wrong side could be forgiven in those situations. But the newer routes have less of an excuse. It's a giant pain to suddenly meet the end of another train. It's at the point where before opening up any route for the first time, I look over the code and modify it as quoted. It's only a few minutes of simple coding and before anyone decides to have a hissy fit and says "do it yourself", I do.

And I shouldn't have to, because I'm not a developer. If we can code the massive Stillwell Avenue shed or Smith-Ninth Street, then we can certainly make sure that the doors don't open on the wrong side.

As far as signalling goes, you might be interested in this signal pack. (http://forums.bvestation.com/index.php?topic=730.msg7798)

Offline Bebo

• New Recruit
  • Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2011, 12:30:51 am »
Ayo word is bond ya get this for free yet ya bitching excuse my french but if u know how to make a route ya self just fix it up smh n this is only a beta ya slow or something

Offline Kriston Lewis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2011, 01:30:27 am »
Ayo word is bond ya get this for free yet ya bitching excuse my french but if u know how to make a route ya self just fix it up smh n this is only a beta ya slow or something
I could give two fucks what you or any other person thinks. The complaint department is located on my black ass. If it meant getting good shit in return, then sure, I'd happily drop some dollars.

Offline Bebo

• New Recruit
  • Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2011, 02:26:03 am »
check this out home boy then take yo a** the trainz or tml then idk if u notice but people got lives y don't u try to fix the route your self  then on till then shut yo a** up  n do u know what the definition of beta is i don't think u do

Offline Kriston Lewis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2011, 03:08:32 am »
y don't u try to fix the route your self

It's only a few minutes of simple coding and before anyone decides to have a hissy fit and says "do it yourself", I do.

Offline Bebo

• New Recruit
  • Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2011, 03:10:26 am »
then y complain home boy learn ya words it did say beta smh

Offline ARome

• Operator
  • One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2011, 03:14:13 am »
y don't u try to fix the route your self

It's only a few minutes of simple coding and before anyone decides to have a hissy fit and says "do it yourself", I do.

smh... know the deffinition of beta like bebo said... Be greatful this stuff is free

Offline Kriston Lewis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2011, 03:16:08 am »
I never said anything specifically about the (D). I said it was a problem with many routes. I know what a beta is. That has shit to do with this discussion. If I haven't made it clear enough, I'll say it now: I. Dickrides. Nobody.

If there's a problem, I'm expressing it. If there's praise to be given, I'll give it. Don't like it? I've told you where my complaint department was.

Offline Bebo

• New Recruit
  • Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2011, 03:19:46 am »
o iight pimping but u do know this is about the D  and aint no one D**CK Riding

Offline Kriston Lewis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2011, 03:36:02 am »
o iight pimping but u do know this is about the D
Sometimes topics drift. It happens on SubChat. It happens on NYCTF. It's normal.

and aint no one D**CK Riding
It looked that way. The developer can defend themselves, you and the other guy made it seem like you were groupies or something.

Offline Bebo

• New Recruit
  • Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2011, 03:51:22 am »
not at all homeboy just people need to stop the bashing about routes if people aint release something ya self ya feel me so aint neva the type

Offline Kriston Lewis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2011, 04:04:50 am »
not at all homeboy just people need to stop the bashing about routes if people aint release something ya self ya feel me so aint neva the type
The problem is that anything negative, no matter how legitimate it may be is taken as bashing or "hating". There's a difference between inane bashing (like the person who was angry that there wasn't a McDonalds or a Sunoco along a line) and a legitimate complaint (the block distances are off, I keep running up on trains). If you put something out there, you become open for criticism. What's important is how you deal with it: case in point, that's why no one around here likes Michelle because she has problems handling criticism and lashes out at the end user.

I don't want this community to end like like the many others who've decided to take their toys and go home because of some immature conflict.

Offline Bebo

• New Recruit
  • Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2011, 04:20:44 am »
u got that wright but it was mentioned on the first few pages wat need to be fixed and this is not the final product thats what im saying

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2011, 11:52:59 am »
What R36 posted was Constructive Criticism. Plus, it's better to give Jay a FULL LIST of inaccuracies, so when he does release the next version, it'll be top notch. Keep doing your thing 36, cause you pointed out some things I didn't even get and that's pretty rare  ;), and that is what makes a route enjoyable, considering the good and the bad and fixing them.

Now here comes my part:

1. The static trains are nice, but what would make them more visually appealing is if they actually featured A car B cars like IND Valley Stream on the (E) and (Z) extension. Right now, we have a full consist of A car trains. Like what 36 pointed before, more accurate equipment would be nice as well.

2. Something minor, that should or should not be improved: Tjay's el tracks featured on the NYCTpack are more detailed than the el tracks found on the (D). If the adaptation of these tracks were to make the route more frame friendly, then it's all good, but if it wasn't, then it would be nice to have slightly better looking objects in the route. This is merely a cosmetic feature, so I would understand if this was ignored.

3. R36's signalling poses great advantages and gives us a better run. I can't remember how many times I've crashed into a train because the signals aren't coded with two reds instead of the one. MTA sets it up like that, and it would be nice to see this on ALL routes not just the (D).

4. The doors opening/closing on either side is an easy fix. I've did it with mine already. However, what else would be nice is if we had the track accuracy commands. I set it equal to 3.7 so there's sway, but not too much, so it feels like we're running on NYCTA tracks, not smooth Amtrak. The brightness commands would also be an advantage. I've already set it up on the (D), but to other people who are more concerned with 'click and play' they might not enjoy messing in the .csv files.

5. Get rid of .rw. This is purely up to the developers, but .rw files are slower than .csv, and considering that this is a VERY HIGHLY DETAILED route with the majority of people running it on openBVE which renders .csv more easily, routes should be in .csv. Only a small percentage of people run the (D) or any route of its class, on BVE2.

6. I understand that this will be included in the final versions, but most stations are missing station exits. If you need data, I'll be glad to give you approximate locations of exits along CPW and 6th avenue as well as the Bronx. Give me a list, and I'll fill in the rest.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline amtrak7

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2011, 07:28:05 pm »
The announcements at 7 Av and 47-50 Sts both say "the next stop is 7 Av-53rd St."