BVEStation

Author Topic: What trains are being planned this year?  (Read 11942 times)

Offline dj123w1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
What trains are being planned this year?
« on: January 02, 2016, 04:28:22 pm »
Some of the lines currently offered are either old or incorrect. Some of them are also incomplete and a little glitchy. Do you guys have any plans to develop and release any lines this year? I am anticipating these lines:

(1) to 242 St and Whitehall St (Using current route and train)

(2) to 241 St and Brooklyn College/New Lots Av, (New Lots Av *Special Rush-Hour service)

(3) to New Lots Av and 148 St,

(4) to Woodlawn and Utica Av/New Lots Av, (New Lots Av *Special Rush-Hour service and Midnight Local; Using current route and train)

(5) Dyre Av/ Burnside Av and Brooklyn College/New Lots Av/Bowling Green (New Lots Av/Bowling Green *Special Rush-Hour service and Weekend Service)

(6)<6> to Parkchester/Pelham Bay Park,

(7)<7> to Time Square-42 St/Grand Central-42 St and Main St (Current route pre-expansion to New Jersey; Using current route and train)

(M) to Metropolitan Av and 71 Av (Current route on 6 Av)

(L) to 8 Av and Rockaway Parkway (Current route on 14 St-Canarsie)

(S) Franklin Avenue NB/SB,

(T) to Hanover Sq and 125 St (Upcoming Route or Planned Route)

(E)<E> to World Trade Center and Jamaica Center (Current route on 8 Av *Rush hour and Midnight; Using current train )

(A) to Mott Av and 207 St (Current route on 8 Av *Midnight Local and minor correction on Jay Street and Broadway Junction)

(C) to 168 St (*minor correction on Jay Street and Broadway Junction)

If you are planning to:

(Airtrain) (using current train and with announcements)

I mean not to be pushy or rude, if this list may seem so. I just hope that these routes become possible. I can help you guys on the current route planning and updating, since they continuously change all of the time. I just hope that these routes can be achieved this year, because these are some of my most favourite routes and I would love to drive them. Please if you can, include night services, weekend services, and rush hour services if it is OK and possible. Thanks for keeping this really great and entertaining game.

Offline SubwayEngineer12

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: What trains are being planned this year?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 04:53:06 pm »
I didn't want to be the technical one, but you not list not one train here. You listed subway lines. The title is misleading

Offline Ty

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 05:16:54 pm »
Most of these things are being made, but with actions like this, no routes will be released out to the public.

Offline bvefan

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 10:05:58 pm »
Trains or not, a few routes listed here like the 7, 5, 4 , etc have been started. Most content for almost a year have been posted on the BVEStation and Openbveconnect Facebook pages. I know it's a hassle but Facebook right now is what's used to show the latest content which is why routes like the 6 and R seem to randomly get release without notice on here

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 09:31:15 am »
Perciscly,nearly all of these has been started.

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 10:43:21 am »
It is not happening because I canceled the project. As I said NEARLY everything has been started/planned but not everything there

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
  • FAA Licensed Student Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 10:46:38 am »
Almost all of these are being made... developers are cautious and like to take their time with their projects, especially given the poor reception of every recent beta release. Anticipate these in the future, but all of these routes in the next 12 months is DEFINITELY not going to happen.

Check out my YouTube channel by clicking the picture above!

Offline BVERailer

• Operator
  • Your average railfan, I guess..
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 10:58:13 am »
I am waiting for lots of things in openBVE, but I know that developers have lives outside of technology. They have families, friends, etc. We all have to wait for some things. But there are plenty routes to play with as of now.
I am BVERailer. I love to play openBVE and other simulation games. Please check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxp-G9E0TqfwJJQUQHiuZYw

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 11:36:25 am »
Mhm

Offline BVERailer

• Operator
  • Your average railfan, I guess..
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 01:46:40 pm »
Mhm
If it wasn't for you Sim, I'd be annoying as can be. But you helped me not be annoying. Thanks, by the way. :)
I am BVERailer. I love to play openBVE and other simulation games. Please check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxp-G9E0TqfwJJQUQHiuZYw

Offline dj123w1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 02:40:35 pm »
I didn't want to be the technical one, but you not list not one train here. You listed subway lines. The title is misleading

Well, I am not a technical person, and of course not perfect. I meant train routes, if that is any more clear for you. I am pretty sure all of the trains that currently exist and are on the railways and yards now, are currently in use in this simulation, so that is why I did not request it, but thanks for your help.

Offline dj123w1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 02:49:08 pm »
I am waiting for lots of things in openBVE, but I know that developers have lives outside of technology. They have families, friends, etc. We all have to wait for some things. But there are plenty routes to play with as of now.

Well I am awfully quite aware of that, seeing I have those too. It is nice however to dream, and ask, and make suggestions. It is good to ask questions. But, thanks for the advice.

Offline dj123w1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 02:54:32 pm »
Almost all of these are being made... developers are cautious and like to take their time with their projects, especially given the poor reception of every recent beta release. Anticipate these in the future, but all of these routes in the next 12 months is DEFINITELY not going to happen.

Well I appreciate the careful detail you guys put into the route, but still I can ask a question, and I can anticipate and have a lot of patience. It my not take such little time as a whole YEAR to finish at least 2 projects, but I can try and wait, and that I will do. Thanks for your help.

Offline dj123w1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 03:08:23 pm »
If it seems that you guys get poor reception for every beta release of a train route, you guys should advertise it. Go to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, whatever is available out there to reach your fans. I do follow you guys and I barely see any updates posted at a time. On Twitter on your home site wee the plugin is, the last post it shows is from April in 2014. If you want a crowd, then you guys should advertise. I would advise that you guys make one YouTube channel, instead of having separate accounts, and post updates of train routes, and use Google Groups and Google+ to advertise, make a Facebook page, or otherwise. I was thinking tat you guys should try to purchase (if you can) the original OpenBVE URL, so that people can reach you better, and migrate, so that people don't get confused, like I did when I first downloaded the game. You guys should make a site, where there is a search function for easy access, and better login functions as well, because I can never find anything on the current site and it won't let me login (it says there is an error). You guys should post tutorials and such. I was going to purchase the original URL, but I figure that is more up to you guys. You guys are doing a superb job at keeping up a defunct game, but you guys should at least do better. That is just my opinion, because I am still confused on how to use this game, and me living in New York City, I know a lot of people would love to play a game as such as this one. They love the subways, and the buses.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 05:44:36 pm »
May as well jump in here..

Here's the deal, almost all of these routes are being worked on. Just keep in mind that we don't get paid to develop things, and life gets in the way of developing.

Rest assured that sustained development work is ongoing on openBVE routes and trains. Also, I would NOT characterize openBVE as "defunct". There is ongoing development of the simulator happening right now: http://bveworldwide.unlimitedboard.com/t1229p285-new-openbve-build-testers-please

Somebody brought up a point that BVEStation doesn't use social media enough, this is true. I'm going to work on improving our social media presence.

Proof that development is ongoing :D  :