BVEStation

Author Topic: Will Train Simulator Update Automatically?  (Read 7662 times)

Offline BVERailer

• Operator
  • Your average railfan, I guess..
    • View Profile
Will Train Simulator Update Automatically?
« on: December 05, 2015, 10:30:01 am »
Hello BVEStation! I have a quick question. I bought TS2016. I was wondering if the updates are free, like TS2016 to TS2017. Here is an example in case you don't get it: I have TS2016. TS2017 comes out. Will it be free or will I have to pay for the update? Thanks! Also, Happy Holidays!
I am BVERailer. I love to play openBVE and other simulation games. Please check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxp-G9E0TqfwJJQUQHiuZYw

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
Re: Will Train Simulator Update Automatically?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 04:22:21 pm »
It depends on what type of update they are planning to make to the game. In the past, it was a full free upgrade (12 to 13, 13 to 14, 14 to 15), but for 15 to 16, they made users pay for the full upgrade, while users who didn't pay received a partial update.

Offline BVERailer

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 05:03:39 pm »
It depends on what type of update they are planning to make to the game. In the past, it was a full free upgrade (12 to 13, 13 to 14, 14 to 15), but for 15 to 16, they made users pay for the full upgrade, while users who didn't pay received a partial update.
Wow. They have to pay for an update? Honestly, that's sad. All everyone cares about is money, money, money.
I am BVERailer. I love to play openBVE and other simulation games. Please check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxp-G9E0TqfwJJQUQHiuZYw

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 07:21:49 pm »
its for profit. How else will they get money if they dont sell stuff?

Offline BVERailer

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 07:55:45 pm »
its for profit. How else will they get money if they dont sell stuff?
Yeah, but the price is already crazy. Look at Minecraft, for example. The game is over 20 dollars, and the still give you free updates. Same with all other apps on the app store. People only want money.

Offline mrsam127

• Global Moderator
  • Operator
  • FAA Licensed Student Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 06:53:47 am »
As Fan Railer said, the upgrade to TS2016 was free, but the HQ upgrade was paid. The paid upgrade also gives monthly content for FREE, so you can see why they need to profit at least a little bit... it isn't easy to create high quality content for such a simulator.

Check out my YouTube channel by clicking the picture above!

Offline BVERailer

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 03:45:42 pm »
As Fan Railer said, the upgrade to TS2016 was free, but the HQ upgrade was paid. The paid upgrade also gives monthly content for FREE, so you can see why they need to profit at least a little bit... it isn't easy to create high quality content for such a simulator.
Good point. I sent u a pm, please read it. :)