BVEStation

Author Topic: Fictional IRT Crosstown (S) Shuttle to Parkchester  (Read 18531 times)

Ztraintobroad

Fictional IRT Crosstown (S) Shuttle to Parkchester
« on: April 08, 2015, 01:04:36 pm »
Hello all, and welcome to the Crosstown (S) Shuttle Development thread!

This route will include transfers to the existing (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(B) and (D) lines.
This route will include Yard Moves, Tutorials, etc.

This route will run from 138 Street to Parkchester, and there is a special (W) express route that stops only at local stations. 138 Street isnt the last stop for this route, it was originally suppose to be 34 Street - Jatvis Center, but that stop and the rest will come later in v2.0. This route will feature announcements, and will be 7 Generation to 9th Generation.

Screenies will come soon!

Ztraintobroad

Re: Fictional IRT Crosstown (S) Shuttle to Parkchester
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 09:39:33 am »
Alright, the stops for this route are listed below,

34 Street - Jatvis Center Coming in version 2.0 as a expansion.
53 Street Coming in version 2.0 as a expansion.
66th Street - Lincoln Center Coming in version 2.0 as a expansion.
79 Street Coming in version 2.0 as a expansion.
91 Street *Rush Hours Only* Coming in version 2.0 as a expansion.
96 Street Coming in version 2.0 as a expansion.
116 Street - Columbia University Coming in version 2.0 as a expansion.
125 Street Coming in version 2.0 as a expansion.
137 Street Yard (Only if you select the Yard Move Sceniro)
138 Street, Transfer is available to the (1)
145 Street, Transfer is available to the (A)(B)(C)(D)
Harlem - 148 Street, Transfer Is Available to the (3)
Leaving Manhattan, Entering the Bronx
161 Street - Yankee Stadium, Transfer is available to the (4)(B)(D)
167 Street
East 169 Street
West Farms Square, East Tremont Ave
East 180 Street, Transfer is available to the (2) and (5)
White Plains Road
Parkchester, Last Stop, Transfer is available to the (6) train.

Some screenies:

169 Street Structure:

137 Street Support Beam:

137 Street Yard Storage Depot:

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 10:34:47 am »
Nice

Offline OIG119

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 11:13:13 pm »
This here sounds interesting. I would like to see more continued development of  this route.
No wonder that ant gets around so fast! He has his own subway.
Don't forget to check out the OIG119 YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1UnU6-GCUndgV3kO-cOkjg

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 08:58:28 am »
Thank you for your kind words, this encourages me to keep moving.

This was the original 145 Street Platform, but I had to scrap the idea because to many bugs were occurring.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 12:02:30 pm »
169 Street Station Wall Tiles:

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 02:11:28 am »
Thank you for your kind words, this encourages me to keep moving.

This was the original 145 Street Platform, but I had to scrap the idea because to many bugs were occurring.

This route sounds very interesting. On the idea of the platform for 145th street, the amount of bugs that occur may be on account of the correct coding, but OpenBVE doesn't accept it. Sometimes just open the message dialog using F9 and read it (yes I read it too) to understand the problem. Some are simple problems (vertices don't add up to the number of face commands) and others may be too complex for you to solve (I run into those type of problems also). Before tossing the idea altogether, try to look at the problems to see if you can edit it to get rid of the bugs.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 06:35:55 am »
Thank for the tip on the F9 trick, but it's because I wanted to create my own objects for the route and add more detail to it. And also it wouldn't make sense to have 145 Street as one platform if it has a connection to other lines.

I don't think I've told any of you guys on where I am exactly working on the route, but 137 Street Yard is about 57% complete.

Offline BeeRyDavis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 09:27:54 am »
Since your shuttle is also going to Parkchester do you want to have it connect with my fictional 3rd Ave Line there? My 12 train stops at Parkchester and I can make the announcement to also transfer to your shuttle at that station. Where on E 169th does your shuttle stop because my 8 stops there but on Prospect before curving onto Boston Rd. and entering the Claremont Pkwy station. Only if you want to have them connect. Just throwing a thought your way. Otherwise nice work

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 09:58:40 pm »
Yes, of course! I would love our routes to merge! The station the (S) stops at 169 Street is Third Ave & E. 169 Street.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 09:40:06 am »
I am still debating on whether or not to include the (W) rush hour service for the (S) since I have the express track already installed on the skeleton of the route, so It may be included in v.2.

Since the (S) uses elevated tracks and stations from past discontinued routes, I may include a 1967 (S) route with old platforms, beams and stuff like that.   

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 09:04:16 am »
This is a weird problem that keeps happening on the (S) route.
The ground keeps glitching like crazy in the Yard, and i don't know what's exactly causing in. The same thing happened back in the beta, but I though I fixed it. Any ideas?

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 12:54:07 pm »
How bout we bump this route up to have 3D people, shall we?

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 02:54:02 pm »
This is a weird problem that keeps happening on the (S) route.
The ground keeps glitching like crazy in the Yard, and i don't know what's exactly causing in. The same thing happened back in the beta, but I though I fixed it. Any ideas?

If you have used too many objects in one area, the overlapping of the objects causes the "glitching". For example, if you used one type of rail and added a newer generation rail without changing the code for the older one in the route, OpenBVE displays 2 rails in the same area.

Ztraintobroad

NEWS FOR THE (S): 12% Complete
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 10:22:23 am »
Ah, thank you so much for that. I found out the problem was that my Yard Tracks kept glitching with the Rock Objects, so I have to re-fix this problem in the yard.

Some News:
Progress on the route has improved, the skeleton is nearly done and right now I'm working on 138 Street Station while still trying to fix and add some things in the Yard. As a addition to the current route files, I'm going WOS 4 style and adding 3 tutorial routes that shows you how to drive the train, where to stop, etc.

Being inspired by the recent (6) route, I am adding a a Parkchester Loop Station, based off the City Hall Loop Station on the (6).

The route will feature 3D People, animated trains,and high level of detail.

This route will feature ton of old remains (for the people who like abandoned stuff) from the original 9th Ave Elevated, 3rd Ave Elevated, etc.

That's it for now, and please keep giving me your opinions or thoughts on this route, so I can make this route the best. Your ideas are what encourages me to keep moving.

That's all for now, -Z.