BVEStation

Author Topic: openbve mac route exe files  (Read 4736 times)

Offline Train man

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
openbve mac route exe files
« on: October 11, 2012, 08:46:01 pm »
hi guys. i have a macbook pro 13 inch and there are some routes on the downloads page that are only in the EXE format. having a mac, i cannot open them and there are some routes that i really want to run. any suggestions? i already know about boot camp, so please dont suggest it, unless its the only way. i also know about the dependencies tab. thanks

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
Re: openbve mac route exe files
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 08:52:34 pm »
Boot Camp is far from what you need.

You need to use Wine to unarchive the file. I am not sure where it will save for you, because I have pre-installed directories.

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

Then you are going to want to go to Applications>OpenBVE>Show Package Contents>Contents>Resources>UserData>Legacy Content>Railway>Route

And then you place the file of the Route there. I strongly recommend that you also create an Object folder and a Sound folder.

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 09:24:19 pm »
since some if not most of the files for the routes are 7-zip, use the Win-rar achive. once u r the only user, it should have no problem extracting to thefolders that u use 4 openbve.

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 10:22:59 pm »
At first I really hated the 7z files, but they are a lot easier to open, once you download a 7z unarchiver. I hope all content gets put in 7z from now on.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 12:28:20 am »
You can request a file to be reuploaded in a 7zip format.  Let us know and we'll get it up as a 7zip.  You can then use UnRarX or Keka to unzip the file.
BVEStation.

Offline Threxx1

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 12:10:43 pm »
You can use The Unarchiver (an application) for many .exe files. It will unzip them to a folder.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/the-unarchiver/id425424353?mt=12&ls=1 It's free too!