BVEStation

Author Topic: Coming to NYC for Christmas  (Read 7484 times)

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Coming to NYC for Christmas
« on: November 11, 2014, 10:16:01 pm »
Hey guys. There is a chance I may get to visit my sister in NYC for Christmas this year, and I will be very eager to busfan and railfan the equipment you guys have over there. Since I barely track your guys' transit system there anymore, I have a few dumb questions that I would appreciate greatly if they were answered for me:

1. Are there any Orion V buses remaining in service (Diesel or CNG)? If so, which location would one of you guys recommend as the best place to catch one?
2. In which area(s) are your Nova RTS's most prominent? Also are there any "black back" RTS's remaining in service? If so, where would I be able to catch one?
3. How many R62A's remain active on the (7) Line that have not yet been replaced by R188's? And that being said, where did the replaced R62A's go? Are there any cars of the R62/A family possible to be found on unusual routes (i.e. (2), (4), (5), (6))?
4. Which bus route(s) would I be able to find a Proterra electric bus on (if they are even in service/will be in service come December)?
5. I know the R32 cars are still prominent on the (C) Line, but are the R42 cars still a regular sight on the (J)/(Z) line, or have they all been withdrawn from service now?
6. Any Christmas specials (bus or subway) that I should be aware of? I know there's the historical buses on the M42 but does it go beyond that?

Thanks!
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline BeeRyDavis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Coming to NYC for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 10:51:02 pm »
There are a few R42's still on the J/Z line but it's been a rare sight now since it seems like the R32's taken from the C are still being operated along the Nassau Line. Don't know about the other stuff but the R62A's that were taken from the 7 line were put into service on the Pelham 6 line. From what I've seen most are full 10 car R62A's while there is one full 10 car R62 and one mixed set of train cars (5 car set of R62A's and 5 car set of R62's coupled together) You might also be able to catch a  few R160's on the R line. I think the F and R swapped trains since I'm seeing a lot more R46's on the F.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:53:53 pm by BeeRyDavis »

Offline Train man

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 11:24:21 pm »
I didn't think that the R62 and R62a could run together... I take the 6 everyday and haven't seen R62s there.

On another note, I'm pretty sure the R1/9 train runs every weekend during December. Not sure if it's Saturday or Sunday though.

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 11:35:07 pm »
Thanks for the info guys! I really appreciate it. I will be sure to keep an eye out for all those things on my visit.
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline Ramirez1523

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 03:31:33 pm »
I have a kinda related question to this discussion

What exactly is the fleet on the 7?

I have personally rode R62a's, an R142, and R188's  all within the last week.....does corona yard have any R142a's?

Offline SubwayEngineer12

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 04:11:34 pm »
They have 188s

Offline SubwayEngineer12

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 04:13:33 pm »
As for the Orion V's, I know you can catch them in Downtown Brooklyn on the 38, 57, and/or 62

Offline PelhamLocal

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 07:49:54 pm »
You can also catch some orion v's on the q12 in queens, and 1 or 2 orion v cng's on the NICE bus in nassau county

Offline Train man

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 08:47:06 pm »
I have a kinda related question to this discussion

What exactly is the fleet on the 7?

I have personally rode R62a's, an R142, and R188's  all within the last week.....does corona yard have any R142a's?

They aren't actually R142A's. The 7 fleet consists of R62A's, and R188s, which are a mix of brand new R188s and some converted R142A's, taken from the 6 train.