BVEStation

Author Topic: Official Update Thread For The OpenBVE R142A  (Read 56013 times)

Offline (SIR) North Shore Line

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Official Update Thread For The OpenBVE R142A
« on: January 02, 2011, 07:58:45 pm »
OpenBVE R142A
by error46146 & (SIR) North Shore Line

OpenBVE - NYCT (4) Local Train (Utica Ave to New Lots Ave)

To install the OpenBVE R142A, simply extract the "Train" folder to your BVE directory.

If you would like to alter and/or add these sounds to an entirely new train panel, feel free! If you would like to add these sounds to another existing trainset, do so at your own discretion!

Download link to R142A OpenBVE 2011: (Updated 1/8/2011)
http://www.bvestation.com/downloadinfo.php?id=54

5.0 Update:
-Will be released when either a new R142A panel or exterior is created.

Rate up if you like!  8)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:06:36 pm by (SIR) North Shore Line »

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: Official Update Thread For The R142A/R143 Sounds
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 11:22:39 am »
Nice videos,but this is interesting b\c I remember a while back I downloaded the R143 elsewhere and it sounded different like a messed up Siemens or something not like that.

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:11:49 pm »
I think there was another R143 released years ago at the old NYCTBA forums.

Offline exleader75

• New Recruit
  • Nothing here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 03:47:34 pm »
Nice job making these or finding these files to use on the trains. I compliant you.

However, doesn't this violate BVEStation's rules to not show videos of any modified materials without permission?
Daniel K.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 03:50:55 pm »
Nice job making these or finding these files to use on the trains. I compliant you.

However, doesn't this violate BVEStation's rules to not show videos of any modified materials without permission?
No it doesn't b\c that is the Original Unmodified R-143 in that 1st video he's comparing the sounds from years ago to now.As for the R-142A vid Billy or Error46146 give anyone permission to modify his train.But let him know if you want to release it.
Think of these sound packs as an ADD-ON which is optional to replace original files.

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 04:25:43 pm »

Thanks!

I want to keep this thread on-topic though. If it violated a rule, I wouldn't have posted it!

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 06:09:03 pm »

Thanks!

I want to keep this thread on-topic though. If it violated a rule, I wouldn't have posted it!
I love the startup propulsion, but if I want to get most of the sound I have to apply power gradually... I don't mind though it's a really good package
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 12:16:46 pm »

Thanks!

I love the startup propulsion, but if I want to get most of the sound I have to apply power gradually... I don't mind though it's a really good package

Thanks, it's still a work in progress though and I'll try to improve it even more as time goes on.

The R142A and R160 Siemens both present a bit a challenge because you can either end up with a rather unrealistic and robotic-sounding train or a realistic one but with brief and unwanted skips in the propulsion sounds. Anyone have any ideas how to tackle this OpenBVE limitation?

Offline SevenEleven

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 03:10:15 pm »
That's one incredible heap of realism. Nice stuff!

TTMG Media Crew

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 10:33:49 pm »

Thanks!

Thanks, it's still a work in progress though and I'll try to improve it even more as time goes on.

The R142A and R160 Siemens both present a bit a challenge because you can either end up with a rather unrealistic and robotic-sounding train or a realistic one but with brief and unwanted skips in the propulsion sounds. Anyone have any ideas how to tackle this OpenBVE limitation?
It all comes down to modifying the motor and .dat file for the sounds to properly work. They do a great job of it with the 1996 stock over in london

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 10:35:23 pm »
can u make sure the panel is also in it cause when i load the train it didn't have the cab motormen view.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 10:43:04 pm »
can u make sure the panel is also in it cause when i load the train it didn't have the cab motormen view.
That you must do on your own...
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline SevenEleven

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 11:06:00 pm »

It's a sounds only package, it doesn't come with the train itself.

TTMG Media Crew

• Conductor
    • View Profile
[4.0] Official Update Thread For The R142A/R143 Sounds
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 01:31:13 pm »
Version 4.0 has been released! There should no longer be any skips in the sound.

@ 711, thanks!

@ Rayvon, thanks a lot for the advice! I checked out the LT1996 and realized I wasn't using MOTOR_P2 at all.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:02:45 pm by (SIR) North Shore Line »

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Official Update Thread For The OpenBVE R142A
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 02:01:20 pm »
The OpenBVE R142A has been released! Leave feedback & let me (or error) know if you like it, don't like it, what needs improvements, etc.!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:03:59 pm by (SIR) North Shore Line »