BVEStation

Author Topic: Status of Routes as of November 2016  (Read 116128 times)

Offline ErrorMacro11

• Operator
  • FreeLance Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Status of Routes as of February 2014
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2014, 09:28:51 pm »
It probably could be done but then it would be odd operating the 6 to the loop and then changing ends would be operating the route in reverse(wrong-railing every station).
Theres actually a single track/line route like that. I would suppose as written the 6 will be from Bronx to BB-north platform. Then a N/B version from N/B BB platform to the Bronx instead of looping which will save space.
or make an invisible track that parallels the northbound

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2014, 12:37:29 am »
It probably could be done but then it would be odd operating the 6 to the loop and then changing ends would be operating the route in reverse(wrong-railing every station).
Theres actually a single track/line route like that. I would suppose as written the 6 will be from Bronx to BB-north platform. Then a N/B version from N/B BB platform to the Bronx instead of looping which will save space.
Actually we will build the 6 line as one continuous route starting at Pelham Bay Park, going around the loop, and back up to Pelham Bay Park. However, the line is currently only built up as far as Brooklyn Bridge on the northbound track. We may end up releasing this, and then later go back and finish it back up to Pelham Bay Park to allow us to work on other projects.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2014, 12:56:26 am »
So just to be clear, the (6) that goes only up to Brooklyn Bridge is 70% done, or is the entire continuous route (Pelham to BB back to Pelham) 70% done?

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2014, 01:14:30 am »
So just to be clear, the (6) that goes only up to Brooklyn Bridge is 70% done, or is the entire continuous route (Pelham to BB back to Pelham) 70% done?
The section from Pelham Bay around the loop to Brooklyn Bridge is 70% done. The section from Brooklyn Bridge back up to Pelham Bay doesn't even have track and tunnels laid, let alone detail.

Offline ghosttarin

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2014, 10:58:41 am »
This is awesome to hear I can wait to use it

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2014, 04:25:54 pm »
Thats cool! Personally I would prefer the (6) from Bronx to how it is terminating at the N/B platform of Brooklyn Bridge. I'm against the full looping route PBP to PBP because space the amount of objects but then again it's the developers call on this. Don't get me wrong it would be crazy beyond insane but how well the community's computer handles will be a huge part if the full thing come. But none the less Pelham and Parkchester originating service is gonna be insane!

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2014, 04:44:24 pm »
Thats cool! Personally I would prefer the (6) from Bronx to how it is terminating at the N/B platform of Brooklyn Bridge. I'm against the full looping route PBP to PBP because space the amount of objects but then again it's the developers call on this. Don't get me wrong it would be crazy beyond insane but how well the community's computer handles will be a huge part if the full thing come. But none the less Pelham and Parkchester originating service is gonna be insane!
Looping back up to the Bronx shouldn't be too much of a problem because the same objects used for the southbound part of the route are re-used for the northbound part of the route. There shouldn't be an effect on FPS, the only thing it would do is slightly increase the loading time of the route.

Offline ErrorMacro11

• Operator
  • FreeLance Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2014, 05:41:31 pm »
Looping back up to the Bronx shouldn't be too much of a problem because the same objects used for the southbound part of the route are re-used for the northbound part of the route. There shouldn't be an effect on FPS, the only thing it would do is slightly increase the loading time of the route.
is there going to be an alternate route, where the 6 terminates at the brooklyn bridge layup tracks

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2014, 05:45:23 pm »
is there going to be an alternate route, where the 6 terminates at the brooklyn bridge layup tracks

Well, currently There are 2 versions of the 6 , One via Pelham local via Lex local to Brooklyn Bridge, then around the loop to the Northbound track, and the other via Pelham Express. It shouldn't be too hard to make one that enters the layups, although i rarely see those layups in use.

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2014, 05:52:23 pm »
The section from Pelham Bay around the loop to Brooklyn Bridge is 70% done. The section from Brooklyn Bridge back up to Pelham Bay doesn't even have track and tunnels laid, let alone detail.
Ah, I see. I can't wait for the route to be done then!
Actually we will build the 6 line as one continuous route starting at Pelham Bay Park, going around the loop, and back up to Pelham Bay Park. However, the line is currently only built up as far as Brooklyn Bridge on the northbound track. We may end up releasing this, and then later go back and finish it back up to Pelham Bay Park to allow us to work on other projects.
When the Downtown version is 100% finished, then why not release it? When it is time for the full route to come out, it will be a smaller download since most users would have downloaded needed objects already

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2014, 06:20:23 pm »
Ah, I see. I can't wait for the route to be done then!When the Downtown version is 100% finished, then why not release it? When it is time for the full route to come out, it will be a smaller download since most users would have downloaded needed objects already

That's the plan. We just haven't been actively working on it as DJ Hammers and I are focusing all of our attention onto the Q line. After the Q is out, we'll resume work on the 6.

Offline ghosttarin

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2014, 06:30:03 pm »
This really going to be the most insane route  ever and longer than any other route . with all these features and doing the loop and suff I really impressed

Offline ErrorMacro11

• Operator
  • FreeLance Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2014, 07:25:02 pm »
Well, currently There are 2 versions of the 6 , One via Pelham local via Lex local to Brooklyn Bridge, then around the loop to the Northbound track, and the other via Pelham Express. It shouldn't be too hard to make one that enters the layups, although i rarely see those layups in use.
last time  I remember, they were used in 2001 to hold those <5> trains

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2014, 11:24:52 pm »
Does anybody know (in the future) anything (it seems to have been "left out") as far as the A train being "updated" to current standards/details/etc? The old one out was/is considered "BETA" and a few things look/are..."off" lack of words to put it. I only ask because if the new D line, for example, looks (4th or 5th gen is it?) then the A can share those same high-detailed objects (of course, where the D & A share tracks). The rest of the line would just need its own independent "updating"/detailing (do mind I am only saying updating and not referring to the completion of the 2 Rockaway shuttle extensions; I already read the status about that. I figure "updating" is more "repainting" and not "building", sort of speak). Just thought I'd pitch in this question in case someone has overlooked it. Meanwhile, I'm excited about these routes (particularly the 5 and 2 train, with at least 1 End to End route) coming out! I've been waiting patiently since I've been in HS! (5+years ago haha) I would definitely love to see the 6 loop around. I mean come on, the beauty and history of City Hall cannot just be left away! Right? Hehe  ;D  :D

P.S. Something confusing on here: "Yada Yada of 2014" but Page 1 is stuff from 2011 (example) and after many pages, the only last  2 pages or so are 2014 like in this thread. The info jumps 2011-2012 but mainly stays course on 2011. The pages seem to be okay in chronological order but for those looking into it might get confused reading things about the routes, not noticing the grey, faded earlier 2011 time-stamps and hence outdated information. Maybe have monthly route status posts in their own threads? Just saying, doesn't bother me or anything but may throw off others trying to find the certain/same information (and/or don't catch on that there is a time gap).

Cheers guys! Keep up the greatness!  8)  ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:27:39 pm by ProjectAce »

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2014, 11:28:35 pm »
Look at the bottom of the post. Even though the original post was made in 2011, it has been edited multiple times throughout the years in order to update information. The information you see there is actually the most current route status.