BVEStation

Author Topic: Greetings to all rail enthusiasts!  (Read 10088 times)

Offline ceelboogie1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Greetings to all rail enthusiasts!
« on: October 17, 2012, 02:40:58 pm »
Whats good everyone? I am ceelboogie1 and I am a HUGE enthusiast of the MTA. I am orginally from Crown Heights but have been in all 469 stations (yes Dean Street included) and can't wait for the new ones to be complete in the near future. If you want, I may have some fresh ideas for the Jamaica Line that might enhance its ridership and make it a major player in the system.
ceelboogie1- crown heights 24/7/366

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings to all rail enthusiasts!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 03:54:17 pm »
im new here 2 so why dont u say umm type them out. all for ur ideas would help us to create better, exciting, and awesome routes for u 2 run on openbve.

Offline ceelboogie1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 09:23:21 am »
For starters, lets take a page out the IND book with the Fulton Street Line and make the Jamaica Line, a 4 track cut and cover line under Broadway and Jamaica Ave with express stops at Bedford Ave, Marcy Ave, Myrtle Ave, Broadway Junction, eliminate the S-curve between Crescent St and Cypress Hills and combine those two stations as Cypress Hills-Crescent St and make it an express stop, Make Woodhaven Blvd and 121 St express stops and extending line past the Jamaica Center to Laurelton

Offline ceelboogie1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 09:33:40 am »
The reason I feel so passionate about that is because I feel that would made the J and Z lines similar to what the A and C has created in Brooklyn and Queens despite the fact the C hasnt ran in Queens in almost 25 years. I truly think it will make the Z more accessible as a local the J would arrive as a major line and it would create another option for riders on the Southside of Queens to get to Manhattan.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 12:35:11 pm »
Welcome to BVEStation ceelboogie1 and bigbellymon4! Enjoy your stay  ;)
BVEStation.

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 03:43:35 pm »
Welcome to BVEStation ceelboogie1 and bigbellymon4! Enjoy your stay  ;)
The reason I feel so passionate about that is because I feel that would made the J and Z lines similar to what the A and C has created in Brooklyn and Queens despite the fact the C hasnt ran in Queens in almost 25 years. I truly think it will make the Z more accessible as a local the J would arrive as a major line and it would create another option for riders on the Southside of Queens to get to Manhattan.

thank you ipac and to ceelboogie1, the Jamaica line was part of the bushwick trunk line that was planned by either the IND in the 1920s and 30s but because of the stock market crash which created the great depression, part of the six track massive station at union and south 5 was built.

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 04:01:17 pm »
check out this guys website he got all of what u need 2 expand the mta`s rails.
http://www.vanshnookenraggen.com/_index/2010/01/the-futurenycsubway-introduction/
on the website u can surf through all of his proposals. the page im giving u is the the introduction page. once u go 2 the bottom of his article, u can look through his other expansion plans. most of the pictures are all downloadable if u want 2 view them at another time. if u want 2 u can comment on the articles.

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 07:25:56 pm »
A warm welcome to you both to the BVEStation Boards.

Offline ceelboogie1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 09:49:13 pm »
I appreciate the love, and im aware of both 1929 and 1939 expansion plans, I truly think the J is ready for it now aside from the massive station underneath south 4th street

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 06:49:26 pm »
im with u on running the 4 track line between marcy and jamaica center via broadway and jamaica ave or past jamaica center, but i was thinking why dont we just use the abandoned station to run trains to glen oaks via union turnpike, the j and z 2 jamaica center or extended past there like u said and run a line down utica to kings plaza. im a huge fan of the unfinished utica ave line. the thing is it would be a waste of time for the IND because although their plans went down the drain, u should try 2 combine ur plan with a benefit bigger than u expected.

Offline ceelboogie1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 11:28:55 am »
Now thats what I call a plan! I was very intrigued by the Utica Ave Line as well. My only thing about that line is what which avenues deserve a station besides the obvious (Kings Highway, Kings Plaza, Empire Blvd, etc)

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 04:47:44 pm »
Now thats what I call a plan! I was very intrigued by the Utica Ave Line as well. My only thing about that line is what which avenues deserve a station besides the obvious (Kings Highway, Kings Plaza, Empire Blvd, etc)
my stations after eastern parkway are: east new york (instead of empire), winthrop st, church, berverly, ave.d, farragut, ave. h (instead of kings highway), flatlands, ave. n, fillmore then ave. u/kings plaza as the last stop. the express stops are church, ave. h and ave. u. everybody has different ideas and those are mine. also with plans i was thinking if extending the nostand ave. subway 2 ave. z 2 get 2 the under served parts of the borough. i was thinking of extending both lines down nostrand 2 ave. z or let 1 run 2 kings plaza with the utica ave. line. lastly i was thinking of extending the franklin ave. shuttle to beford-nostrand ave station where the g is. the shuttle would terminate on the unused center track. the added stops are gates or greene ave. and beford-nostrand on the shuttle. gates or greene would be a two-track station.

Offline ceelboogie1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 05:47:23 pm »
The Nostrand Ave Line extension after Flatbush Ave I had stations at Avenue J, Ave L, Kings Highway, Ave R, Ave U and Ave X with a storage yard for a least 8 full trains located between Voorhies and Ave Z. Your Franklin Ave shuttle extension is genius.

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 06:41:51 pm »
The Nostrand Ave Line extension after Flatbush Ave I had stations at Avenue J, Ave L, Kings Highway, Ave R, Ave U and Ave X with a storage yard for a least 8 full trains located between Voorhies and Ave Z. Your Franklin Ave shuttle extension is genius.
i had the same stops only i wolud have named the ave. r stop like how it is named in the nostrand ave. extension download 4 openbve on this website

Offline ceelboogie1

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 07:40:01 pm »
Will do! I am downloading the (A) line first because it allows me to open all the others