BVEStation

Author Topic: World of Subways Vol.4: New York  (Read 64847 times)

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: World of Subways Vol.4: New York
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 05:26:36 pm »
http://www.tml-edition.com/index.php?do=/blog/131/figuren-characters-in-wos-4/

Happy Wednesday!

As you might have heard, the box release of World of Subways 4 was delayed till March. This does not mean that we're going to lean back and enjoy ourselves - rather more, we will continue to finish the game and test it as much as we can.

Today, we want to introduce you to the characters in the game. They all have their very own personality and they will be part of your future 7 line career. We don't really want to spoil much yet, so we're going to jump directly to the pictures.

Please keep in mind that the images come from an early version of the game and may not resemble the final product.
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2015, 12:18:28 am »
I don't really understand the point of adding these "additional features" that don't make up the core gameplay.
BVEStation.

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2015, 03:07:00 pm »
Now I'm a bit concerned. This is a train simulator, right? I know it looks a bit like Silent Hill, but we don't need a story with a thousand characters like an actual Silent Hill game.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2015, 11:59:45 pm »
I think they are trying to make a game that gives you the "experience" of being a worker for the Transit Authority, and not so much of just driving trains.  The graphics themselves, do look like something from a Silent Hill game or movie or something.  They just picked the wrong color palette.
BVEStation.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2015, 01:07:07 am »
Also they're using the mainline R33, not the worlds fair version. There's a lot of glaring inaccuracies under a veil of shiny graphics.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2015, 01:39:25 am »
Also they're using the mainline R33, not the worlds fair version. There's a lot of glaring inaccuracies under a veil of shiny graphics.
I wonder if they're even aware of that.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2015, 03:20:55 pm »
I wonder if they're even aware of that.
Usually they are not. Such is the case when European Companies try and "simulate" American content.... DTG *coughcough*...

Anyways, I want to see how the physics are on the trains before I pass my final judgement. IMO, the train can be as inaccurate as hell, but as long it has realistic operational physics, that's what matters to me.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2015, 09:02:33 pm »
That is a good point. In WOS 1, I was not totally disappointed, but it wasn't perfect. I felt the trains accelerated waaayyyy too fast, but the brakes were aaight. I don't remember WOS 2 all that well, but I believe it was a little better. The only thing left for us is to wait and see.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2015, 01:28:32 am »
I do agree that as long as a game has good graphics and physics, then I'm okay with it. Although I still think accuracy is essential to enjoyment of the game (especially if you live where the game takes place, in this case New York).
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2015, 06:56:33 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTLfub5RaCE[/youtube]

Quite a surprisingly dramatic trailer. They seem to have at least gotten some key differences between the R33 and R36 subway cars in there (disregarding the fact that they have modelled the ML versions instead of the WF versions). Hopefully the sound sets will be realistic to the General Electric motors on the R33 versus the Westinghouse motors on the R36. Knowing TML's renowned history of ridiculously unrealistic sounds, I'll be very impressed if they get the motors right this time.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed the door chimes included on the Redbirds in this game!? Not too impressed with that if I do say so myself..
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:18:36 pm by Nicholas Blonski »

Offline Ramirez1523

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2015, 04:37:00 pm »
If anyone was wondering the sub-captions on the bottom translate too
The words at the bottom translate too
0:20 - Shifts
0:30 - Optional conductor function
0:40 - Aggro mode
0:50 - Missions

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2015, 01:58:52 am »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nHsc7QQnw4[/youtube]

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2015, 09:43:24 am »
Poopsicle (need to wait until next Monday)... http://store.steampowered.com/app/343070/

But until then, let's learn how to play ;) http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/343070/manuals/Manual_World_of_Subways_4_en_web.pdf?t=1426770129

It seems just by inspection of the manual, there are a few inaccuracies operationally speaking, but I'm willing to forgive them for it.

Offline Ramirez1523

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2015, 01:40:29 pm »
I'm just wondering, when did GT and ST signals become abundant in the system?  (I'm trying to figure out if they should be simulated in this game)

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2015, 03:43:28 pm »
I'm just wondering, when did GT and ST signals become abundant in the system?  (I'm trying to figure out if they should be simulated in this game)
ST signals should be present in the route because I read around they existed before the 1960's but they weren't all throughout the system. GT I am unsure about but my grandfather a retired T/A employee told me he remembers GT's on the BMT lines such as the West End and Jamaica El