BVEStation

Author Topic: can anyone help me code for routes  (Read 7273 times)

Offline traintransport45

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • 99skateborder aka traintransport 45 on youtube
can anyone help me code for routes
« on: January 09, 2015, 08:01:28 pm »
i was thinking of creating a long island railroad ronkonkoma branch from greenport to penn the stations would be from greenport going to southold, mattituck, riverhead, yaphank, medford, ronkonkoma, central islip, brentwood, deer park, wyandanch, pinelawn, farmingdale, bethpage, jamaica, woodside, and penn station but i just dont know how it would be coded with the sounds, tracks, stations and station length, position, announcments on the pa system (example, this station is wyandanch this is the train to penn station, as you leave the train please step over the gap between the train and the platform, the next station is pinelawn) if you could help me it would be great to have someone help me code for this route.
this is the train to penn station the next station is Wyandanch

Offline NYCT N train

• Conductor
  • Broadway/4 Av Exp
    • View Profile
Re: can anyone help me code for routes
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 08:05:11 pm »
i was thinking of creating a long island railroad ronkonkoma branch from greenport to penn the stations would be from greenport going to southold, mattituck, riverhead, yaphank, medford, ronkonkoma, central islip, brentwood, deer park, wyandanch, pinelawn, farmingdale, bethpage, jamaica, woodside, and penn station but i just dont know how it would be coded with the sounds, tracks, stations and station length, position, announcments on the pa system (example, this station is wyandanch this is the train to penn station, as you leave the train please step over the gap between the train and the platform, the next station is pinelawn) if you could help me it would be great to have someone help me code for this route.
what I do is open a example .CSV file (yes most routes are coded in .CSV ) and use that as an example to guide you, like I do when I'm developing my New Haven Line for MNCR.

By PitoR160

Offline traintransport45

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 12:14:21 pm »
i might need help making the route though like i need sounds and objects for this projects and i dont know how to make them can someone help me code?

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 04:00:01 pm »
For some basics on coding a route, refer to this page: http://wiki.bvestation.com/index.php?title=CSV_Routes. Here you will be able figure out how to code and what goes into the route. For objects, if you are unable to use the objects that are already used for other routes, you can learn how create objects here: http://wiki.bvestation.com/index.php?title=Objects

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 12:03:39 am »
The route you're planning is extremely long for a beginner. You might want to start off with something smaller like Jamaica to Penn Station (and even that is pretty damn long)

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 12:13:54 am »
Try building a fictional shuttle route or something to start off with.  Most developers here are doing the whole thing (from coding, to objects, to sounds), because we have so few.  It would otherwise greatly benefit everyone if you learn it by taking a look at the Wiki, and then asking questions when you are done.

Take a look at a few routes, and see how they are coded.  The simplest one available here is my Rollercoaster Route,

http://www.bvestation.com/downloadinfo.php?id=47

Reference each command with the wiki, and you should get an idea of what is going on.
BVEStation.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 01:43:00 am »
Also, don't load the route each time. Route Viewer and Object Viewer are your best friends.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline traintransport45

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 08:23:58 am »
i was planning on making this 2 years ago but it turned out pretty good from jamaica to penn but then i lost the objects so i need help making jamaica and penn anyone wanna make those objects?
this station is Jamaica this is the train to penn station the next and last station is penn station "door chime sounds sounds" beep beep beep "door closing sounds" beep "door chime stops"