BVEStation

Author Topic: The 6 Line Beta (V1.0) to Brooklyn Bridge has been released!  (Read 105015 times)

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
Re: The 6 Line Beta (V1.0) to Brooklyn Bridge has been released!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 12:55:44 pm »
Can't wait to try this out! Too bad I'm at LAX right now D:

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 01:40:58 pm »
Westinghouse? Or General Electric? Which do you prefer?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS7Z9uf_3hw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIcw1E8OEa4[/youtube]

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 06:19:39 pm »
Mr. Railfan, would you mind if I upgrade the City Hall Loop station with more detail?
Try it out, and have us look at it first. We're interested in what you can do.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 07:49:23 pm »
I like the route, you guys did pretty damn good with things. Just a few minor things that need a touch up I've noticed nothing significant or major though.
Just my two cents:
Photo-realistic beams are not present at every station.
Misplacement of objects in some stations such as Brooklyn Bridge on the N/B side I'm sure you guys know that their is a staircase there and not a tower.
Another for BB on the northern platform is the trains do not stop at the end of the platform but rather maybe 20-30feet back.
Other than that it's superb! One more thing I like when the train gets to the north side of BB I hear "This is a Bronx bound" when I hear those announcements that means the destination is not Pelham Bay or Parkchester!

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 06:38:48 am »
Try it out, and have us look at it first. We're interested in what you can do.
Thanks, and also I noticed something not right in the end. The switch that goes to city hall loop is pointing in the wrong direction.

Offline jayeolaolusoji

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 08:58:47 am »
The 6 train route is the route I was waiting for.Turns out it the best line ever.I love there are timers,speed limits,and the loop,Props to you.I know this is the first beta.There is one issue I have.I been on this route since 2012,everyday.before the station Whielock,there is a very long straightway after the curve.This is not true in real life.When you exit the curve,the station is arleady there.After the 10th car leave the curve,the whole train is at the station.You could see this on Bx27,BX4/4A when entering the underside of the 6 train.This the major issue I have.But other than that.This is the best route ever released.Thanks

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 12:32:04 pm »
That is a very good observation,
There is one issue I have.I been on this route since 2012,everyday.before the station Whielock,there is a very long straightway after the curve.This is not true in real life.When you exit the curve,the station is arleady there.After the 10th car leave the curve,the whole train is at the station.You could see this on Bx27,BX4/4A when entering the underside of the 6 train.This the major issue I have.
http://nycsubway.org/perl/show?90008 hope this helps you guys. Please don't think that we're nitpicking but we're trying to help you guys create the most accurate routes, and trains. I've pointed out several things with the (B) and (D) that were inaccurate in spots.

To add on at the north bound side of Brooklyn bridge, the station starts curving at the C\R board, whereas in the route it starts much much later than that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:40:02 pm by Fox-179 »

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2015, 12:46:48 pm »
It is a BETA, so I'm sure constructive criticism is welcome.

On that note, I think more than a few of the stations need platform length adjustments (too long). I could probably fit a full length B division train at 125th Street...

Offline JayJay85

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 05:31:51 pm »
It is a BETA, so I'm sure constructive criticism is welcome.

On that note, I think more than a few of the stations need platform length adjustments (too long). I could probably fit a full length B division train at 125th Street...

That can be fix quickly.

Offline ghosttarin

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 07:25:13 pm »
This route is a dream come true I have a couple of questions one is this route going to the yard  and are we going to have the countdown cloak in the final version and are there going to be more Ai train in front of us to make it more realistic

Offline BeeRyDavis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2015, 08:03:34 pm »
I know it's a Beta and pretty good at that but some inaccuracies were present, some stated above.
1st one I spotted: At Parkchester the second staircase leading up to the platform should be facing the opposite direction on both sides. Very minor in my opionon.

2nd one I spotted: At 14th street on the uptown platform N/B end there isn't a tunnel wall at the end of the platform, in fact tunnel pillars start from a piece of the platform that thins out in the tunnel. Also on the northbound and southbound local tracks the wall in the tunnel is a tile wall matching the one in the station for a section before turning into tunnel wall. Another minor thing.

3rd: At Brooklyn Bridge on both platforms before the 6 even switches onto the loop track and before the train enters the station on the N/B track there is an abandoned portion of the two platforms in the tunnel. No end wall at the end of them just a railing then pillars. That section was abandoned after they lengthened the platforms on the opposite end initially bringing about the closing of Worth street.

All in all it's pretty good regardless but for the die hard railfans had to point those out. Still better than World of Subways 4

Offline MRROSSNOW

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2015, 01:45:26 am »
EXCELLANT JOBS GUYS THIS ROUTE IS BY FAR THE BEST! question how can i make more Altrains appear! is that R62 coming soon?

Offline metroII

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2015, 10:03:02 am »
Im having so much trouble, no platforms, no signals, no walls in tunnel after whitlock downloading again, also replaced the dependencies as well. I got objects to work, but no signals what so ever.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:10:49 pm by metroII »
jbetancourt

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 07:11:40 pm »
Im having so much trouble, no platforms, no signals, no walls in tunnel after whitlock downloading again, also replaced the dependencies as well. I got objects to work, but no signals what so ever.

When you download the file, make sure you download the dependencies located on the right side under the file information.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 08:47:50 am »
This seems strange to me as there are two separate city hall stations thats connected by the loop. Is this normal?