BVEStation

Author Topic: OpenBve Camera  (Read 4757 times)

Offline dogerdog

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
OpenBve Camera
« on: January 04, 2013, 06:43:34 pm »
I noticed recently when i updated openbve, that the interior camera (F2) showed the train swaying, i would call it, in previous versions, i guess the camera "moved" with the train, so you did not noticed the swaying of the train and turning of the first car on curves.....so is there anyway that i can set the F2 view, to move with the first car, so that i don't notice the "swaying or Rocking" of the cars

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
Re: OpenBve Camera
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 08:25:53 am »
I noticed recently when i updated openbve, that the interior camera (F2) showed the train swaying, i would call it, in previous versions, i guess the camera "moved" with the train, so you did not noticed the swaying of the train and turning of the first car on curves.....so is there anyway that i can set the F2 view, to move with the first car, so that i don't notice the "swaying or Rocking" of the cars
First off, which train (trains) were you using when you noticed the swaying (and camera not matching)? Because if it was with the newer R32, R46, and R68 release, then it is because the trucks themselves pivot and sway as well due to being set as their own "cars" in openbve. In order to change the camera to move with the car body of the first car, you must go into the train.dat file and find the "Driver Car" command. It is default set to "0". Change that value to "1", and your problems will be solved. In addition, it also fixes the view in the F1 setting, and moves the cab camera to where it should be.

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 12:43:13 pm »
Thanks for the tip Fan Railer! Was wondering the same thing.

By the way, incase the instructions weren't clear enough this is how the ORIGINAL train.dat section looked like BEFORE the changes on the R46:

#CAB
1000           ; X
2438.4        ; Y
-812            ; Z

This is how it should look like AFTER: (in this case its the addition of a line)

#CAB
1000           ; X
2438.4         ; Y
-812           ; Z
1               ; Secondary Car Index
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline dogerdog

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:33:44 pm »