BVEStation

Author Topic: (2) Local & (2) Express to 42nd Street  (Read 17176 times)

Offline PencilCase16

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: (2) Local & (2) Express to 42nd Street
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 06:05:47 pm »
Turn function is not easy at all, you would have to modify everything after your diverge, especially the new positions of the rails in order to make rail 0 run local then.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 06:10:13 pm by PencilCase16 »

Offline Rayvon

• Operator
  • BVEStation Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 02:51:01 pm »
Oh okay i totally understand, well I will put my research into it. But the .turn command i dont what to put is it like a freeobj command?
.turn and .rail essentially do the same thing to the rails. I find .rail easier to use because .turn requires some math to figure out the decimal value

Offline TrainFanInfinity

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 03:23:30 pm »
This topic is turning out to be a "CVS commands" topic.

Offline Slants4Lyfe

• Operator
  • 3 Years And Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 04:00:21 pm »
Because this topic involves the commands as well...so we are talking about the right topic
Formally Known as tvega961

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 08:32:15 pm »

If you understand even the basics of coding, you would understand that you would need to know these commands to start a route. Especially one that involves an act of switching to another track. Plus its "CSV," so like what Slants4Lyfe said, this is 100% relevant to the current topic.

Good luck DFNQ! If you're doing that it would be great to see it go to 96th cause you can simulate the shuttle bus GOs that happened a few weeks ago. Plus, the skeleton is already made up to that point with minimal detail so you could do some object coding as well!
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 09:48:41 pm »
No it isn't. And I'm pretty sure he used BRR, and not the .turn command, so therefore the commands being suggested in this topic are irrelevant.

It was already proven that this was not possible but i'm not going to be the only pessimist(I usually end up being wrong most of the time anyway :D). If you think you can do this then by all means, go ahead.

BStyles

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 11:32:43 am »
No it isn't. And I'm pretty sure he used BRR, and not the .turn command, so therefore the commands being suggested in this topic are irrelevant.

It was already proven that this was not possible but i'm not going to be the only pessimist(I usually end up being wrong most of the time anyway :D). If you think you can do this then by all means, go ahead.

BStyles

Actually Styles is half correct lol.

Trying it in newtown gave it some difficulty. It would crash soon as the train hits 18th Street. But its a work in progress. However thanks to jup he showed me how to use the .turn command so its possible . Just have to figure out where to edit so that I don't destroy the document and I can make it local from chambers Street

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 07:42:29 pm »
Actually Styles is half correct lol.

Trying it in newtown gave it some difficulty. It would crash soon as the train hits 18th Street. But its a work in progress. However thanks to jup he showed me how to use the .turn command so its possible . Just have to figure out where to edit so that I don't destroy the document and I can make it local from chambers Street
Yeah, don't use brr'd routes on Newtown. I tried it once and crashed the whole server...
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 11:44:48 am »
Damn the whole server?

Well its project in the making lol. Hope that a break through can come out of this

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 03:30:49 pm »
Newtown was meant to handle 1 consistent route file between all users.  If you use a modified route, then you are presenting the possibility for more problems to arise.

Which I cant fix, since you guys aren't following the directions in the instruction manual.   ;)
BVEStation.

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 11:41:59 pm »
Newtown was meant to handle 1 consistent route file between all users.  If you use a modified route, then you are presenting the possibility for more problems to arise.

Which I cant fix, since you guys aren't following the directions in the instruction manual.   ;)

Can this book be rented from the library lol jk jk.

Offline Andres

• Conductor
  • 3rd Avenue El Is the stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 10:20:22 pm »
is it going to be compatible with all versions of BVE? or just openBVE. i really dont care as i have openBVE i just want to know

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 09:28:38 am »
is it going to be compatible with all versions of BVE? or just openBVE. i really dont care as i have openBVE i just want to know

God gave you eyes to read! Please read from the beginning all the way to your comment.

Offline Train man

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 09:15:17 pm »
{post deleted}
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 05:53:39 am by Train man »

Offline TJay1724

• Developer
  • Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 12:14:28 am »
I had to respond to this. The .Turn command is not hard to use. It's simple. If you are switching a train from left to right, it's always going to be .Turn 0.08 then .Turn -0.08. There are special instances where there is .Turn 0.16. But rare. It's an easy command. My 1969 Shuttle has a .Turn command in it right before Prospect Park.

Also, coding an express to a local is not hard, it's Tedious and can get confusing. The best thing to do in that situation is code both local and the express at the same time. Meaning if you start an express route and want a local as well, after you complete each station, you do the same for the local.

Having said that, once I receive the necessary permissions, there will be some updated lines soon that I will be working on with different runs.

7th Avenue makes for a fun run..........  ;)