BVEStation

Author Topic: Official Thread for the (NK) Line  (Read 4516 times)

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Official Thread for the (NK) Line
« on: February 13, 2011, 11:04:33 am »
Remember this?  http://www.bvestation.com/forums/index.php?topic=4171.0

Well, this is the new thread for the route and it will be better than ever.

Remember, I'm not working on this though.

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Official Thread for the (NK) Line
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 11:06:48 am »
It will have:

Animated Static Trains
Animated Clocks
Screen Doors
Animated Countdown clocks
Announcements
Stations
Express and Local Tracks

***The route will be an express route***

One question; how do I make actual switches?

Offline PencilCase16

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:36:15 pm »
if you mean you want your train to diverge, its .turn 0.16 or .turn -.16 and turn it back after 25 meters.
If you mean by creating switches like an X switch between rail 0, and rail 1 that is -4 away from the rail for example do something like:
100, (or whatever it was)
.railstart 2;0;0;4,     /*/where your main rail is
.railstart 3;-4;0;4,    /*/where your rail 1 is
*its like rails on top of one another or double tracks that you can't really see.
125, (25 meters after)
.rail 2;-4;0;4,
.rail 3;0;0;4,
.railend 2,
.railend 3,
that should make an X switch.  If you were to run the route, your train would make the switching sound when it runs over it.  Again, you could cover over these rails with free objects of your choice.
Other than that, I really don't know.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:47:05 pm by PencilCase16 »

Offline B41

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 01:44:19 pm »
please make sure there is a decent amount of spacing between stations or it wont be realistic and belivable. also did you decide what trainsets from the bdivision will run on it?

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Official Thread for the (NK) Line
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 05:07:56 pm »
Well, In spite of recent conversations, I've made one decision.

Fictional Routes yes they are a bother, especially in this age.  While it certainly fills in the "audition" role, today there are just WAY too many.  Fictional routes used to serve more than just the audition purpose.  It was used to showcase new technology which we can implement into our non-fictional routes.  This is where our research and development team came up.  Ray's Riverbank Park Shuttle was supposed to demonstrate timers, with the hope that it will one day be implemented in our real routes.  My Second Avenue Route was just a graphical demonstration, which I later fully implemented into the G.

Unfortunately today, fictional routes dont really serve much of a purpose anymore, since most of the skeletons are taken and are supposedly being worked on.  Nothing new or original has came up from new fictionals, other than filling in the author's imaginations of a route to this place.  Especially with the current fictionals being worked on, what purpose do they serve?  Eye Candy, and thats about it.  Eye candy was invented when I brought on the new onslaught of routes when I released the G.  Not as to say we should stop there, but Eye Candy isn't anything new anymore.  There are still alot of things we haven't tapped into, and thats what our fictional routes should be for, especially for the current developers.

I have been persuaded that this line would be useless. Since we already have enough routes as it is and this route would be a hassle to make (especially to make to recent standards) I will be cancelling this project (Dropping it)

No further conversations in this thread please  :-X
Thank you, and can an Admin / Moderator lock this thread and or delete it?