BVEStation

Author Topic: OpenBVE at the Transit Museum - Major Announcement  (Read 28680 times)

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
OpenBVE at the Transit Museum - Major Announcement
« on: July 04, 2014, 02:02:34 am »
We've got some really exciting news for you guys!

Mr Railfan and I have been hard at work in the last couple of months getting in contact with the NY Transit Museum to showcase OpenBVE.

Now, we are pleased to announce that people will be able to play NYC Subway routes in OpenBVE at the transit museum on Saturdays this summer, starting this Saturday, July 5th!
Note that the event starts at 2pm and runs until 4pm, it does not start the same time the museum opens.

We've got a couple treats in store for those who come. Notably, a preview version of the updated Q line to Coney Island will be available to try out.

If you're available, we encourage you to support the NY Transit Museum and make the trip to go and try it out! As always, please remember to be courteous; there will likely be young children itching to try OpenBVE for the first time. Just like the Railfan Window, kids first!

Additionally, please consider donating to the NY Transit Museum so that they can continue to provide great opportunities such as this!

More info: http://web.mta.info/mta/museum/pdf/NYTM_ccalendar.pdf
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 01:50:49 am by Dj Hammers »

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
Re: OpenBVE at the Transit Museum - Major Announcement
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 02:09:51 am »
Additionally, Later on in the summer, the N to 86 Street, the full R to Forest Hills and the full D to Coney Island will be debuted at the Museum as well.

Hope you all enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 02:41:33 am by Mr Railfan »

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:25:51 am »
How's the setup going to be like? Using computers to run the sim, or an actual cab interface, like the one they use in London?

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 12:40:29 pm »
How's the setup going to be like? Using computers to run the sim, or an actual cab interface, like the one they use in London?
For now the computers in the TM's computer lab will be used.

However we are working with the TM to get something like London's 1995 stock cab mockup display up and running in the future.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 03:22:18 pm »
For now the computers in the TM's computer lab will be used.

However we are working with the TM to get something like London's 1995 stock cab mockup display up and running in the future.
8) now THAT is something worth making a trip down to the TM for. They already have that R42 style cab in place. It would be nice to be able to convert that into one of the OpenBVE cab mockups.

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 06:31:47 pm »
Do you guys have the official link to the exhibit? I've seen it on Facebook at one point, but I can't seem to find it now. Nevermind I have found the link.  Posted at the top.  Otherwise fantastic work you guys have done to be able to bring this to the community for everyone to share.  The routes look more polished than they ever have.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:35:05 pm by ipac »
BVEStation.

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 01:47:38 pm »
Now THIS is some really big stuff. And I will definitely be trying this out when I stop in New York this summer. I just want to say congrats to the OpenBVE team. For someone like me who has been playing since the trains had no photorealistic parts or exteriors, this is amazing. Great job guys, and best of luck as this moves on to the next level.

It would be pretty cool if they could somehow get the cab of a train and modify it to run the game.

And Mr Railfan those (Q) pics look nice lol.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 01:49:56 pm by Brighton Express »

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 10:38:50 pm »
The event at the Museum was a great success. All who came had a great time, and there was a lot of positive feedback. If you didn't come today, we encourage you to come try it out next Saturday! If you did, feel free to come in again and have another spin.

It would be pretty cool if they could somehow get the cab of a train and modify it to run the game.

That's something that is in the works right now. Just give it some time.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 11:24:17 pm by Dj Hammers »

Offline ProjectAce

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 12:44:58 am »
WOW! I used to think about something like this. That's great! What trainset will be used? I would assume one that has/have been developed inside and outside with animations (ie. door close/open)?

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 07:07:59 pm »
WOW! I used to think about something like this. That's great! What trainset will be used? I would assume one that has/have been developed inside and outside with animations (ie. door close/open)?

For the simplicity of all the people using the program at the museum, The R160 is being used on the Computers, However for added challenge, the new R1 will also be available to play.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 09:37:24 pm »
Great day visiting the museum today; met and chilled with rstar and Mr Railfan. Speaking of which, Mr Railfan, shoot a PM my way when you see this so we can get things rolling, so to speak  ;)

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 02:38:39 am »
Here's a publicity video for the event. Share and spread the word about this and hope to see you guys at the museum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPuwwunmYtU

Thanks for all the people who contributed!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:38:59 am by Dj Hammers »

Offline B3 via Av U

• New Recruit
  • Fire Alarm Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 09:15:37 pm »
Dat realistic render of 34th and 14th tho...is there a projected date for public release of the D to CI among the others?
Aah! God damn this 15 year old desktop PC!

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 10:26:12 pm »
Dat realistic render of 34th and 14th tho...is there a projected date for public release of the D to CI among the others?
I can't give a projected release date as we both have busy lives outside of openBVE. However work is being done on a regular basis. Just give it time.

If you wanna try out the updated Q line with the realistic rendering at 34th and 14th, come to the museum on Saturdays this summer. People have been enjoying it a lot!

Offline B3 via Av U

• New Recruit
  • Fire Alarm Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 11:04:57 pm »
I can't give a projected release date as we both have busy lives outside of openBVE. However work is being done on a regular basis. Just give it time.

If you wanna try out the updated Q line with the realistic rendering at 34th and 14th, come to the museum on Saturdays this summer. People have been enjoying it a lot!

Is the new Q available for download as of yet? I'm rather busy w/ summer school prepping for the SHSAT so I haven't any time to go to the museum, although I would.
Aah! God damn this 15 year old desktop PC!