BVEStation

Author Topic: (WIP) The Complete IRT Development Thread  (Read 56832 times)

Offline Smooth23

• Conductor
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) The Complete IRT Development Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 04:33:48 pm »
So is there going to be a r62 release ? cuss that train looks nice

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 08:00:32 pm »
Check this topic, here: https://forums.bvestation.com/index.php?topic=251.195 I am currently making progress on the exterior.

BStyles

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
Re: The Complete IRT Development Thread
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 07:38:00 pm »
So if this is the complete IRT dev thread, shouldn't I be listed as one of the developers for the Queens bound (7)? Not trying to be smart here, just curious.

You are a developer of the 7, yes. You are not an official developer. The people mentioned above have almost a decade of experience and have come together on a massive scale.

This is also a coordinated effort between BVEStation and OpenBVE Connection to complete the IRT. Coordinated, as in this new effort now requires a complete restructuring of the object folder hierarchy. This also includes accurate information gathered from all across the IRT, something which everyone mentioned has agreed to.

BStyles

Offline JayJay85

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 02:58:46 pm »
Here's updates, all of underground curves and switches now complete on the 5 Line.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 03:10:19 pm »
You are a developer of the 7, yes. You are not an official developer. The people mentioned above have almost a decade of experience and have come together on a massive scale.

This is also a coordinated effort between BVEStation and OpenBVE Connection to complete the IRT. Coordinated, as in this new effort now requires a complete restructuring of the object folder hierarchy. This also includes accurate information gathered from all across the IRT, something which everyone mentioned has agreed to.

BStyles

So how are developers deemed offical then? If I'm with a group that has been around for 5 years or so and have 2 years worth of developing (same as BVEFan), that should be offical enough. I'm just confused is all.

Offline iTransitFan

• New Recruit
  • Transit Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 03:11:03 pm »
Here's updates, all of underground curves and switches now complete on the 5 Line.

Nice!!!!

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 06:12:47 pm »
So how are developers deemed offical then? If I'm with a group that has been around for 5 years or so and have 2 years worth of developing (same as BVEFan), that should be offical enough. I'm just confused is all.

It isn't. It never was. Presence does not make you an official developer, and anyone can develop, however that doesn't make them "official". Training does.

OBC has been around for ten years, and BVEStation for almost fifteen. The developers mentioned, past and present, have a combined experience even longer than that. Since I have been seeing, as well as getting, a lot of negative feedback from that team and here, your name was not mentioned and posts have been removed. Secondly, I cannot validate where your information from the 7 is coming from, so I cannot tell if the route is accurate or not. The team is using the most accurate skeletons, the most of which were originally created by Joe (Phantom909), who had all the signal diagrams, A.K.A. Track maps, from MTA. Since neither of those were reported to have came from those sources, and the objects were reported to have come from third-party sources, I can neither confirm nor deny its plausibility.

Developers are deemed "official" through a variety of ways. By starting off coding short test routes or fictional routes to master proficiency and by developing trains, which BVEfan does, and they can be official in one or the other, or even both. The IRT being made by this group is coordinating their efforts into one object folder system that will hopefully spread to other routes in the BMT/IND divsions as well. I would also like to point out that developers are also held, and should hold themselves to a higher standard than most members, which means that they must be able to ignore conversations which derail topics and must avoid spam posts at all times. Much like normal members, there's no arguing with members or spammers, simply move forward and attempt to retail the topic. If that fails, ask for administrative help.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, I will gladly accept private messages. Otherwise, this topic will continue to focus on development updates.

BStyles

Offline SimCentral

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 08:25:00 pm »
Stop Markers and More Goodies:

Offline iTransitFan

• New Recruit
  • Transit Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2017, 10:18:40 pm »
Stop Markers and More Goodies:

That's a really good job, how much is done?

Offline R160Railfan

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 05:35:43 am »
so realistic 11/10

Offline RF9197

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 01:45:55 am »
Here's some more shots of the 7 Line featuring 111th Street Station:

Offline Trainkid723

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 06:26:19 am »
That's AMAZING!

Offline RF9197

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 11:45:13 pm »

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 12:00:45 am »
7 Line looking great! I'm guessing from the scenery and lighting of the textures, will there be a day and night versions of the route? Also, that staircase is so realistic!! Was it made in Sketchup? I might start using it for my routes also....

Offline yankees8318

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 08:52:15 pm »
Updates of the Southbound 5 as of March, 30, 2017, More updates soon to come...stay tuned, and yes this version of the 5 is going to Flatbush Avenue and other southbound terminals

http://i.imgur.com/oZhblP0.png[/img]
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:01:22 pm by yankees8318 »