BVEStation

Author Topic: What happened to the R44 in the first place?  (Read 12575 times)

Offline Boss Of Games

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
What happened to the R44 in the first place?
« on: March 28, 2011, 01:12:29 pm »
I was wondering what happened to the R44 on the downloads section. The A route that used it needed to be changed. Was it due to a copyright issue, or others. I have the original files and i am wanting to make a Pre-GOH R44 with exterior view and 3d cab. I want to know of anything because of any issues for copyright and such. I would like to know from the original author if I can have permission to use a few sounds and some physics for my project.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to the R44 in the first place?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 02:34:07 pm »
It was taken down like many other trains due to modifications by the community.I'm unsure if people released a modified version of that persons train but it was taken down.Creator is Trevor L he made the R-29,44,160 #8713,M3 and M-7(please corect me or add anything if I am wrong or missed anything).
If you have the original files you have the train so if anything contact the author about your plans if you will use that stuff.You can reach him on his site ttmg.org or NYCTF his user is Vintage Soul I believe.And good luck with the R-44 Pre-GOH project maybe we can work together since I'm making the R-46 Pre-GOH.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:33:14 pm by <4>7695 »

Offline nyctrman

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 03:04:35 pm »
the 142

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 03:37:49 pm »
Yeah, he also made the R-142.  They all were wonderfully made but after getting a new rig and misplacing the hard-drive, I lost them.  Chances are he won't be redistributing them to anyone else unless they are his personal friends.  He took them off because of people modifying his files with say sounds or some images and are posting them upon YouTube and such.

The real question would be what ever happened to your big program project but that would drift off-topic.

Offline Orion V CNG #748

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 03:53:59 pm »
If trevor logan made the R-29,44,160 #8713,M3,M-7and the R142 then who made the R160 #9333
BVE NYCTA V LINE part 1 
Did Trevor also make this R160 just wondering
( Video does not belong to me )
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:55:39 pm by Williamster17 »

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 04:06:07 pm »
He made the R29,R44, an old R110B, R142, R160B 8713, R160A-2 9333, and the M7

He took it down because of people stealing his work and calling it their own. (Copyright infringement)

Offline Boss Of Games

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 05:18:56 pm »
Well... I have on file. The original, unmodified version of the R-44. I want to use the motors and other stuff and then use some of the other hardware.

It was taken down like many other trains due to modifications by the community.I'm unsure if people released a modified version of that persons train but it was taken down.Creator is Trevor L he made the R-29,44,160 #8713,M3 and M-7(please corect me or add anything if I am wrong or missed anything).
If you have the original files you have the train so if anything contact the author about your plans if you will use that stuff.You can reach him on his site ttmg.org or NYCTF his user is Vintage Soul I believe.And good luck with the R-44 Pre-GOH project maybe we can work together since I'm making the R-46 Pre-GOH.
Sure. We can release them as a pack ;D. I would love to work with you. The feature of mine is that it will be the first train to have a 3D cab  8)

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 07:08:31 pm »
Well... I have on file. The original, unmodified version of the R-44. I want to use the motors and other stuff and then use some of the other hardware.

Sure. We can release them as a pack ;D. I would love to work with you. The feature of mine is that it will be the first train to have a 3D cab  8)
Ok cool I will tell you that progress for me is and will be slow until June or July b\c I am a 10th grader and regents is coming VERY SOON but I'll have lots of days off in June and the break so I'll work on it.I'm not focused on the exterior/interior just the panel and cab no 3D.

Offline dman1455

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 07:56:56 pm »

You want to use Trevor Logans Sound O_o

Offline Simon

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member / Community Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 08:50:42 pm »
Did Trevor also make this R160 just wondering

Yes, that R160 cab was one of his works as well.
Kawasaki_Plant

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 09:27:56 pm »
There are other trains with 3d cabs already out there just to let you know.

Dennis, I'm pretty sure if he wanted to, he wouldn't be stupid enough to do so without permission.
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline ipac

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 10:43:03 pm »
If you want to use anything of his, email him and ask, if he says yes then your in luck.  Otherwise the answer is no.
BVEStation.

Offline Boss Of Games

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 08:39:31 am »

Dennis, I'm pretty sure if he wanted to, he wouldn't be stupid enough to do so without permission.

Yea. I forgot to add the first NYCTBA train to have a 3d cab. I can imagine running that train down the A. I have never stepped into any subway car in NYC. So it will be hard for a start. All i need is detailed pictures and some time and i will work my magic.

A little off topic.

For my train. I will implement a "special" UBVE Touch like legit headlights that will directly influence the new graphics engine. But i don't want any comments on this. LOL

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 12:04:04 pm »
A little off topic.

For my train. I will implement a "special" UBVE Touch like legit headlights that will directly influence the new graphics engine. But i don't want any comments on this. LOL

If you don't want comments on this, why post it at all?  This is a public forum you know.

I hope you do show some progress on your half of this project because I probably speak for everyone at this point and wonder what ever happened you your "other" joint project?

Offline Slants4Lyfe

• Operator
  • 3 Years And Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 12:36:10 pm »

Yea. I forgot to add the first NYCTBA train to have a 3d cab. I can imagine running that train down the A. I have never stepped into any subway car in NYC. So it will be hard for a start. All i need is detailed pictures and some time and i will work my magic.

A little off topic.

Just make the train from scratch and make a new topic about YOUR Development on a new thread in the developments section
Formally Known as tvega961