BVEStation

Author Topic: OMSI Right Turns  (Read 9712 times)

Offline AyooDess

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
OMSI Right Turns
« on: October 16, 2012, 05:47:56 pm »
Any tips on how to drive the bus smoothly without hitting the side walk while turning right? I always hit the side walk when I turn early, but if I turn really late, I hit a car on the right lane. I can't seem to time when to turn.

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
Re: OMSI Right Turns
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 06:48:16 pm »
Drive your bus out like halfway to the right lane, and then turn right slowly.

Turn left, then turn right

Or just take the turn really slowly
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 07:39:15 pm »
Any tips on how to drive the bus smoothly without hitting the side walk while turning right? I always hit the side walk when I turn early, but if I turn really late, I hit a car on the right lane. I can't seem to time when to turn.

He is right. You gotta remember that this is not your ordinary racing video game.

This is very good for training. I hope they incorporate something like this into bus training.

Offline AyooDess

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 07:46:18 pm »
He is right. You gotta remember that this is not your ordinary racing video game.

This is very good for training. I hope they incorporate something like this into bus training.
Yeah i know i do that in some bus simulators too. its just that I have a hard time steering, considering the fact that I'm using a keyboard. Keybinds aren't that great either. Trying to get a Steering wheel by black friday so I don't have to press keys to turn.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 08:43:17 pm »
Try using the Mouse for driving/turning. So much easier for me.

Offline AyooDess

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 09:16:15 pm »
Try using the Mouse for driving/turning. So much easier for me.
Lol I'll try that. The first time i tried driving with the mouse, I went out of control.

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 10:28:52 pm »
You gotta have steady hands.
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline AyooDess

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 10:43:06 pm »
You gotta have steady hands.
Something i dont have. Damnit.

Offline Brighton Express

• Operator
  • Progress Updater for the NYC Transit Forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 12:15:21 am »
Yeah i know i do that in some bus simulators too. its just that I have a hard time steering, considering the fact that I'm using a keyboard. Keybinds aren't that great either. Trying to get a Steering wheel by black friday so I don't have to press keys to turn.

The amount of Joysticks and steering wheels I have, oh boy.

They are very useful. I wonder of the NASCAR one that they have is compatible with OMSI.

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 11:31:51 am »
Drive with the mouse, it's much easier.

When making a right turn, make sure you are not right next to the curb or else it will be very difficult to make the turn. Keep your distance from the curb, and as others said inch up and you are about half way, and then turn the wheel accordingly.

OMSI 92 Deadhead to Spandau Freudstr - Timelapse
I know its kinda hard to see but in the end you see me making that right turn onto Freudstraße

As for the joysticks, it's kinda hard to get a good steering wheel for OMSI as a lot of the steering wheels I've looked at were designed  for racing and not for bus driving.. The steering will be off as many of the wheels have a maximum turning radius (no 5102 joke intended) of 1/2 to 1 rotation, while as you can see on OMSI you need a wheel capable of reaching 3 full rotations

Offline AyooDess

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 05:44:54 pm »
Drive with the mouse, it's much easier.

When making a right turn, make sure you are not right next to the curb or else it will be very difficult to make the turn. Keep your distance from the curb, and as others said inch up and you are about half way, and then turn the wheel accordingly.

OMSI 92 Deadhead to Spandau Freudstr - Timelapse
I know its kinda hard to see but in the end you see me making that right turn onto Freudstraße

As for the joysticks, it's kinda hard to get a good steering wheel for OMSI as a lot of the steering wheels I've looked at were designed  for racing and not for bus driving.. The steering will be off as many of the wheels have a maximum turning radius (no 5102 joke intended) of 1/2 to 1 rotation, while as you can see on OMSI you need a wheel capable of reaching 3 full rotations
Thanks for the tips. And for your video, how about if there was a car waiting for green light as you turned right? If you turned like that wouldn't you hit the car waiting there? Well thats what happened to me. Either that or I hit the curb. And do you have any tips with driving with the mouse? I'm trying to get one of these racing wheels: DFGT or G27. They both have a 900 degree rotation.