BVEStation

Author Topic: (WIP) Official Development Thread for the A from Lefferts to 207th  (Read 64353 times)

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
Re: (WIP) Official Development Thread for the A from Lefferts to 207th
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2017, 08:13:51 am »
I hate it when you try to reuse some of the old switches from Lexington and then the color of the rails don't match/don't have the same texture as your actual rails. It always gets me tight :p
After I took the screenshot and uploaded it, I realized that I forgot to remove the {;} that I had in place for the texture line for the middle track rail. The {;} keeps the texture line in the object file but tells Object/Route viewer and OpenBVE to ignore the line instead of totally removing the whole texture line to preventing the texture from loading. The texture is there, though. It is easier for me to code with the rail white (add {;} in the texture line), then "add the texture back". (remove {;} in the texture line)

And I have not used any switches from the Lexington Folder lol, all of the switches that I use in these screenshots and are being upgraded to have textures are either from the 8th Ave or LefShut folder.

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2017, 12:11:01 am »
Houston, I think we have a problem......

Obviously, not the final product, but once the "skeleton" (rails) line up, the major and key component, getting the catwalks, ties, guard rails, and sidings will all fit like a puzzle. I did see an Acela pass on those tracks to Lefferts Blvd tho......

Offline WizDaGamer

• New Recruit
  • Third year as Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2017, 12:13:00 am »
YASSSS.

Offline R160Railfan

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2017, 07:23:43 pm »
Chugging quietly along is the A to Euclid Av. The underground section is starting to come to life. Slowly...

Portal after 80th Street

Tunnel Walls and track are up for the approach to Grant Avenue

Eventually there will be switch placed here for the Pitkin Yard lead. The other one lowers to the right

Grant Avenue with temporary walls and platform. In the process of editing wall textures

Tunnel walls and track after Grant Avenue. Curve to Euclid can be seen in the distance

Smooth curve after leaving Grant Avenue, on the way to the 4 track Fulton Line

Layout of tracks between Grant Av and Euclid. The yard leads from Euclid Avenue to Pitkin Yards are not coded yet. And that is a temporary, elevated switch placed there lol. The platform in the distance is Euclid Avenue.

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
  • 1970s Routes developper
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2017, 07:59:32 am »
Wow! Great work! I'm looking forward to it!

And yes, time to renovate the A line because it never got updated since 2007, with the new tunnel textures which is awesome, good luck!

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline tf51d

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2017, 12:21:23 am »
There's a new version of the A from 207th st to Far Rockaway out now on openBVEConnect.com Here's a video Note the announcements (From the Howard Beach version) are my own modifications. and the tunnel lighting is from the Howard beach route. Also note, unless they fixed it, there is a problem on the elevated section of the route. The problem is objects that is included in the package in the IND 8th Ave object folder the route looks for them in the 6thAve object. To fix download the updated 6th avenue objects in the link below and install into your Object folder.

http://openbveconnect.com//index.php?PHPSESSID=54d13b584471d21bc07abf6c8c03f7a5&action=downloads;cat=15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrvGfcTVEE8

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 04:57:23 pm by tf51d »

Offline R160Railfan

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2017, 03:27:40 pm »
tf please can you give me the download link? i cant find it :(

Offline tf51d

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2017, 04:52:48 pm »
http://openbveconnect.com//index.php?PHPSESSID=54d13b584471d21bc07abf6c8c03f7a5&action=downloads;cat=15

Note: They posted the updated 6thave objects, download and install, and you won't have to use the procedure I posted.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 04:55:47 pm by tf51d »

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2017, 09:46:57 pm »
Good Evening all, and here is a little update on development   8) 8)

Smooth curve from Grant Avenue to Euclid Avenue is done, track and walls

Column beams from the ramp down to Euclid are coded in. The left ones are darker than the right, but that will be fixed soon, as it is an issue with the way the columns are coded

The tunnel roof and columns for all the Layup tracks between Euclid and Grant are coded

These are permanent switches. jkjkjk lol I have not used and underground switches yet, so these will stay there for now. The black hole 2 tracks over is where the other grant track (what the current A to Far Rock uses) comes from, and that hole is where a y-shaped switch will be placed

Aerial view (well, the tracks are underground, so street view?) of the tracks from the Grant Av tracks merge point. Pitkin Yard tracks are not coded yet, will get to that after the Grant Av merge point is done

Tunnels and tracks are mostly done up to Euclid Avenue, besides the yard leads. View of the platform

In the distance the tunnels are up also. The station also has its columns placed throughout the station with its platforms

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2017, 12:18:33 am »
The back to school update:  :o

So most of the critical skeleton work has been done, and it is time to do heavy detailing of stations, from signs to benches and staircases. The Rockaways-bound tracks have been the most difficult, as it is a bunch of trial and error just to make sure it lines up properly, but it had to be done. Anyways, enough talk, here are the screenshots of the Rockaway Blvd area and associated switches:

Offline BadriveR142A

• Conductor
  • 1970s Routes developper
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2017, 01:20:18 am »
The back to school update:  :o

So most of the critical skeleton work has been done, and it is time to do heavy detailing of stations, from signs to benches and staircases. The Rockaways-bound tracks have been the most difficult, as it is a bunch of trial and error just to make sure it lines up properly, but it had to be done. Anyways, enough talk, here are the screenshots of the Rockaway Blvd area and associated switches:
Nice work man! Looking forward to it!

1960 - 1970s Lover

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2017, 09:58:06 pm »
Preview of the new staircase for the A line. Texture taken by me, modded and coded for BVE by another developer. Platform signs are all done by me. Video preview of 111th and 104th coming soon!!

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2017, 07:47:16 pm »
The staircases got some more work, but instead of having more pictures, here is the video to show them! Everything here is a Work In Progress (WIP), so there will be errors. Enjoy the video, and subscribe to my channel to get future updates of the Uptown A!!