BVEStation

Author Topic: The new R46 has been released.  (Read 68930 times)

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
Re: The new R46 has been released.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 06:26:15 pm »
F Train fan, what are your specs? You don't see many computers weaker than a Pentium III and 512 MB of RAM these days (which are the minimum specs)

Offline [CT1660]

• Dispatcher
  • openBVE Developer, OMSI Repainter & Engine Modder
    • View Profile
    • Enter The Lair
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 06:40:24 pm »
F Train fan, what are your specs? You don't see many computers weaker than a Pentium III and 512 MB of RAM these days (which are the minimum specs)

it's actually the graphics card the R46 depends on. Actually, the bare minimum for a playable R46 is a Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz or higher, and a 256MB ATI/AMD or NVIDIA graphics card.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 06:45:02 pm »

it's actually the graphics card the R46 depends on. Actually, the bare minimum for a playable R46 is a Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz or higher, and a 256MB ATI/AMD or NVIDIA graphics card.

Ha i got Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
       System Model: HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook PC     
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU        P6000  @ 1.87GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3894MB RAM
          Page File: 2556MB used, 5229MB available

and i can get 10 FPS steady while in exterior view on a high quality route , which is decently playable and 30 - 60 fps while in the cab.

Offline rstar

• Operator
  • MailMan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 09:23:49 pm »
Nice job on the R46 but the cab look like it dragging on the floor but everything else look good.

Offline Slants4Lyfe

• Operator
  • 3 Years And Counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 10:05:54 pm »
Just did a little test run of the train, I love the panel and exterior, but the sounds break up a bit, and it seems to have the same problem as DJ Hammer's R33WF where the train turns and goes up/down inclines very abruptly. Other than that, it's perfect! Good job guys ;)

That shaking was done purposely. If you tried Tjay's test route with the timers, and look at the train. It would have the same shaking effect.
Formally Known as tvega961

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 10:13:46 pm »
Hi everyone, some people were experiencing problems with the R46 earlier. I have re-uploaded a fixed version onto the server about an hour ago. If you downloaded the R46 this morning or afternoon and are having problems, please go and download it again now. Thank you and sorry for any trouble this may have caused.

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 10:22:10 pm »
Just did a little test run of the train, I love the panel and exterior, but the sounds break up a bit, and it seems to have the same problem as DJ Hammer's R33WF where the train turns and goes up/down inclines very abruptly. Other than that, it's perfect! Good job guys ;)

That shaking was done purposely. If you tried Tjay's test route with the timers, and look at the train. It would have the same shaking effect.

That is not what I was talking about. I meant when the train goes around curves. Similar to with the R33WF, it enters the curve very roughly instead of smoothly. Same goes for entering upward/downward slopes.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline OPSNYC

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 10:24:28 pm »
Im getting an error that says : "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Please inspect the error log file for further information."

What happened ? :(

This should fix the error that you were getting:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4j0mp6pp9d17oc5

Just drag and drop the files from the zip into the "body" directory (R46 OpenBVE>Cars>Body)

The train should now work once you replace those specified files.

I cannot play the R46 (3.0) even if I replace the original files. Please HELP!!! I cannot wait to play it.

Offline [CT1660]

• Dispatcher
  • openBVE Developer, OMSI Repainter & Engine Modder
    • View Profile
    • Enter The Lair
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 10:40:42 pm »
Im getting an error that says : "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Please inspect the error log file for further information."

Just drag and drop the files from the zip into the "body" directory (R46 OpenBVE>Cars>Body)

I cannot play the R46 (3.0) even if I replace the original files. Please HELP!!! I cannot wait to play it.

You need version OpenBVE Version 1.4.1 or higher

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 10:41:19 pm »

Can you give us more detail than just "I cannot play the R46 (3.0)"? What happens when you try to run it?

Offline OPSNYC

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 11:14:25 pm »
Help I cannot play this R46 not even if I replace the original file. PLEASE HELP!!!

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 11:17:31 pm »
Help I cannot play this R46 not even if I replace the original file. PLEASE HELP!!!
Once again, please give us MORE detail. What happens when you try to load the train?

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 12:51:33 am »
That is not what I was talking about. I meant when the train goes around curves. Similar to with the R33WF, it enters the curve very roughly instead of smoothly. Same goes for entering upward/downward slopes.
You know, I'm having the same issue but I think it's got to do with OpenBVE
Jose
BVEStation Administrator

Offline vince_black

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • Czech BVE Page
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 02:27:34 am »
Hello all,

first, I was glad when I saw a new train. But, I tried it to run and got many errors. Later I noticed it's only for openBVE 1.4.1 - is it written anywhere?

Second, something is wrong when I run it on 1.4.1 version (click on links below for screens). And what does it mean "Train uses a Win32 plugin"??

http://vinceblack.me.cz/images/temp/r46_cab.jpg

http://vinceblack.me.cz/images/temp/r46_exterior.jpg

Offline r160bve

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 07:46:12 am »
Hello all,

first, I was glad when I saw a new train. But, I tried it to run and got many errors. Later I noticed it's only for openBVE 1.4.1 - is it written anywhere?

Second, something is wrong when I run it on 1.4.1 version (click on links below for screens). And what does it mean "Train uses a Win32 plugin"??

http://vinceblack.me.cz/images/temp/r46_cab.jpg

http://vinceblack.me.cz/images/temp/r46_exterior.jpg

Yes, this also happened to me when I downloaded and ran the latest openbve. It said that the train uses a Win32 file and gave me hundreds of error messages. Overall, i could barely play it properly without switching openbve to a lower/previous version. (NOT FOR THIS R46, but for various other trains)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:48:09 am by r160bve »
Check out my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/csx8851