BVEStation

Author Topic: OpenBVE Scores  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
OpenBVE Scores
« on: March 11, 2012, 11:29:16 am »
Sup guys? I wanted to start this thread for fun.
If anyone does runs on OpenBVE, you can put your scores up here.

1. Once you are done the route, go to the main menu.
2. Click review last game.
3.Take a screenshot using Shift + Print Scrn
4. Go into Paint, and press Ctrl + V (like a copy/paste thing)
5. Save, and use imageshack.us to put a URL on this thread

And then everyone will see how you oorate whatever line you want!
Have fun posting!
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline r160bve

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: OpenBVE Scores
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:55:46 am »
Hey bro..you know, some routes have really wierd scores. For example, I was driving the (F) to 179st local. I always operate according to nyct standards (timers, curves,etc.) I still get a 13% rating compared to if I drive a Lefferts blvd bound (A) according to nyct standards. I would get something like a 80%. I'm like WTF...
Check out my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/csx8851

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 01:27:33 pm »
Right? lol. OpenBVE puts up its own speeds n stuff... and it throws me off
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 02:10:47 pm »
Hey bro..you know, some routes have really wierd scores. For example, I was driving the (F) to 179st local. I always operate according to nyct standards (timers, curves,etc.) I still get a 13% rating compared to if I drive a Lefferts blvd bound (A) according to nyct standards. I would get something like a 80%. I'm like WTF...
Sometimes in the route you gotta push the train to its limit and haul in stations to be on-time.Sometimes you gotta be slow in places.If you're getting low ratings the schedule may be off or you're just being too late or violating speed zone restrictions.

In NYCT standards theres really no speed limit unless posted such as going or approaching a switch the limit can be 10,15,20 or 25MPH in some cases.It doesn't mean you can't operate below or above thats a recommend limit keep it at at speed limit or no more than 5mph above.

In between stations when theres no timers there may be a sign saying GT or ST 30 that doesn't mean you have to go 30miles.

In reality its pretty much as fast as you can go before a timer,switch or station is upcoming.For example obviously there aren't many 45 mph speed limits around but that doesn't mean trains don't go above that in some spots(not including the tubes)
Trains can reach 60MPH obviously in the tubes but theres no 60mph speed signs and they do usually or at least 60 with a 68/A.(60th St-Tubes only)

The stretch between 170th and Burnside on the (4) in the middle track theres a 35 speed sign but train hit 45 on that stretch because there are no timers and theres a downhill from 170th to Mt Eden.
All routes are different sometimes developers don't code speed limits in routes but the default if 55kph which is about 34-35mph and realize thats entering station speed that will bug you but in between you can go beyond.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:13:36 pm by Fox-179 »

Offline r160bve

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 02:36:51 pm »
Thanks for clearing everything up  ;D however I do want to point out some things that you said:
Sometimes in the route you gotta push the train to its limit and haul in stations to be on-time.Sometimes you gotta be slow in places.If you're getting low ratings the schedule may be off or you're just being too late or violating speed zone restrictions.
Agreed

In NYCT standards theres really no speed limit unless posted such as going or approaching a switch the limit can be 10,15,20 or 25MPH in some cases.It doesn't mean you can't operate below or above thats a recommend limit keep it at at speed limit or no more than 5mph above.
Agreed

In between stations when theres no timers there may be a sign saying GT or ST 30 that doesn't mean you have to go 30miles.

So if it says GT 30, doesnt that mean that there are  30MPH timers ahead? I can't really tell or not if there are timers in that area in reality.

In reality its pretty much as fast as you can go before a timer,switch or station is upcoming.For example obviously there aren't many 45 mph speed limits around but that doesn't mean trains don't go above that in some spots(not including the tubes)
Trains can reach 60MPH obviously in the tubes but theres no 60mph speed signs and they do usually or at least 60 with a 68/A.(60th St-Tubes only)
Agreed
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:41:19 pm by r160bve »
Check out my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/csx8851

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 05:57:25 pm »

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor