BVEStation

Author Topic: The Q Line by JayJay has been updated!  (Read 26026 times)

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
Re: The Q Line by JayJay has been updated!
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 12:50:56 pm »
OpenBVE - Q Train Timelapse from Queensbridge to Brighton

As for repacking it into 7z, I will have to just put that on my long BVE to-do list... (unless if somebody else wants to do it then please feel free lol)

Offline Mkoyf

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 02:31:39 pm »
When will the (Q) be release local to Brighton or Coney Island?
Just Wondering
Thanks

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 02:45:02 pm »
When will the (Q) be release local to Brighton or Coney Island?
Just Wondering
Thanks
This was asked probably 2 or 3x maybe more in the last few posts its in development.I don't know why it wasn't a local route via Brighton in the 1st place but be happy for what we have for the time being

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 02:51:30 pm »
This was asked probably 2 or 3x maybe more in the last few posts its in development.I don't know why it wasn't a local route via Brighton in the 1st place but be happy for what we have for the time being

Because it takes a long ass time to code everything from prospect park to Brighton beach, let alone Coney Island. You would have to go through hundreds of lines of code and change the location of every single object that is listed there. Plus jayjay is working on having the Q come out of Astoria in the meantime and doesn't have time to make a local version on brighton.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 03:59:40 pm »
Because it takes a long ass time to code everything from prospect park to Brighton beach, let alone Coney Island. You would have to go through hundreds of lines of code and change the location of every single object that is listed there. Plus jayjay is working on having the Q come out of Astoria in the meantime and doesn't have time to make a local version on brighton.
Obviously but some others don't know that.No one should feel rush or feel obligated to do certain things but all these re-routes and G.O's and stuff needs a hold(in my opinion) to get the REAL route precise. The cliche' do it right the first time throws people off it's awkward having a (B) route well I should say (D) starting at 205th running down CPW exp and Brighton Exp thats the definition of a classic old school route there jus sayin

Offline vince_black

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • Czech BVE Page
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 05:22:22 pm »
It might be real or fictional route (Q)? Some stations of SMEE (21st Street-Queensbridge, Roosevelt Island, 47th-50th Street, West 4th Street) are on F line in real (if I have the right map) and most stations (from DeKalb Av. to Brighton Beach) are for real... I'm a little bit confused  :D

But this doesn't change the fact it's a very nice route  ;)

Offline C40LF 801

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 05:37:42 pm »
No no this is a real (Q) but its not based off of the original yellow (Q) it's the orange (Q) which makes several stops along the orange lines.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 06:44:39 pm »
It might be real or fictional route (Q)? Some stations of SMEE (21st Street-Queensbridge, Roosevelt Island, 47th-50th Street, West 4th Street) are on F line in real (if I have the right map) and most stations (from DeKalb Av. to Brighton Beach) are for real... I'm a little bit confused  :D

But this doesn't change the fact it's a very nice route  ;)
The Q from 21st Street-Queensbridge is a simulation of the Orange Q line from 1999 when it ran via 6th Avenue express to Brighton Beach. I rode the Orange Q every single weekday when I was younger.

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 11:54:41 pm »
The route is beautiful! I will have a Full Route video up onto SubwayTrainOperator5's channel in a moment. Looking forward to the Astoria extension!
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 12:47:15 am »
I was having trouble putting the Q route on into my route folder, but I fix it by reediting the name because it said that "the name is too long". Just to let everyone(route developer) know that they have to make sure that the route file name is not too long, or else people who is putting these route into folder won't be able to because the route filename is too long. This is for future reference 

Offline vince_black

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • Czech BVE Page
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 04:42:08 am »
The Q from 21st Street-Queensbridge is a simulation of the Orange Q line from 1999 when it ran via 6th Avenue express to Brighton Beach. I rode the Orange Q every single weekday when I was younger.

OK, thanks for the explanation (also thanks to C40LF 801), that's great, because I prefer real lines. Especially those I used when I was in NYC (like C, for example).

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Offline HijauKuda

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 08:04:40 am »
@Vince,
Sad to see website www.bve.cz is offline.
I hope it will be back?
HK

Offline r160bve

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 01:04:11 pm »
This route is by far the best route we have. Hats off to everyone who contributed  ;D
Check out my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/csx8851

Offline Lance

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 12:45:48 pm »
For those who like 7z files, here you go:

Object files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7ocl61q4irvwwtd
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zamahhl29ny7k4k
Route/Sound files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6xfdoxjm8rg0u70

Let me know if there are any problems with the files.

Also a note/suggestion to the admins here: we have four different downtown (Q)s (three to Brooklyn and one fictional one) in the download section. Maybe we can consolidate these into the most recent versions, especially since the fictional (Q) to Perth Amboy has been included with the real routes. And if possible, can you guys organize the routes in alphanumeric order so we don't have to search for the route we want to download? Thanks in advance.

Lance.

'70s style service sign at Times Sq-42 St.

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2013, 01:09:00 pm »