BVEStation

Author Topic: Official Railworks: Train Simulator 2014 Videos and Screenshots Thread  (Read 98613 times)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
TS2014: Pacific Surfliner Cab Car Bell Pack Released
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2014, 09:54:20 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8dhIuFHv3E#

This is the Railworks Pacific Surfliner Cab Car Bell Replacement & Horn Volume Adjustment pack.

In order to utilize this freeware sound upgrade, you must have purchased the Pacific Surfliner Route Addon avaliable at Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/222606/

This is a freeware pack; in no way is it to be used for commercial purposes. You are free, however to further modify the sound enhancements found in this pack for personal use if you so choose.

The purpose of this pack is to replace the original default bell sound and adjust the horn sound volume in the Surfliner Cab Car.

The bell sounds (both the interior and exterior sounds) used in this pack are recorded off of the Alstom built Comet V cab cars that run on New Jersey Transit. Both the Comet V and the Surfliner Cabs were built by Alstom around the same time period (early 2000s), so their bells are fairly similar, if not actually the same make.

IMPORTANT; Install Instructions; Remember to ALWAYS create a backup file in case you need to revert.

1. Open the "PacificSurflinerAssets.ap" pack file with .7z and extract the contents into the PacificSurfliner Asset Folder.
2. Proceed to open folders until the directory reads "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RailWorks\Assets\RSC\PacificSurfliner\Audio\RailVehicles\Passenger\CaliCar\Cab".
3. Then open the "Railworks_Pacific_Surfliner_Cab_Car_Bell_Mod_Pack.rar" file.
4. Drag all three files from the .rar file into the directory opened in step 2.
5. Overwrite when prompted.
6. The installation should be complete. Run TS2014 to check.

Thank you for downloading and installing.
Enjoy =)

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xgmis82rs1on1zw/TS2014_Alstom_Pacific_Surfliner_Cab_Car_Bell_Mod_Pack.rar

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: Official Railworks: Train Simulator 2014 Videos and Screenshots Thread
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2014, 10:17:02 pm »
@Fan Railer Are you running this on Steam version or the physical copy version. The reason why i am asking is because steam version have so many bugs, and problem, which i am kinda of not enjoying it so much. I am really surprise that they are able to come out with more new content, instead of fixing the glitches and problem in the game. You always post amazing video. :)

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2014, 06:04:49 pm »
Just found out that the next train simulator will be build on a new engine called unreal engine 4. Its going to be completely new, basically all of the things will be build from scratch again. I just can't believe that i brought this game for nothing. Now they are going to release a new version. I don't know if i can trust them again. They really let me down.  :(
Here is the link http://www.engine-driver.com/article/show/4644/dovetail-games-begins-work-on-next-generation-train-simulator
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:08:41 pm by Pegasusleos4 »

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2014, 06:13:43 pm »
@Fan Railer Are you running this on Steam version or the physical copy version. The reason why i am asking is because steam version have so many bugs, and problem, which i am kinda of not enjoying it so much. I am really surprise that they are able to come out with more new content, instead of fixing the glitches and problem in the game. You always post amazing video. :)
Mine is a physical copy, but ultimately, there shouldn't be a difference between where you purchased the game, since the steam client on your computer updates the game to the latest version anyway. Can you be more specific about what kinds of bugs and problems you're experiencing? I do experiences crashes and bugs myself, but of course, you wouldn't know if I didn't tell you haha. And thanks for the compliment; I try.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2014, 06:15:54 pm »
Just found out that the next train simulator will be build on a new engine called unreal engine 4. Its going to be completely new, basically all of the things will be build from scratch again. I just can't believe that i brought this game for nothing. Now they are going to release a new version. I don't know if i can trust them again. They really let me down.  :(
Here is the link http://www.engine-driver.com/article/show/4644/dovetail-games-begins-work-on-next-generation-train-simulator
I wouldn't worry too much about it for now. It's still too early in the devel process to be throwing criticism around.

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2014, 09:45:16 pm »
It basically the same problem that other user who play train simulator 2014 steam encounter. Some of the common problem that i have is when i try to leave the station, the train won't won't budge. I try restarting the engine and it still doesn't move. I even try using the emergency brake, and slowly release the brake, and it still won't move. You can tell that i am not the only person that is upset when using this game on steam. When you go to the review section for train simulator 2014, you can see so many users give this game a thumbs down. Don't get me wrong, i do enjoy all of the content that the development team are releasing. It just that they don't want to fix the bug problem. I don't know if this is the steam engine workers who focus on fixing all of bugs fault or the one who makes this game for steam engine.

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2014, 10:16:34 pm »
Here is one of the route where my train won't move at all. I increase the power level to one and it still won't move. https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/870x653q90/829/jgg9.jpg

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2014, 10:08:11 pm »
Here is one of the route where my train won't move at all. I increase the power level to one and it still won't move. https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/870x653q90/829/jgg9.jpg
You DO notice that in that picture, you're in overhead wire territory, and your pantograph isn't raised, right?  ???

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2014, 11:20:57 pm »
I just realize it lol, but still the train won't move, even when i turn on the pantograph. Anyway, Did you saw the post that i put up about the next trainz game. They are basically using the same as engine as the next train simulator, which is unreal engine 4. Its unbelievable and amazing at the same time. Train simulator need to fix some of the bugs problem on steam in order to get back their star. Also for the next version of train simulator they need to incorporate the idea of multiplayers so that they can still be the number train simulator game still. :)

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2014, 09:48:38 am »
As you can see i increase the power to the second notch and it still won't move.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/870x653q90/631/30da04.jpg :(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:54:47 am by Pegasusleos4 »

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2014, 09:31:41 am »
As you can see i increase the power to the second notch and it still won't move.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/870x653q90/631/30da04.jpg :(
of course, the link is broken...

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2014, 11:03:19 pm »
try this link https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/870x653q90/908/8581e6.jpg
If I remember right, there is supposed to be a procedure that you need to go through to get the hitachi train to run. Make sure you've gone through that procedure. If you don't know what it is, you can go read the manual that is available on your hard drive and online for this specific train. You can run american diesel trains just fine, right?

Offline Pegasusleos4

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2014, 10:17:56 am »
Driving the American Trains such as Amtrak and other Disels weren't any problem for me, but sometime the game crash on me. Not only that but i also have trouble getting inside the passenger car view. For some reason when i try to go in to see the passenger view on the Amtrak EMD- AEM-7 Amtrak 5, it won't let me. These are some of the problems that i encounter. Hopefully they will be able to fix these problem in their next release of train simulator 2015 version. :) http://www.engine-driver.com/article/show/4681/train-simulator-2015-announced-for-18-september-2014. One of the ideas that i they should incorporate is train announcement in the station and on the train such as the metro north line.  :) :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:35:23 am by Pegasusleos4 »