BVEStation

Author Topic: (RELEASED) Official Update Thread For The Southbound D Line  (Read 140550 times)

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Official Update Thread For The Southbound D Line
« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2012, 01:35:23 am »
Actually you are not understanding what I was typing.  Let's review.

since all the stations in between are local stops only

If you were talking about the (D), this statement that YOU stated is false.  And in this case, anything past 36th or 59th per say (straight) to Coney Island, the (N) would be most logical.

You're thinking of the (N) past 59th Street.

I was stating your misconception of your previous STATED post.

Actually, according to the subway map, my statement was true

According to the subway map, your statement is FALSE. I bring up again that you STATED that all stops between 36th and Coney Island are local stops.  Which obviously is not true, (9 Avenue, 62nd Street, and Bay Parkway,) being the express stops.

even though 9th Avenue, 62nd Street and Bay Parkway have express platforms. But it is still possible to create an express route past 36th Street and have it stop at those 3 stations as an express

I never said it wasn't possible to create an express run from 36th to Coney Island.

--

Reading is a bit fundamental.

So let me get this straight, if those 3 stations have express platforms, and my statement was "FALSE", then why are they indicated as Local Only on the subway map? You'd think that would mean that it would be unrealistic for express trains to stop at them, even though it actually IS realistic. It is that error on the subway map that confused me, and I am sorry for that. I just made a small, innocent mistake, that's all, and I KNOW that you never said that creating a route like that is not possible, I just brought up the fact that when creating it, we can use the 3 stations so the express past 36th street stops at them, so I was technically answering ErrorMacro11 as well as correcting myself, so to speak. And what does knowing/not knowing how to read have to do with my misconceptions anyway? I know how to read, and I read your post carefully, and I know that you thought I was talking about the (N), responding to the post where I made the mistake, then I tried to verify it. End of story, it's done, case solved.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2012, 07:53:34 am »
Here we go again.

So let me get this straight, if those 3 stations have express platforms, and my statement was "FALSE", then why are they indicated as Local Only on the subway map? You'd think that would mean that it would be unrealistic for express trains to stop at them, even though it actually IS realistic.

Has is occurred to you that if they were listed as local stops, maybe because there is no express service on the West End?  Even if they were stated as a local stop on the subway maps, you'd assume with a screen name "Subway Train Operator," you'd definitely know that the West End has 3 express stops.

I know how to read, and I read your post carefully, and I know that you thought I was talking about the (N), responding to the post where I made the mistake, then I tried to verify it.

If you read my post and @Yankees post, you should have known you made the mistake and just left it like that or acknowledged it.  You didn't try to verify it, you went into a defensive aspect, pulling out subway maps and such to prove your point.

End of story, it's done, case solved.

You have been PM'd

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2012, 02:27:11 pm »
Okay, okay, now once again I just made a mistake, okay? And I knew I made the mistake once I saw YankeesPwnMets' post, I was not deliberately trying to defend myself, even though it looked like it. It is just that with the Local Service Only indicators for the stations, along with their express platforms, something just didn't add up to me. Also, I worded out my statements wrong, which made me sound like I was defending myself, even though I was just confused, so I am sorry for that confusion too. I edited my post about the 3 stations, for it to make more sense.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2012, 07:29:26 pm »
It's indicated local service at those stations because the (D) or (N) does not regularly(scheduled) make express stops at those stations via the Middle Track.
But the middle track does get used by re-routes,MOW trains or express use if in case there is a delay in service or congestion on the local(ie. sick passenger).

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2012, 07:47:11 pm »
It's indicated local service at those stations because the (D) or (N) does not regularly(scheduled) make express stops at those stations via the Middle Track.
But the middle track does get used by re-routes,MOW trains or express use if in case there is a delay in service or congestion on the local(ie. sick passenger).

Then if that's the case, then it would really be cool to have a route like that. Because, well, why not? There should also have a Northbound (D) Line too sometime in the future.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2012, 10:41:32 pm »
Then if that's the case, then it would really be cool to have a route like that. Because, well, why not? There should also have a Northbound (D) Line too sometime in the future.
There is using our imagination if you think about it when the (D) is completely done to C.I the developers can extend the line via the (F) possibly to Bay Pkwy or even further by adding probably some commands in the coding for switching to the (F) track and copying and pasting from C.I and beyond adding distances to the (D) coding from the (F).

Offline ARome

• Operator
  • One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2012, 11:40:03 pm »

Its being worked on... Its starting from stillwell av...

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2012, 08:17:08 pm »
Reading this post you guys really act like bitches smh lol

Anyways these possibilities will be made once HayleyWilliamsFan completes the main track work. In the mean time its currently at 18th Avenue or Bay 50th Street last time I checked with him.

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 11, 2012, 12:19:17 am »
Christ, peacemak3r, could you loosen up a bit? I'm a fan of express/local routes and all that good stuff, but you have to realize that it's just a game, and you're not at liberty to jurisdict where the routes go and don't go.

Short answer is that even though they're express stations the D doesn't run express service. At one point the brown M used to terminate at Bay Parkway so that would have cut the express service in half.

I haven't tried the route yet but it sounds like it'll be fun. Keep up the good work, JayJay.

BStyles

Offline streetriot

• New Recruit
  • CEO-NYCTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 11, 2012, 02:10:22 am »
Ya act like my girl on her period.smh.ya some grown men.who care who right or wrong.insted of working with each other ya turning this into a facebook for trains
mr motorman, is the man

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 11, 2012, 03:52:52 pm »
@BStyles, you were not understanding the type of argument that was at hand.  If you can't handle the blunt responses then keep the comments to yourself.

@streetriot, I'm not even going to start with someone with horrible grammar at that.

All in all this was closed some time ago, I think February?  It's May, move on kids.

Offline BStyles

• Head Admin
  • Operator
  • The CEO
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 11, 2012, 09:59:18 pm »
Let me ask you something. Do you really know who you're talking to? You backtalked to about three administrators already, and you clearly have no respect for people much older, and do a lot more than whatever it is, that you do. Because if you actually had a cent of respect in your body then you wouldn't have derailed the topic of someone whom I respect, and who's trying to show us something enlightening.

Or is it because you think you're a global moderator you run the site, and can talk to people how you feel like? And no, I will not put this in a PM because I do speak my mind on this site, and and saying this privately will not solve anything.

BStyles
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:01:12 pm by BStyles »

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #207 on: May 11, 2012, 10:18:53 pm »
Can we just stop this all please? its a bit pointless. And i do agree with BStyles
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2012, 12:05:30 am »
Let me ask you something. Do you really know who you're talking to? You backtalked to about three administrators already, and you clearly have no respect for people much older, and do a lot more than whatever it is, that you do. Because if you actually had a cent of respect in your body then you wouldn't have derailed the topic of someone whom I respect, and who's trying to show us something enlightening.

Or is it because you think you're a global moderator you run the site, and can talk to people how you feel like? And no, I will not put this in a PM because I do speak my mind on this site, and and saying this privately will not solve anything.

BStyles

Well said.

Offline Blue18

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • OpenBVE Connection
« Reply #209 on: May 12, 2012, 11:31:35 am »
This thread is now locked. Once the developer has another update, then this will be re-opened.