BVEStation

Author Topic: Braking Problem and what is ATS  (Read 5150 times)

Offline Mike

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Braking Problem and what is ATS
« on: July 05, 2013, 03:24:16 pm »
I have changed my controls to be like MSTS and I cannot get the brakes to work. I am set it to back-apostrophe (') but it does not work.

I have finally figured out most of the symbols on the lower part of the display but I do not know what ATS and ATS Run are. Is there something that toggles them? What are they?

Thanks for the help. I really do enjoy the graphics and all of OpenBVE very much. A BIG change when coming from MSTS.

Mike

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
Re: Braking Problem and what is ATS
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 07:56:12 am »
I have changed my controls to be like MSTS and I cannot get the brakes to work. I am set it to back-apostrophe (') but it does not work.

I have finally figured out most of the symbols on the lower part of the display but I do not know what ATS and ATS Run are. Is there something that toggles them? What are they?

Thanks for the help. I really do enjoy the graphics and all of OpenBVE very much. A BIG change when coming from MSTS.

Mike
I suggest just using default controls, ie, learn them. If you can't get the controls back to default by manipulating them, then replace the controls file found in your directory folder with the original file found in the .zip of the directory, which you should still have.

ATS is simply a feature that prevents the train from overspeeding. However, they are only functional if certain commands are coded into the route file. If the commands in the route file are there, you can toggle the ATS feature using keys 2 and 3 (default). The ATS feature will be available in the WMATA Red Line update pack that'll be released soon.

Offline Mike

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 12:05:07 pm »
I figured out the braking problem. It was a key naming problem. Everything works great now.

So I guess it is good to have ATS on.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

Offline Threxx1

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 01:32:57 pm »
Actually, on trains that use animated rollsigns like the R46 and the coming R38, having the ATS on is a bad thing, as it disables your abliity to use the rollsigns properly. Plus, most routes haven't been coded to use ATS, so it doesn't matter in the long run.

Offline Mike

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 02:09:25 pm »
Interesting! Okay, I will not use it. I have to be careful though as I have been warned multiple times I am going over 60 MPH. I guess that is bad for a subway! LOL

Thanks.

Mike