BVEStation

Author Topic: Official Tips On Buying Digital Camera (Official)  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Danny Express

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • DS Forever Photography
Official Tips On Buying Digital Camera (Official)
« on: September 05, 2012, 11:00:13 pm »
Official Tips On Buying A Camera

Well in this thread, I will explain on how and what tips to used when looking to buy a Digital Camera (Whether its DSLR or a Simple Point And Shoot), Whatever you can think of, this is the thread to read and learn how to buy a digital camera. (And yes the administration of the site approved of me doing this)

Looking For The Features/Tools You'll Want
Well if you're looking for specific features that you want your camera to have (Which may include HD Video, Panorama Photo) and etc) Then I'll recommend you make sure you include that as for the camera specifications and features. In my opinion though, DO NOT DO Panorama from the camera. It's better to it from you the computer manually because the camera will lower the quality and if you do it on a DSLR, it will make the picture suck (Like really sucks). As for HD Video, I can understand because HD is better video quality and yes a lot of people try to go for HD so thats a reasonable feature. If there's anything I'm missing about this part of the tips, feel free to message me.

Deciding A Camera Brand(s)   
Next important tip I need to bring up is Deciding a Camera Brand to buy and to keep. Before choosing a camera model or anything you need to decide what Brand or Brands you want to look into. Do some extra research on what Brand interests you, read the reviews on the pros/cons the brand has. Go by what you're interested and like to have (not just for just being fancy). I can't just say “Oh Get a Nikon, Oh Get a Canon, oh this and that ”. No decide among yourselfs what interests you.

Camera Models
 Now that we know what camera brand(s) to look into and all leads down to deciding a camera model. Do some research on what models you want to try out and where and when you can try them and ask yourself  “If its a reasonable, worth price?” Go to a Camera store (For example B&H) and try out different camera models, Take notes on the weight of the camera, how comfortable the camera is, what suits you the best and narrow it down)

Your Digital Camera
So when you make your final choice, double check and make sure you really want the camera. As to where to buy the camera's look at different stores/official websites before buying it because certain stores might have it cheaper than others. So if you followed this tip and bought your camera, Have fun with it and learn how to take great photos with it

There will be a separate topic on how to take better photos with your camera really soon. With that said have a great day