BVEStation

Author Topic: (WIP) Official Update Thread for the NYCTA IRT Routes  (Read 183546 times)

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
Re: (WIP) Official Update Thread for the NYCTA IRT Routes
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2016, 01:30:27 pm »
5 BETA for openBVE is out. Read the description for the DL link:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozYdmjkohN0[/youtube]

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2016, 06:19:26 pm »
Great work!

Offline ARome

• Operator
  • One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 22, 2016, 06:54:07 pm »
First off, the 5 is not supposed to be released as a BETA, and someone else is working on this.
This is definitely a slap in the face for the developers working on the 5 and other routes. Hence why people are going to not release any routes.

Offline Fan Railer

• Global Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer
    • View Profile
    • Fan Railer's YouTube Channel
« Reply #228 on: December 22, 2016, 07:33:21 pm »
Talk to the person who released this.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #229 on: December 27, 2016, 10:50:15 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4KqZUB0DDg

This is my custom 5 BETA from Dyre to East 180th St. In the video there are some objects missing (i.e ballast where the northbound express track is suppose to be.) The route looks nicer when it has all the objects lol :P . This 5 is not involved with anyone, only me. I have no say in the other 5 routes right now.

RELEASE:
The 5 is ready to be released, I'm just waiting on a developer to give me the go ahead so I release it.

Offline MRROSSNOW

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 27, 2016, 11:13:50 am »
well thank you to WHOMEVER released it! I was getting VERY BORED driving the same routes! some of the files didnt work for me like the sound files but I am still greatful!

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 27, 2016, 11:59:33 pm »
Why do we have 2 developers on the (5) train from Dyre to Bowling Green/Flatbush Av?  ??? ???  If someone is already developing it, let them develop and move on to another line @ztraintobroad or help them develop (if they want your help). It doesn't help to have 2 developers on one route competing to see "who's route is better" when we have PLENTY of other lines not coded yet. Yes, there will be some differences between the routes but it is a nonfiction line, so there should be none. Since we know you can code for BVE, can you code a route that is not in development by someone else? It will help all of us to complete coding the subway system for BVE faster.

Offline yankees8318

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2016, 12:18:37 am »
I am the developer of the original BETA (5), but I am currently working on a newer version of it to Flatbush Avenue

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #233 on: December 28, 2016, 12:38:11 am »
I started working on the (5) 6 months ago. I did not know of the other (5) beta being developed until the chaos in UTMS erupted. I am not just working on the (5), I'm working on the (7) and (S) as well. I plan on finishing the (5) since I'm further into the route then the other (5) BETA. So right now it honestly doesn't really matter.

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2016, 01:22:28 am »
I started working on the (5) 6 months ago. I did not know of the other (5) beta being developed until the chaos in UTMS erupted. I am not just working on the (5), I'm working on the (7) and (S) as well. I plan on finishing the (5) since I'm further into the route then the other (5) BETA. So right now it honestly doesn't really matter.

I understand all of that. The only issue that I have realized with you is that you did not contact the lead developers before you started developing those routes, as all of them (the (7) and if your working on the 42nd street (S), it is being worked on by someone too lol) are being developed by different people. Please, please, and PLEASE ask one of the lead developers (RF9197, BStyles, JayJay85, Mr. Railfan, ARome or DJ Hammers) before you start developing. And also, unless you have the official track maps/diagrams from the MTA that they use today (not nycsubway.org, as those maps are garbage today lmao) you can't develop totally new lines as the distances and curves will be wrong, unless your reverse coding like me (the line was already done in one direction, I am coding it in the opposite direction). Even if your "further into the route", contact the developer and co-develop it if they are willing to do so, as they have worked on it for 8-9 months. Lastly, your doing too much as you have 3 routes here. Focus on one project at a time, complete it, and move to the next project.

EDIT: added information straight from the developer

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2016, 01:40:25 am »
What is with everyone saying I'm using track maps from NYCSubway.org?? I'm using the actual real track maps here, a combination of the NYC Track Map Book and by railfanning the window along these lines. No one was doing the 42nd ST shuttle last time I checked, my 7 is practically done already just needs a few updates and scenery, and the 5 is already at 125 St.  I'm not quiting these projects.

And just to add on, my (7) has been in development since 2014.  I have asked developers of they needed help with their routes, they said no. Either way, these routes are getting done. Besides, who cares at this point? The only thing that matters to me is to finish all of the routes for BVE for 2017, so whoever releases their routes first is not decided by me, but I'm not quiting.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 02:13:20 am by Ztraintobroad »

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2016, 02:02:57 am »
What is with everyone saying I'm using track maps from NYCSubway.org?? I'm using the actual real track maps here. No one was doing the 42nd ST shuttle last time I checked, my 7 is practically done already just needs a few updates and scenery, and the 5 is already at 125 St.  I'm not quiting these projects.

Wow. So you have the official track maps, huh?

1. Your not supposed to have those, since you don't work for the MTA.
2. Have fun at Rikers for having illegal content  :-X :-X :-X
3. I'm not saying quit the projects. I said co-develop if possible.
4. The 42nd St (S) is being worked on by someone, but I'm not stating their name without their permission. Like I said, you needed to have asked one of the developers for permission to develop the routes before you started. This prevents the overlapping projects issue that you have right now and prevents people from telling you that you need to stop projects that you have invested time in because some else has more work done than you. We are a community, and it is beneficial for everyone to know what everyone is doing to prevent stuff for BVE from being coded twice.

Ztraintobroad

« Reply #237 on: December 28, 2016, 02:11:55 am »
So if you mean that, then that means all the other developers on here who don't work for MTA could go to rikers...

But let's just stop this conversation now since we are going off topic.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 02:14:33 am by Ztraintobroad »

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2016, 02:18:52 am »
So if you mean that, then that means all the other developers on here who don't work for MTA could go to rikers...

What? The people that have the official track maps are the lead developers, who work for the MTA. So........ Back to the topic at hand. Nice to see more content for the IRT lines!!!!!!!

Offline TheExpress/XD60

• Developer
  • New Recruit
  • NYCTA Train Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 28, 2016, 11:09:36 am »
What? The people that have the official track maps are the lead developers, who work for the MTA. So........ Back to the topic at hand. Nice to see more content for the IRT lines!!!!!!!

Not every lead developer here is a MTA worker, but many have their hands on track maps. Don't badger him for his work on the 5 because its his work. Just because he is maybe not a know developer doesnt automatically mean he has to give up his developing rights just because some else who is known has been doing it. OpenBVE is an open-source game remember that he is free to do what he wants. Don't tell him he can't release something if it's his work. With that said this 5 beta looks really good