BVEStation

Author Topic: BVE"BRR"  (Read 9548 times)

Offline trainz2011

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
BVE"BRR"
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:08:26 pm »
Yeah I Need help on using bve route randomizer ??

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: BVE"BRR"
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 03:16:31 pm »
Check this out:
If you have a shortcut for the program, go directly to step 6
Quote from: ipac
How to use BVE Route Randomizer
by ipaclansite

Requirements:
BVE 2
BVE Route Randomizer.
Difficulty: Medium (Creating of shortcuts, Accessing Directories)

How to use BVE Route Randomizer (A video version of this tutorial is also availble please visit the video tutorials if you can.)

Assuming you have BVE Route Randomizer Installed, now its time to use it. If for some reason BVE Route randomizer hasn't created a shortcut on the desktop, well have to go look for it.
1. Click My Computer
2. Navigate to the folder where you installed BVE, the default location would be C:\Program Files\BVE\Railway\Object\BRR
3. Lets make a shortcut to the desktop if it wasn't made.
4. Right click BRR10.exe > Send to > Desktop (Create Shortcut) and it will create a shortcut.
5. Lets close down all the windows and return to the desktop.
6. Open up the shortcut we just created. You can always rename it later.
7. Select your route on the left side, and select the train on the right side, then click select on top.
8. Choose your settings, like Random Signalling to change the default signals, I like to change it to pretend there are "delays" Or Change the time table, There are other settings there too you can go and play around and experiment with them, as they dont touch your original route at all. You can also start BVE in developer mode for extra features.
9. After you have selected all your goodie old settings click Start BVE, and BVE 2 will start up, with all the settings you have selected
10. Now go for a drive and have fun! The next time you want to use BVE Route Randomizer again, its on the desktop!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 03:18:40 pm by Pacific385 »

Offline trainz2011

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 03:27:01 pm »
Ok. I Wanna Know How to pute routes on others routes like this. http://youtu.be/WBf4-WvG91o

Offline Orion V CNG #748

• Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 04:14:48 pm »
Ok. I Wanna Know How to pute routes on others routes like this. http://youtu.be/WBf4-WvG91o
The route in that video is actually the A line. The user used the R160 and different announcements to make it seem like a real re-route. So basically thats really the A route used with R160 announcements. The purpose of BRR is really to put you in different tracks. (Example: your going downtown to your next stop but you end up on an uptown track) or "Wrong-railing".
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 04:19:44 pm by Orion V CNG #748 »

Offline trainz2011

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 09:44:15 pm »
so your saying i can do that?

Offline trainz2011

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 09:59:54 pm »
Ok... Can You Help Me With That?

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 10:06:46 pm »
Ok... Can You Help Me With That?
At the moment I do not have time to provide a detailed explanation. Look in the "sound" folder, which is inside your "railway" folder wherever you put your openBVE add-ons.

In the sound folder are folders containing the announcement sound files for routes. Find the folder for the A line announcements, and replace the existing files there with your own announcements (getting automated announcements for the A line is up to you). Make sure that the files you put in for each announcement have EXACTLY the same file-name as the files you replaced.

Sorry this is slightly confusing (It was confusing to me too at first, 7 years ago when I started out with BVE), but for now this is how openBVE handles sound files
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:10:12 pm by Dj Hammers »

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 10:29:46 pm »
If you guys want to wait , i will have a scenarios pack update on the F real soon featuring the F via the A and C to Euclid or Lefferts, with the proper announcements.

If you want to modify it yourself for private use , you can open up the desired route file and change the location and name of the Departure and arrival sound
EX :
 .sta 207th Street;11.2800;11.2830;0;1;1;ats;;10;50;\A\207th_dep.wav, 

Arrival sound :

,.Announce 190_arr.wav,

. The new code you put in must link up to the sound folder in the sound directory EX: Sound/A1/190_arr.wav

Offline trainz2011

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 06:49:22 pm »
Yeah It's Confusing now.. And how long would it take?

Offline bigbellymon4

• Operator
  • Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 09:52:39 pm »
Sorry 4 the extremely late post but 2 answer trainz2011 question, all u need 2 do is find the (A) route file, make sure its a .csv (Comma Seperated Values flie). open the file using excel and then find the stations u need 2 edit. like what Mr Railfan said, u find the specfic line containing the 207th st stop and edit it accordingly.

Offline HijauKuda

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 09:13:07 am »
It is not recommended to use Excel to edit BVE or openBVE CSV files (either routes or objects),
as Excel makes a big mess of standard UTP8 formatting, inserting many unecessary trailing characters on each line.
Unfortunately MS-Excel is often the default application that opens CSV files on Windows computers with a double click.
A better choice is to right click on the CSV and open it with NotePad or better yet NotePad2(freeware, google it).
Just friendly advice that may save hours of clean up later.

Offline Bombardier01800

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
    • View Profile
    • MBTA and NJT Transit Forums
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 08:07:18 pm »
Notepad++ is also a great editor. Bluefish editor if you're on Linux
Jose
BVEStation Administrator