BVEStation

Author Topic: The D Line (train traffic)  (Read 17941 times)

Offline metroII

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: The D Line (train traffic)
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 11:26:01 pm »
Over the bridge i dont go past 20 and i still catch up.
jbetancourt

Offline Mistro

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 12:36:46 am »
Ive never had a problem with it. Until i get to Atlantic Ave then i got to wait about 2-3 mins before the A.I train decides to move. Even on the Q at Dekalb Ave, the signals
allow to me to reach "bumper to bumper" to the train infront of me.

You're driving WAY too fast then. The static train does not follow speed restrictions (cause they weren't coded in), nor the signals (supposed to be timers around that section), so ideally, you should be driving around 15 mph the entire journey across the bridge and even slower entering the portal.

There's no route errors (not regarding derailments), so just take it slow next time, and you shouldn't see this problem.

I ran into the same problem even after taking it slow. I even thought to myself that maybe I did move faster than I should have and just waited for the train to move. I wait for a long time and gave up, jumping to the station. So even if we catch up to an AI train, shouldn't they move at some point? It happened to me on the "F" express line at 18th ave but the train did move shortly after I pulled in back of it.

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 12:56:07 am »
For that, and future references, when you pull up to an AI train that dies not move within the first few minutes, then that means that either the train has derailed or there is some sort of bug somewhere
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline peacemak3r

• Dispatcher
  • NYCTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 11:58:57 am »
I know once I had an A.I. train stuck at a station for around 5 minutes.  After that time the train did start moving again so I'd assume that maybe the A.I. train came early on it's schedule?

Offline coneyislandDFNQ

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Route & Object Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 01:04:46 pm »
I know once I had an A.I. train stuck at a station for around 5 minutes.  After that time the train did start moving again so I'd assume that maybe the A.I. train came early on it's schedule?

After further checking. The A.I. train follows your distance and actions.

Example: If you pull into a station late, chances are hes pulling into the station late as well.

The reason i said it could be the coding due to the fact that the station wait and time arrival plays a role

Offline Port Washington Local

• Conductor
  • Network Systems Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 04:50:33 pm »
I think these A.I. trains are on their own schedule. Each time I run this route and go over speed, I get to 145 St. with a train in it, and wind up being held for time.

Here's what I mean:

OpenBVE - Kawasaki R143 on southbound D line

And no, I wasn't tripped. I threw the train into emergency because I had to step away from the controller. I stopped just prior to the ball.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:58:49 pm by Port Washington Local »

Offline Dr. Subway18

• Operator
  • proud 1999 Kenworth W900B owner(NTC cummins, 10sp)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 01:46:11 am »
can you tell me how you got the (D) to work? what did you do? mines says its missing 850 files or so

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 02:18:10 pm »
can you tell me how you got the (D) to work? what did you do? mines says its missing 850 files or so
You made a post about this already. Please stick to one post, and please wait for a response instead of posting on other topics about the same problem.
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline LexingtonAvExp

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 06:53:23 pm »
I just take out the timers in every single route I have. That way I dont wait like 2 minutes for a train to move lol

Offline Dr. Subway18

• Operator
  • proud 1999 Kenworth W900B owner(NTC cummins, 10sp)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 01:21:25 am »
I'm sorry about that just was a corrupt file and i will stay on one post i promise lol ;)