BVEStation

Author Topic: Subway Accident Flashback...  (Read 3084 times)

Offline [CT1660]

• Dispatcher
  • openBVE Developer, OMSI Repainter & Engine Modder
    • View Profile
    • Enter The Lair
Subway Accident Flashback...
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:21:54 am »
Around last month, or so, I was going back home from school. So as soon as I got to the Main St station, MTA workers just closed the station, and told me that the (7) line was temporarily shut down.

(since all (7) trains are currently pure R62A's, i'm only mentioning (7) for this)

So ok, there was a shuttle bus that made up for the (7) service.

They were announcing that there had been a passenger accident in 90th st, thus, a police investigation.

As soon as the bus reached junction blvd, they announced that (7) service was resuming. So I decided to get on the (7) just to see what exactly happened. Yes, the manhattan bound (7) was forced to run on the express track.

Once the train nearly approached 90th st, there was a (7) that was stopped in the middle of the station (on the manhattan bound track), and the front car had the storm door open. A little further, and there were about 10 cops, and apparently, they had a dead person's body on a stretcher (was covered in a white sheet).

EDIT: found a link that reports this incident
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/person-hit-by-7-train-in-queens-20110405-KC

Who knows if the person was pushed into the tracks, committed suicide, or accidentally slipped and fell (it was a rainy day). sadly, i doubt that this was on the news. There was blood on the tracks.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:55:01 pm by NYZ3R0DAY »

Offline pitor160

• Operator
  • BVEStation Contibutor
    • View Profile
Re: Subway Accident Flashback...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 02:54:00 pm »
I feel sorry for that guy and screw the person who pushed him
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:32:43 pm by ipac »