BVEStation

Author Topic: (RELEASED) Official Development thread for the R46 for OpenBVE  (Read 248666 times)

Offline dehrlich37

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
Re: (RELEASED) Official Development thread for the R46 for OpenBVE
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2012, 03:54:36 pm »
I don't want to bug anybody, but what's the percentage of the exterior and when is going to be done? I'm just so excited and can't wait for this exterior. It's going to be awesome!!!

Offline dehrlich37

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2012, 03:56:39 pm »
I was actually in NYC last thursday, this was the only subway model I took while I was there. I was looking around, the exterior was just like the one on the last page of this thread. The sounds were the same but one R46 was just a little bit different.

Offline rstar

• Operator
  • MailMan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2012, 04:37:32 pm »
Error OMG I would like to see the cab ;D

Offline Smooth23

• Conductor
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2012, 04:46:42 pm »
Wow that train is amazing  :o ;D

Offline Ben

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2012, 05:32:27 pm »
It's looking great! Keep up the good work. :)

There's one more thing you need to do in your truck before it's deemed accurate and precise: remove the tripcock on the left side of the R46 truck. Only IRT trucks have the tripcock on that side. IND/BMT trucks have it on the other side.

correct, but if the train reverses, it has the tripcock on the wrong side. So, in my opinion, it should be on both sides

Another thing you should note. Since DJ Hammers said that your trucks will be used in his trains, there's three changes you need to make.

1) Tripcocks: they need to be changed to match IRT standards (as mentioned before)
2) Springs - they are yellow on the IRT. You could also get brown springs - steel dust accumulates over time.
3) The entire yellow wooden beam needs a different texture. The wooden beams on the IRT are higher than the IRT/BMT ones, but the contact shoe level stays the same. There will be something under the wooden beam connecting the contact shoe to it, as circled here:

Those are the three main (and the most obvious) differences between the IRT trucks and the IND/BMT trucks.

I think I might just revive my project. You are starting to motivate me to create something like this.  :)
The little brother of error46146

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2012, 05:53:10 pm »
Wow! That is some amazing work!

Will the door indicator lights be animated?

Offline Dr. Subway18

• Operator
  • proud 1999 Kenworth W900B owner(NTC cummins, 10sp)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2012, 06:06:41 pm »
PLEASE release her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so when do you think it will be ready for release, i really appreciate your dedication to BVE

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2012, 06:26:03 pm »
PLEASE release her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so when do you think it will be ready for release, i really appreciate your dedication to BVE

It is quite close to completion, but just be patient, the developers and everyone else get annoyed when people can not be patient. Remember the famous saying: it will be done when it's done.
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2012, 06:26:58 pm »
Thats beautiful! I have many questions to ask about this train.
DjHamemers already asked one.
Will lighting be controlled(interior)?
Can there be spark effects added when the train goes over the switch?
These are just general questions because the London Underground Stock 1995 stock has those features with the sparks and lighting and also door indicator lighting up

Offline BeeRyDavis

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2012, 06:43:08 pm »
I take it this will be released before the R32. It looks nice. Hope to see these new trains soon.

Offline Dj Hammers

• Head Admin
  • Supervisor
  • 7 Years of Developing for openBVE!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2012, 07:11:36 pm »
Thats beautiful! I have many questions to ask about this train.
DjHamemers already asked one.
Will lighting be controlled(interior)?
Can there be spark effects added when the train goes over the switch?
These are just general questions because the London Underground Stock 1995 stock has those features with the sparks and lighting and also door indicator lighting up
I was actually talking about the door indicator lights but yes interior lighting too would be a great touch.

Offline error46146

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • Photography by me.
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2012, 12:01:07 am »
I will try to have everything ready by the end of January. Rikabs is almost done with the exterior, and I will try to finish up the sounds ASAP. This has now taken priority over the R32 on my to-do list since it is so close to completion.

The cab will remain the same for now (sorry if you anyone thought otherwise) as I do not have any cab photos of the R46. I have however made a couple of tweaks to it (put in enabler, improved handling, etc) to update it to the way the R46's are now.

Third rail arcing (sparks) as far as I understand is embedded into the route, not the train..please feel free to inform me however if you know a way to put it in the train.

Door indicator light will definitely be there .. I will try to make the enablers work as well. Interior lighting cannot be controlled as there is no way (that I know) of doing this- however you can change the rollsign/side LCD sign though.

The great thing about the exterior view is that it rocks and sways just like a real R46 would too.. I'll put up a video soon for you guys

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2012, 12:19:20 am »
Sounds great. Take your time, make this as awesome as possible. You already gave away your old Beta with JayJay85's exterior, so give us a surprise, by making it ten times better! ;D
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline Gong Gahou

• Operator
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2012, 01:49:47 am »
correct, but if the train reverses, it has the tripcock on the wrong side. So, in my opinion, it should be on both sides
Oh, good! You see that there is a contradiction. You are right, it will be on the wrong side, but I made no mistake about the fact that there's only one tripcock on each truck. So what does that mean? It means that, especially at terminals, there will be two sets of trip stops (the yellow T-shaped levers) for each track, and they will both cover the left and the right side of the track. That way, you'd avoid having two tripcocks on each truck, because that would mean two extra trip cocks for each car, which is unnecessary.
Previously known as pjiang6211

Offline Rikabs

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2012, 02:29:21 pm »
Hey guys, sorry about my hiatus from the BVE community. I've been busy with school and stuff. Anyways just wanted to let you know that the project is going along great with the model pretty much done. (The tripcock discrepancy mentioned by Gong Gahou has been corrected.)
I just need to add the icing on the cake which includes the door indicator lights and headlights. I will first start working on the headlights but first I need some help. Do you guys know where I can get these light images similar to the one shown below? If there is a website that has a collection of these for OpenBVE use it would be nice.

These images would make the glow effect on the headlights/taillights instead of a normal boring light source.