BVEStation

Author Topic: (WIP) Official Updated Thread for the (B) (D) and (N) Lines  (Read 109276 times)

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
Re: (B) (D) and (N) Line Update.
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2013, 07:18:00 pm »
Next time there's a route release or update, i will make a post and tell if i need Beta testers.  8)

Offline YankeesPwnMets

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Lexington Av Express
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2013, 10:39:41 pm »
Another suggestion for the work train route, I think you should implement a 25 km/h speed limit after the yellow signals in a station. Work trains usually don't bypass stations at a high rate of speed and forcing the train to slow down in the station with speed limits would be nice. Adding more reroute scenarios such as a Q or F via West End/Sea Beach would be nice as well

On the other hand, you might want to be a bit strict on who you choose to BETA test. I'm sure that some members who want nothing but to get the route early and leave. I don't think it was too long ago when new members began to beg on literally every topic for a BETA copy.

Offline metroII

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2013, 12:19:57 am »
where is the R33 garbage train? I didnt see anything about it, also in the Garbage run, the sky looks like im driving under a big black hole into oblivion lol that normal?

thanks
jbetancourt

Offline Nicholas Blonski

• Operator
  • OMSI, openBVE, and Transit videomaker.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2013, 01:19:24 am »
where is the R33 garbage train? I didnt see anything about it, also in the Garbage run, the sky looks like im driving under a big black hole into oblivion lol that normal?

thanks

Apparently, the dark sky towards the end of the route on the West End line is supposed to be nighttime, as the sun has gone down as you drive from Astoria to Bay 50th. So I guess it is normal
A.K.A Skinnylee2 (http://www.youtube.com/skinnylee2). I am also the fill-in guy for SubwayTrainOperator5, so I sometimes upload openBVE videos onto his channel.
Favourite engine sound: Detroit Diesel Series 50
Favourite transmission sound: Allison B400R4/5
Talk smack to me on this forum and you will be reported to a moderator. No exceptions.

Offline Threxx1

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2013, 08:00:47 am »
and this is why i need beta testers and more time to fix all the stuff with the route before release.

I'm willing to beta test the route when you need people.

Offline vince_black

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
    • Czech BVE Page
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2013, 08:18:27 am »
This.

The bugs should not be intrusive, as in effecting the gameplay, and you should be able to play it fine. The errors might be pointed at a static train, and you should just ignore em. I could iron them out but this take time and people wanted the route out ASAP.

OK, I do it often. In that case I thought I could see only "rails on green meadow"  :D, but I didn't try those updated routes yet.

Yesterday I downloaded newer LisaRaye2.exe file and number of errors was decreased from 91 to 6  8)

Offline Haven

• Dispatcher
  • Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors Please *DingDong*
    • View Profile
    • SEPTATransitFan's Youtube Channel Please Subscribe!!
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2013, 08:55:53 am »
@Mr. Railfan, you have testers on the Teamspeak server. We always give you feedback
http://www.youtube.com/user/havenas1020yt
Please Subscribe To My Youtube Channel

Offline R36 #9346

• New Recruit
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2013, 11:12:37 pm »
I have been driving the N and Q routes from Astoria, and I found some things which I think are bugs:

On all of the stations on the Astoria Line, the exit stairs should be facing away from each other, not towards each other as they are in the route.
←]   [→, not [→   ←].

The Astoria Boulevard station has a shelter on the Manhattan-bound platform around the stair facing the south end of the platform.
It appears in this photo: 1172

There appears to be two signals too close together between Ditmars and Astoria Boulevard.

Two signals appear too close together on the middle track at Broadway.

The lower level platform at Queensboro Plaza (yes, the B is lower case, and the -ugh is omitted) is too far away from the curve. It should be closer to the GT15 sign. Remember that the east end of the lower level platform is actually below the diamond on the upper level.

The signal beyond Queensboro Plaza should be a home signal ( track.section 0;0;2, track.sigF [appropriate home signal object with bottom green];
  • ;[y] ).

The curves beyond QBP are not sharp enough.

The behavior of the timers on the ramp down to the portal doesn't feel right. They should behave, given the proper route selection, so that the train clears the aforementioned curves outside Queensboro, then allow the train to accelerate to about 35 or 40 by the time the train reaches the portal, then get close to 60 by the bottom of the tunnel.

The curves at both ends of 5th Avenue are not sharp enough.

Anyway, just my 5 cents.

This is what happens when you install Portal 2 on an R160 computer.

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2013, 09:18:57 pm »
I have been driving the N and Q routes from Astoria, and I found some things which I think are bugs:

On all of the stations on the Astoria Line, the exit stairs should be facing away from each other, not towards each other as they are in the route.
←]   [→, not [→   ←].

The Astoria Boulevard station has a shelter on the Manhattan-bound platform around the stair facing the south end of the platform.
It appears in this photo: 1172

There appears to be two signals too close together between Ditmars and Astoria Boulevard.

Two signals appear too close together on the middle track at Broadway.

The lower level platform at Queensboro Plaza (yes, the B is lower case, and the -ugh is omitted) is too far away from the curve. It should be closer to the GT15 sign. Remember that the east end of the lower level platform is actually below the diamond on the upper level.

The signal beyond Queensboro Plaza should be a home signal ( track.section 0;0;2, track.sigF [appropriate home signal object with bottom green];
  • ;[y] ).

The curves beyond QBP are not sharp enough.

The behavior of the timers on the ramp down to the portal doesn't feel right. They should behave, given the proper route selection, so that the train clears the aforementioned curves outside Queensboro, then allow the train to accelerate to about 35 or 40 by the time the train reaches the portal, then get close to 60 by the bottom of the tunnel.

The curves at both ends of 5th Avenue are not sharp enough.

Anyway, just my 5 cents.

Thank you for the input.

I will see what i can do about the stair and the shelter at Astoria blvd. The double signal problem has been fixed.
I did not code Queensboro plaza and it would take a complete overhall to fix it. Plus the stations could only be put at 25 meter intervals and not at like meter mark 18014, but rather rounded up to meter mark 18025.

The signal beyond Queensboro plaza is a automatic as depicted in the official track book.

"The behavior of the timers on the ramp down to the portal doesn't feel right. They should behave, given the proper route selection, so that the train clears the aforementioned curves outside Queensboro, then allow the train to accelerate to about 35 or 40 by the time the train reaches the portal, then get close to 60 by the bottom of the tunnel."

This is where you are wrong. The signal information is taken from a track book and the signals clear at 15-20 mph all the way to the homeball before the portal. Remember the train merges with the (R) just after and often has to hold at the homeball for the (R) to cross infront. The timers are also set up so that you can not reach 60 mph. The last timer clears at 50 mph, although when timed properly you can hit 55-56 before the train starts slowing down from the uphill. Remember the signal Information is from a track book and not made up.

Offline ???????????????

• Regular Developer
  • Supervisor
  • ??????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2013, 11:56:42 am »
hmm i finished making R160 Q Find working and yall can use it for Q route astoria to brighton exp

download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u7uvm5228f2jngm

please do read at train.dat before u start the game
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:00:49 pm by Mudwrestle »

« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2013, 03:26:39 pm »
This is nice! :), we need one for the R143 for the (L) ^.^

« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2013, 03:41:11 pm »
When I press 2 and 3 in OpenBVE, they don't change. Whats wrong?

Offline ???????????????

• Regular Developer
  • Supervisor
  • ??????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2013, 05:32:09 pm »
When I press 2 and 3 in OpenBVE, they don't change. Whats wrong?

wat window do u using?

« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2013, 05:34:30 pm »
Windows 7. The R160 E FIND works swell, but this one however, doesnt :/ .

Offline ???????????????

• Regular Developer
  • Supervisor
  • ??????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2013, 05:41:05 pm »
Windows 7. The R160 E FIND works swell, but this one however, doesnt :/ .

hmm strange... try twice time press 2 / 3 button?