BVEStation

Author Topic: (RELEASED) R68 OpenBve [Cab Preview]  (Read 79437 times)

Offline SubwayTrainOperator5

• Dispatcher
  • R44, R46, and R68 fan / OpenBVE Videomaker
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: R68 OpenBve [Cab Preview]
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2011, 02:22:01 pm »
Well, the (D) is released, so I'm guessing this train will be released very soon too? Can't wait  ;D

Yes yes , its going to be released really soon. 8) Right now im Equipping Simon's exterior and doing some small cosmetic changes to it. Afters thats done im going to take one more look at the physics and sounds so that the train is perfect.

Also Please note that this train [Version 1.0] will not have Changeable Rollsigns But instead will have it set By default to the D . A Later version will include rollsigns.

ALright, that's good, but I thought it was going to have Pacific 385's exterior? Or will there end up being 2 different R68's, yours and Pacific's?  ???
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:26:11 pm by SubwayTrainOperator5 »
Signature Removed (dead link)

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2011, 02:33:34 pm »
Well, the (D) is released, so I'm guessing this train will be released very soon too? Can't wait  ;D

Yes yes , its going to be released really soon. 8) Right now im Equipping Simon's exterior and doing some small cosmetic changes to it. Afters thats done im going to take one more look at the physics and sounds so that the train is perfect.

Also Please note that this train [Version 1.0] will not have Changeable Rollsigns But instead will have it set By default to the D . A Later version will include rollsigns.

ALright, that's good, but I thought it was going to have Pacific 385's exterior? Or will there end up being 2 different R68's, yours and Pacific's?  ???

From what i understand pacifics exterior isnt finished yet so thats why we are using simons exterior. Pacifics exterior will be used in a later version when it is finished.

Offline nelson3001

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2011, 03:40:06 pm »
I'm not trying to rush anyone, but it seems everything is pretty much done. PM me when you release the train and it's available for download. If you need I can go take pictures of the different rollsign destinations and bullets on the R68. It makes it a little more realistic than the destination/bullet surrounded in black instead of the darkish gray real rollsigns have.

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2011, 09:55:54 am »
I'm not trying to rush anyone, but it seems everything is pretty much done. PM me when you release the train and it's available for download. If you need I can go take pictures of the different rollsign destinations and bullets on the R68. It makes it a little more realistic than the destination/bullet surrounded in black instead of the darkish gray real rollsigns have.

But the rollsign is planned to be animated, and that would be a problem. Unless we could put the rollsign itself under a translucent surface  that looks dirty like it is in real life, and have the rollsign still animated anyway

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2011, 11:55:05 am »

But the rollsign is planned to be animated, and that would be a problem. Unless we could put the rollsign itself under a translucent surface  that looks dirty like it is in real life, and have the rollsign still animated anyway
We can and will. It's easy to do it.

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2011, 12:29:56 am »
Sorry if I'm a bit late on the news here, but I have come up with a list of suggestions for things the next version of this R68 should have (Panel and sound-wise) None of these are neccesary, they are just suggestions:

-Controller popping up and out of deadman when the train is in emergency (Similar to what the old R32 by Straphanger32 has)

-Animated horn button (If possible)

-Visible reverser (Even better, an animated one, and EVEN better, with sounds, similar to what the R38 has)

-Compressor sound

-Howling motor

Again, none of those are neccesary, they are just SUGGESTIONS.  ;)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:47:41 am by SubwayTrainOperator5 »

Offline Mr Railfan

• Head Admin
  • Dispatcher
  • Train Developer and Route Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2011, 02:14:23 pm »
Sorry if I'm a bit late on the news here, but I have come up with a list of suggestions for things the next version of this R68 should have (Panel and sound-wise) None of these are neccesary, they are just suggestions:

-Controller popping up and out of deadman when the train is in emergency (Similar to what the old R32 by Straphanger32 has)

-Visible reverser (Even better, an animated one, and EVEN better, with sounds, similar to what the R38 has)

-Compressor sound

-Howling motor

-I have updated the controller so it pops up when you hit emergency . This wasnt implemented in the first version because unlike the old Controller pictures used in r32 , the new one uses a Power controller and brake controller. to get the Controller to pop up i needed to apply a static throttle in the Up position [when its in emergency] to the brake picture when its in emergency.
so if you can make some sense out of that then it takes much more work then it did in the old days.

-I will animate the horn button

- i added in a visible reverser

im not a sounds guy so the updated sounds will be done by someone else

Offline F train fan

• Conductor
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2011, 02:35:41 pm »
is the new R68 going to have a rub sound like the real R68

Offline Pacific385

• Dispatcher
  • BVEStation Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2011, 02:57:58 pm »

-Compressor sound

-Howling motor

-I have updated the controller so it pops up when you hit emergency . This wasnt implemented in the first version because unlike the old Controller pictures used in r32 , the new one uses a Power controller and brake controller. to get the Controller to pop up i needed to apply a static throttle in the Up position [when its in emergency] to the brake picture when its in emergency.
so if you can make some sense out of that then it takes much more work then it did in the old days.

-I will animate the horn button

- i added in a visible reverser

im not a sounds guy so the updated sounds will be done by someone else
I'll take care of the sounds

Offline MegaChulo95

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2011, 06:25:52 pm »
I hope the R68 sound like the real deal
MegaChulo95

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2011, 06:35:02 pm »
I hope the R68 sound like the real deal

Well, the V1.0 pretty much already does, but it just needs a  better motor sound (howling). And perhaps some better Run sounds too.

Offline Fox-179

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2011, 08:59:57 pm »
Honestly the train sounds like shit the main focus was obviously the cab I think it was a RUSH-release b\c of the (D) line sure it'd be a better operation with the 68 equipment but there was good stuff available also plenty of SMEE equipment and a kickass 160 by Bill.
I contributed several 68 sounds and I think they weren't used b\c no one knew what to do what them(meaning they weren't good enough) or wasn't easy to put on the train.

My likings:
Cab 10/10
Exterior 9/10
Front/Face 9/10
Horn and sounds 4/10

Now I live out the city I won't be able to contribute but be more of a pain in the ass on the forums.I do appreciate everything.

• Dispatcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2011, 09:38:29 pm »
Honestly the train sounds like shit the main focus was obviously the cab I think it was a RUSH-release b\c of the (D) line sure it'd be a better operation with the 68 equipment but there was good stuff available also plenty of SMEE equipment and a kickass 160 by Bill.
I contributed several 68 sounds and I think they weren't used b\c no one knew what to do what them(meaning they weren't good enough) or wasn't easy to put on the train.

My likings:
Cab 10/10
Exterior 9/10
Front/Face 9/10
Horn and sounds 4/10

Now I live out the city I won't be able to contribute but be more of a pain in the ass on the forums.I do appreciate everything.

Well, this version of the train WAS rushed to get done, mainly because of how unexpectedly quickly the (D) Line got finished and was released. But the next version of this train will be better, don't worry. (And it could definitely use a new motor sound and run sounds though...)

Offline MegaChulo95

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2011, 10:04:51 pm »
Thank you
MegaChulo95

Offline MegaChulo95

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2011, 04:28:28 pm »
what that call when the motorman put full brakes and pull the handle up because i see it in the R68
MegaChulo95